Menu

Help me name my new kitty!

I mean, really. Princess.

Of course, you should wait a few days, and the right name WILL pop out of you out of the blue. That is how all our animals here got named. Just call her "Princess....." for now until her regal real name appears.;)

Along those lines, we've tried "Mia" and "Fiona". (You know -- The Princess Diaries and Shrek!)

Ashes on Snow (Ashes for short)

Bonnie (means pretty or charming in Scottish)

Tumbleweed

Willow

Nebula

Shadow

Silver

Paws

Charcoal

Pearl (they sell gray pearls)

Cinder/Cinderella

Pewter

Whiskers

Fluffy

Cuddles

I know a family that never found a name for their cat--and she remained "Kitty" for her entire life. LOL!

Have fun. Naming cats is a great family past-time in my home. LOL!

"Roxanne"

But, she also says she really needs to "know" the cat in order to determine a proper name for it.

The oldest suggests "Sheila".

Other ideas:

Cameo

Phoebe

Fable

Tiffany (as in the jewlery store)

Cashmere

Little Debbie

Bella

Godiva (Diva for short)

Sabrina

Whispers

Haley (as in the comet)

Q.E. (pronounce it Kewie -- for Queen Elizabeth)

Doran

Anastasia is my choice. Just don't name her after real people. Someone here voted for one of my dd's names. Since my eldest already has oodles of pets with her name, and even my youngest, I'm hoping my middle one can escape this. Anastasia is beautiful and elegant, and I've never met anyone living with this name, but I have with all those other people names.

My girls are so into Hannah Montana. I liked the idea of naming the pet after someone that means a lot to the kids. (Either from a movie or tv or a favorite book.) I like this idea rather than going for a name that reflects what the animal looks like. Also I read somewhere that animals respond better to 2 syllable names.....

Enjoy the kitty! Ours is about 4 mo now. She is a little rascal but very sweet....

Your kitty is far too unique to be named anything common. Not only is she regal in appearance, she has some resemblance, in between the eyes and around the nose, to that of the wise owl. The Greek goddess Athene/Athena is associated with the owl and is a a protector to the species. She should be called Athena.

Anastasia is my choice. Just don't name her after real people. Someone here voted for one of my dd's names. Since my eldest already has oodles of pets with her name, and even my youngest, I'm hoping my middle one can escape this. Anastasia is beautiful and elegant, and I've never met anyone living with this name, but I have with all those other people names.

I think Anastasia is a beautiful name. But I do know someone with this name!

Oops!!! Guess it's hard to pick an elegant name that no one has. Of course, if I'd had my way when I was pregnant, my second dd would be named Agatha and that's not a common pet name. I love the name because of a family friend, but dh didn't care for it. But Anastasia is just a lovely name.

Oops!!! Guess it's hard to pick an elegant name that no one has. Of course, if I'd had my way when I was pregnant, my second dd would be named Agatha and that's not a common pet name. I love the name because of a family friend, but dh didn't care for it. But Anastasia is just a lovely name.

LOL!!! My cat's name was Agatha!

We are thinking of maybe Fiona or Sierra, but we'd love your ideas! :)
I'm Jacqui's D.H.,

I suggest Sapphira. No real reason, except it has a very soft sound. I thought first of "Saffron" (for the sound) but on looking at the pics, I found she isn't that color. Sapphire is similar, but brings to mind the dark blue stone, which also doesn't work for me.

On the other hand, she has very convincing eyes, so on first glance, one could believe every word she says. The first time she gives you that look of innocence when she's upset the lamp, or whatever, you might think the Biblical reference quite appropriate... :rolleyes: