Menu

UPS and crazy delivery hours

SparklyUnicorn

Here, ups must finish his tour before he can head home UNLESS he calls the recipient of the package and gets an okay ( we get called a lot bad weather. They don't like coming to our house). On good days he can make it to my house early evening. On bad days it's dark.

I'm sorry it was late, but it was late for him too.

• Like 2

All our UPS packages tracking will say delivery by 8 pm.

It's often actually 8 or close to it, but I've never had it later. Delivering that late, and with a doorbell ring especially, would annoy me. I have a kid in bed by then!

UPS mis-directed two packages of mine recently.

Last week a package went to the wrong sorting facility and so was delivered a day later than they told me originally. It was frozen food, and I was concerned. UPS wouldn't admit their mistake on the phone. I let it go because the food appears to be fine.

Then this week they apparently didn't load my item on their truck for delivery. This was an Amazon 2 day that was supposed to arrive on Wed. Because of the holiday, I got it Friday instead. I needed it for Thanksgiving. Amazon did try to make it right when I called.

Edited by sbgrace

I used to do Christmas delivery for UPS. Great money, and a free turkey. We worked until 9 or later every night the 2 weeks before Christmas.

Packages requiring signatures, yup--no one is home until after 6. So that's a second time through the route.

If you are negatively affected by late delivery, you might ask if you can leave a signature card outside. We used to be able to do this

Most of the time, people were happy to get their packages in time for Christmas.

The reason they deliver in Christmas now is to meet terms of agreements-- they took extra money to guarantee Christmas delivery so they have to do it. I'm glad that wasn't policy in my day.

I looked hot "in my browns." So I was told. :0)

After 9 is normal here. They don't always knock, so you check online or else ask the gift giver to do so and text or call you (yes, from thousands of miles away) to tell you it's on your front porch.

The kidlings who drive the trucks look just as exhausted as my own kiddos so when they knock, I make a point of yelling, "Thank you! Merry Christmas! You are appreciated!" loud enough for them to hear across the street.

Thanks, Patty Joanna. You were appreciated. Merry Christmas.

Edited by Guest

Thank you!

It was a pretty fun job. It paid the bills I couldn't as a teacher (permanent substitute) and I got to run around all day.

One of the little kids in the neighborhood I delivered in ran out to meet us every day, yelling "IT'S THE PUS LADY! ITS THE PUS LADY!!"

I was glad for the job.:0). But it got pretty late sometimes.

See that's weird because I was expecting something Christmas eve (a replacement seal for my dishwasher).  It said out for delivery all day.  Then at 6pm it said UPS was done/closed and it would not be delivered. 

I had this happen last year around Christmas time. An item was supposed to come 4 days before Christmas. It was out for delivery for 2 days, and each day it went back to the UPS warehouse. I did finally get it on the 3rd day it was out for delivery.

Kelly

Edited by SquirrellyMama
  • Like 1

I asked the UPS guy when we came at 8pm. He said they don't stop until everything is out of the truck for that day.

Yep. That's what I've heard. The truck must be empty before heading back. BIL worked his way up the UPS chain for almost 30 years (he finally left a few years ago). His holiday hours were exhausting.

Thank you!

It was a pretty fun job. It paid the bills I couldn't as a teacher (permanent substitute) and I got to run around all day.

One of the little kids in the neighborhood I delivered in ran out to meet us every day, yelling "IT'S THE PUS LADY! ITS THE PUS LADY!!"

I was glad for the job.:0). But it got pretty late sometimes.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: