Menu

Who's going to tackle Wednesday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Send out email to RE parents

Defrost chicken and bake for homeless shelter

Academics - lots of math with 14yo as we have not gotten to it in 2 days!  Bad homeschooling mom, that I am!

take 17 yo to math tutor

14yo to voice lessons

17 yo to bass lessons (planning to do a short grocery run while he's there)

plan for Latin classes

Finish vacuuming upstairs (only got half done yesterday!)

• Like 2

I'm not having a great morning. Today is the two year anniversary of losing my mom. I miss her so much! Last night dd called me and told me she got to eat lunch with the president of her college and talk politics for about 40 minutes. Mother would have loved to hear all about dd's experiences and would be so proud of the kids. 

I still have to tackle today, though!

Done:

breakfast and lunch for dh

fed cats

coffee

To Do:

grade papers from my writing class and email any feedback (the two paragraphs are to be added to writing at home for one, longer paper)

school

laundry

meals

grocery list and grocery shopping

church

Edited by mom31257
  • Like 2

Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner

School- History, Math, English, IR & RA, Spelling, Handwriting

Clean up house (slacked a little yesterday)

1 on 1 with Ds

Showers/baths

Vaccum

Clean litter box

Feed animals

Outside time with kids/walk the dog

I would like to finish earlier today so I can have more down time. I'll either be going to church (might not if Dh uses my car for work) or having some veg time in front of the TV looking at next years curriculum options. :drool: I always use that thought to power through the day but somehow I never get the time/peace to actually do it.​

Edited by Mrs. Hound
  • Like 2

Good morning, school was cancelled for dd1 and I... Again, I haven't had a full week of school since the semester started Jan. 11 (well was supposed to start that day).

- anxiously await my Amazon package- got it, now I'm waiting for after dinner so I listen to my new movies while doing school work (and printing with the new toner, and making flash cards with my new pens and looking at my new books and premade cards) 🤓

- moms taxes (just to get them done)- done

- school work- did what I could for critical thinking (why give us homework with out the resources to find the answers?!?!), working on EAQS and my new flash cards make this so much easier

- laundry- in dryer

- fold laundry

- dishes- in dishwasher

- tidy house- round 1 done

- dinner- meat pulled off bones from left overs and have other meat cooking

- pay property tax- dh is doing because I don't wanna get my car stuck at the end of the driveway (dfil is going to plow later)

- baths/showers

- bedtime routine

- anything else I get done- menu planned for the rest of this week and next, replaced toner, put new screen protector on kindle

Edited by MomtoCandJ
  • Like 2

I'm aiming for another product give day.

-school

- finish cleaning entryway and closet

- figure out where all these clothes can go that fil gave to dh

- clean my room

- kids clean downstairs for 15 minutes

- continue garden planning

- read for an hour

- workout DVD

- clean kitchen

Edited by hjffkj
  • Like 2

Good morning! Regular Wednesday here.

To do:

School for all

Clean kitchen/general pick up

Laundry/other chores

Bills/paperwork

Dmil's cleaning lady just showed up. Lightening quick pick up from everyone!

Grocery store

PM practice/aikido

Post office?

Pizza night!

Have a great day, everyone!

• Like 2

We've had a rough start. DS1 is in his room tantruming about the unfairness of life and refusing to do his schoolwork. The youngers aren't much happier. Heck, neither am I.

Call the public school central office to ask if they can find DS2 a morning preschool placement instead of afternoon. This means tackling my severe and annoying phone anxiety. Done

Get through schoolwork with DS1. Done

Start dinner in the crockpot. Done

Wash two loads of laundry. Done

Fold four loads of laundry.

Exercise

Remember to eat lunch. Done

Call to schedule appt for DS2. See above: anxiety.

Progress. Hopefully I can knock out a few more items tonight after the kids go to bed.

Edited by BooksandBoys
  • Like 3

Well I put on real pants today, does that count?  LOL  After 2 days of comfy pants, it feels like an accomplishment.  We are moving into a busy couple of days.  School this morning, all of us have eye appointments after lunch.  If we get dilated the day is done and we come home to lie in the dark.  Blue eyes and dilation is awful.  It took 8 hours to get to normal last time.  Positive is it's cloudy today.  I may be able to drive the mile home after all.  Skipping the walking option just in case the sun comes out.  DS has laundry today.  And kids want to go to a youth group tonight. So I guess I won't slip into the comfy pants until after that.  Gotta go be social and all ;-)

I hope everyone else survives this mid week day.  I need to mentally gear up for the next 72 hours.  People coming over tomorrow, scouting event overnight Fri/Sat, then theater Sat night.  It's gonna be way too much social time for me in 72 hours LOL.  And I never sleep at the scout thing.  Happy Hump Day

• Like 2

Just opened the windows for the first time this year :hurray:

High 50's and sunny.

Ohhh it feels wonderful. SO mood lifting and energizing. Fighting the urge to spring clean... since we will probably have a blizzard next week.

Got my garden notebook and seed box out today!! I will be planting snow peas and spinach next week! In TN, spring is right around the corner.

• Like 3

Wednesday!  I heart Wednesdays.

• Curled kid's hair because she begged me.  Kid did 4 pages of math facts while I curled.  [done]
  • Kids ready & off to school.  [done]
  • Took out the garbage.  [done]
  • Cleaning in the kitchen & some clutter.  [done]
  • Took a nap!  [done]
  • Work.
  • Kids' work.
  • Kids to swim.  Walk or work while they swim.
  • Family TKD?
  • Quick grocery stop or pick up dinner on the fly.
  • More kids' work.
  • Kids to bed.
  • Work.
  • Like 2

Done:

Orthodontist for twins

School work

Clean off desk

Trash/recycle

Order pictures

Correct and file school work

To do:

Finish laundry

15 minutes in kids room

Clean powder room

Finish soccer order

Print math test

15 minutes master bedroom

10 minutes paperwork declutter

• Like 2

Done:

Insurance phone call

Called Cox (and got into big argument for lousy customer service :()

Cuddled with baby

Took kids to school on time

Dropped library books

Some laundry

Trying to put baby for nap, not very successful yet

To do:

Enroll ds for sport

Pick up kids

Sw phone call

Hosp phone call

Work on girls room

Get rid of several bags to donate

Work on kitchen

• Like 2

Human care done

Pet care done

Medical care done including unpacking my new pills and doing a last minute drug interaction check just to make sure.  Later I need to swap some pills out and add some pills to my pill boxes for the rest of the week.

Dd still is listless.  I'm not sure how much to push or not.  I did have her feed the bunny. 

• Like 1

Wow, I actually did everything on my list today.  I usually fail to get to all of it.

We managed to make it to TKD, yay.  We still didn't get our stripes on our belts saying we are eligible to test.  I plan to go to the early class tomorrow and if we still don't get the stripes, we'll do the second evening class too.  That's all we can do.  Next test is in April.

The bird novelty is great for motivating the kids.  "Yes, you may let the bird out to fly, after you are done with all your work."  Second day in the row my kids willingly did extra math and music practice.  :)

• Like 2

Thanks for the hugs!!! Today was dreary weather here, so that didn't help, but I made it through okay. 

I made it through the list except I didn't get all of the papers graded. 

I hope everyone has a good night's sleep and those who need to feel better wake up feeling refreshed!

• Like 1