Menu

TWTM forum-inspired purchases

Word Nerd

Ok, I guess I'm way behind the times as there's nothing I've seen listed yet that I've bought due to the forum.  Is there a shame icon?

I might be responsible for some of you choosing Keens though.

I have started taking turmeric daily due to board suggestions.  Does that count?

We've gotten our home made yellow rice recipe from a suggestion on here too - perhaps a couple of other recipes not coming to mind yet.

Oh, and I started getting a flu shot a couple of years back due to reasons read about on here.  I'm dangerously close to giving in to a couple of other medical "normal for my age" checks too, but that's only partially due to peer pressure here (partially due to peer pressure IRL).

It seems like there should be a couple other things - oh yes - there are a few books, The Glass Castle and Whatever You Do, Don't Run come to mind.

I had to look at the rat zapper.  I am not currently experiencing a rodent problem but that is good information to have.

I have purchased curriculum based on reviews here.

My favorite discovery was Duluth Trading for their long tail tank tops.  I have a rainbow of them.  I live in them.  They are my favorite tank tops.

OMG, thank you for this.  I have a long torso and find shirts that cover me is a nightmare (because I totally want my mom belly hanging out #notamilf).

• Like 1

How do you ladies even remember all these things? As I'm reading through your responses, I'm saying "Oh yeah!" I remember that. And several "I did get that!" I have a horrible memory.

I wasn't even going to mention the curriculum I discovered here. I was a true curriculum hopper. I tried nearly everything recommended. Poor DH had to deal with me spending hundreds of dollars, and even more when you figure I tried Sonlight and Calvert School. Goodness I miss my homeschooling days!

• Like 1

Essential oils.  Specifically from Eden's Garden and I've been very happy with them.

Black Warrior pencils

Diva Cup

The Shakti mat (okay technically I picked a knock off version since I liked the colors better) is sitting in my Amazon cart.

I've looked at the insta pot more times than I can count but I haven't sprung for it yet.

Nutrimill grain mill

Bosch Universal mixer

Excaliber Dehydrator

ipad

fiestaware

I'm curious about the carbon steel pans.  Are they good for eggs?  I'm tired of scrubbing my Tramotina pans (which I learned about from a different site but have mentioned them here but I suspect Spy Car deserves the credit for promoting them here).  I fry veggies before the eggs so I can't get the pan hot enough to keep the eggs from sticking without burning the veggies and I don't want to dump out the veggies to cook the eggs in the pan.

I'm sure there are others that I'm not remembering.

Edited by cjzimmer1

You people have cost me alot of money. :)

Off the top of my head:

ALL of my curriculum choices, including some I never used :)

Settlers of Catan

an iPad ( this forum was the first I'd heard of them)

clothes

PHP Well-Caffienated Mind coffee cup (so sad that this broke, and they no longer sell them)

an evaluation for my dyslexic daughter with the Drs. Fernette and Brock Eide, which was also a fun sightseeing trip to Seattle

books (although most books recommended here I found at the library)

yoga pants (there was so much talk about them here, I had to be part of the fun)

a future purchase I will make: Speed Queen washer when mine kicks the bucket (it's currently 22 years old and going strong, but I will replace it with a Speed Queen when the time comes)

that's all I can think of right now

Not a purchase but THE baked oatmeal by Mrs. Mungo has become a staple in our house.

Oh, if we include recipes then I have to add Mergath's white bread, and someone's chicken taquitos. I thought I saved the thread but it would take quite a while to look through my saved threads.

I also found many tv shows to stream, especially British crime dramas.

• Like 1