Menu

ok, well now here is a first

Wow!!!!

Standardized testing was soooooo painful with my dd. For both of us. Every time I read the instructions and then said, "Do you have any questions?", she would look at me and say, "Yes.", and then ask a totally random, unrelated question. Every. Single. Time.

:banghead:

• Like 3

Wow!!!!

Standardized testing was soooooo painful with my dd. For both of us. Every time I read the instructions and then said, "Do you have any questions?", she would look at me and say, "Yes.", and then ask a totally random, unrelated question. Every. Single. Time.

:banghead:

oh man...that's tough going

I predict my younger kid won't be so happy about them.

My DD enjoys them for social reasons. That and "test prep" is going to Aldi and picking out snacks to take, and deciding whether we're going to McDonalds, Subway, or Chick Fil-A for lunch afterwards. She's done grade level testing with other homeschoolers and the EXPLORE for talent search.

She did the SAT recently (for talent search, but in a room with mostly non-talent search high school students) and was surprised at "how serious" everyone was.

Edited by dmmetler
  • Like 2

Is it possible to let someone else proctor the testing?  My youngest first experience with standardized tests was the Stanford 10 online.  Since the computer is the "proctor", I am totally out of the picture other than paying for the test and printing his test scores for him.

My kids enjoy standardized tests partially because it is an excursion for them.  One year we forgot to buy snacks ahead of time and I had to send my DS11 for state testing with a can of coke and nut-free "junk food" bought from a vending machine.  My hubby would take annual leave for state testing days so we would go and have fun afterwards.