Menu

Mine is less a word and more of a physical reaction. It is me just shaking my head in disbelief and slight disgust at the students in my classes at our co-op. Lets just say that the crop of kids in my class this year is a piece of work. They are not going to win any model homeschooling awards. I am doing a Shakespeare book club Much Ado About Nothing with them (among other things), and you would just be amazed at the sheer.....I have no other word than stupidity of these students!!!! I know this is much more than one word, but I just had to get it off my chest!!!

Mine is less a word and more of a physical reaction. It is me just shaking my head in disbelief and slight disgust at the students in my classes at our co-op. Lets just say that the crop of kids in my class this year is a piece of work. They are not going to win any model homeschooling awards. I am doing a Shakespeare book club Much Ado About Nothing with them (among other things), and you would just be amazed at the sheer.....I have no other word than stupidity of these students!!!! I know this is much more than one word, but I just had to get it off my chest!!!

Sounds like you have a lot of work ahead of you. What do you think the problem is? Slack homeschooling?

Oh, Boo! That sounds terrible!

Do you think most kids hear "Shakespeare" and just tune out? Does it sound scary, so they don't think they can do it?

I think I would have done that very thing at that age.

This cracked me up. 'Sprouts -- did you finally get to the potty?

Yes, the situation became desperate, so I got up. I tried to lay the baby on the couch gently, but he woke up. Then he screamed for half an hour because he wasn't ready to wake up. A day in the life with a two year old.

*sigh*

Oh, Boo! That sounds terrible!

Do you think most kids hear "Shakespeare" and just tune out? Does it sound scary, so they don't think they can do it?

I think I would have done that very thing at that age.

It's an elective so they choose to be there. The lessons are pretty darn fun (if I don't say so myself). They actually really like the movie (which we watch before reading the section). I don't know why Much Ado isn't required reading in high schools. It is such a fun intro to Shakespeare.

This particular group of kids is more of an alternative group rather than a true homeschooling group. Many of them have no school happening at home and do not have much of a work ethic. These kids are just very socially immature and I just wish I could record one of my class sessions with these guys to show you what I mean!!

I still really like the kids, but they do tire me out!! I have had the same group of kids that I just adored for about 3 years and almost all of them went to Running Start this year, and so the tone is very different this year. Anyway, I'm just venting! :001_smile: