Menu

Birthday present for 11 year old dd

PIE!

Dh and I are stuck. We don't know what to get Dd for her birthday. She'll be turning 11.

Past presents she has loved:

Fashion stencil drawing books

Rainbow loom

Sewing supplies

Spa supply making kit

Simple cook books

Plush cats

Ceramic cats

Books about cats

Comic books (Calvin and Hobbes, Garfield, etc.)

If you didn't notice, she loves cats and crafts. Any gift ideas? Non-cat or craft ideas are also welcome, as we wouldn't mind helping her expand her interests.

My dd loves puzzles. Jan van h.. Ones are a favorite. They are funny cartoonish ones. She also likes white mountain presidents and such. She's also a cat person :)

Lately she's been enjoying a pad of tracing paper as well. And there's always books.

Paper dolls, especially american girl or period history ones, she plays with a lot as well.

Pogo stick for outside.

• Like 1

Knitting supplies and lessons. Scrapbooking materials. A digital camera, photo album and Shutterfly gift card. I tried desperately to get one of my girls at that age to take over photo albums for the family. No luck here, but maybe it would work for you.

• Like 1

Your dd sounds a lot like my dd10 (almost 11)!  Except the only cats she likes are Hello Kitty inspired.

Now I can get some ideas for her birthday, too.

Simple cross stitch

Craft supplies -- felt, yarn, glue, googly eyes, pom-poms

American Girl has cookbooks for different time periods

My dd just likes looking at cookbooks -- especially cupcake books or something similar.  Maybe you could get her one of these and a bunch of ingredients?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0618829253?tag=hellocupcakeb-20&camp=14573&creative=327641&linkCode=as1&creativeASIN=0618829253&adid=084Q34HREGDFCM520EYF&

or 

http://www.amazon.com/Whats-New-Cupcake-Ingeniously-Occasion/dp/054724181X/ref=pd_bxgy_14_img_y

I'll come back if I think of anything else!

• Like 1

My daughter received an Indian bead loom at about that age and has used it for years.  If you have a beading store nearby you might see if they sell them and accompany it with a gift certificate to purchase some beads.

Regards,

Kareni

• Like 1

My dd loved cutely shaped pillows at that age.  She has a pillow shaped like a donut that she adores.  She got hers from Justice, which, by the way, is girl heaven for tweens (at least where I am.  There is a contingent of boardies who loathe the place.)

If she's interested in earrings or cute hair things or cute purses or makeup, we recently discovered that Claire's is also girl heaven.

• Like 1

My DD is almost 11 and got a sewing machine, Project Life core set/binder/accessories, and a wool felting kit last Christmas. Huge hits! She is cat crazy too and the first thing she felted was a cat. For her birthday I think I am going to get her the freshman volume of the Quilter's Academy series and a gift certificate to a local quilt shop so she can pick her own fabric.

• Like 2

My DD is almost 11 and got a sewing machine, Project Life core set/binder/accessories, and a wool felting kit last Christmas. Huge hits! She is cat crazy too and the first thing she felted was a cat. For her birthday I think I am going to get her the freshman volume of the Quilter's Academy series and a gift certificate to a local quilt shop so she can pick her own fabric.

I just looked up the Quilter's Academy series on Amazon, I think I'm going to have to get the first book for my budding seamstress for her 13th birthday or Christmas.  Thanks for the recommendation!

• Like 2