Menu

For the first time in more than 4 years, I'm going to have MY OWN CAR!!!

:hurray: One of my very, very good friends called me and one of her friends has an old car she is going to give to me!!!! I am so, so, soooooooooooooooooo happy!!!!!!!!! It may not last long, it may not be great, but it runs!!!!!!!!!!

I have not had a car of my own since soon after my ex left and my car died, I am going to have my own car--no begging or borrowing, no putting up with the nastiness of my sister (I know I shouldn't be like that, & I should be grateful she took me along where she was going, and I have been, but, believe me, it was only where she was going, and she has made both me and my dd suffer for it!), no more missing out on basically all social events because we couldn't get to them!!!

My daughter is going to be the most social girl around!!!!! I'm really glad she is so far ahead academically, because she is going to have one busy social life, I'll tell you!!!! I was just asked to head my homeschool group--I refused, because I really want to make sure I have enough time for my dd, but I took second in command, and I am going to plan a ton of events, and we're going to all of them!!!

Now I just have to figure out how to pay for gas! :confused: ;)

I am so happy for you! I had a dream about you 2 nights ago. Weird huh? Anyway, in the dream I just had the feeling that your life was filled with more joy and peace (and a pretty garden and a great view?!?). I also dreamed that you worked at a library, but at the end of the dream I thought maybe she doesn't actually work there maybe I just think she does because like most hsers she spends so much time there and I woke up chuckling. Odd, I know, but it was such a good dream that I hope it comes true and more importantly, I hope yours do!

Kanga, you are too funny! I think actually I was in the car, running from the library in your dream--we have a long time feud going on--we use B&N as our library, go there, read, smell the coffee ;).

Thank you all--so much! I live more than 10 miles from public transport, which isn't good anyway, so this is amazing! And, Newbie, I do believe in Karma--my last two cars were beyond my ability to repair, so I donated them, and, when I still had money, I did give two of my cars away to families, so I guess I'm getting one of them back, reincarnated into another body :D.

But, um, guys--have you seen how much gas costs?????:svengo:

My daughter is going to be the most social girl around!!!!!

That's just what I was thinking!!! Good for both of you.

We got a dryer "thrown in" when we bought our first used washer years ago. We figured it was worth the lifting and hauling out of the lady's basement even if it worked for only a couple months.....it lasted for over 6 years.

Hope you have that kind of good fortune!