Menu

Where can I buy a good, plain white t-shirt?

Stacia

I am tired of tees that are tissue thin (& I don't want to layer as it is too hot where I live to wear layers in the summer), skin-tight, unevenly sized (looking at Old Navy specifically as I find their sizing all over the place), and wear out/stretch/pill quickly. Every year I buy a couple out of desperation but they are never ones that I'm happy with. I've found shirts at TJ Maxx, Target, Old Navy, Orvis, etc..., but have never found 'the' white tee.

Some believe in the perfect little black dress. Me? I believe in the perfect white tee. I'm beginning to think I'm on a quest for a unicorn.

I'd love to find a decent weight (not see-through) white tee, maybe slightly fitted, crew or v-neck. I don't want lace or frilly edges. I also prefer more natural fibers vs. man-made ones. Bonus if I can order it online.

Help! Please! :willy_nilly:

Land's End has the best T-Shirts. I love them.  They feel great, wash well, have a great thickness, and the material is high quality.

I prefer the fitted tees, and they're made for women there, as opposed to teenagers.  They look nice, and are not too tight, but show that you have a waist.  

Try lands end.  I love their short sleeve shaped t-shirts!!!! They also sell them in relaxed fit if you don't want them too fitted, and now "slub" fit which I don't really know what that is.  but you can order in multiple colors and sizes and styles, try them on at home, and then return them at the nearest Sears store! Easy - and they wear great!

• Like 1

Costco has had some good heavy women's "t's".   and long!  don't remember if they had white, but colors . .

their men's are great too.

I've also bought t's at target - they are thicker than some of the "upscale" dept stores.

I like Eddie Bauer tees. Long sleeved are my staple wardrobe item 8-9 months of the year and the short-sleeved variety are my staple the other 3-4 months. We have an outlet on our drive up to Portland, so I stop there several times a year to get more shirts. They always have white and black plus other seasonal colors. When I'm lucky they are on sale for $9.99, otherwise $12-$15. You can order them from the catalog or website too--probably a little more money. Longer shirt, crew or v available, decent weight fabric, slightly fitted but still comfy.

LL Bean pima cotton tees

That link is to the crew necks, but they're also available in v necks.  And there's a long sleeved version, too.

I used to live in Lands End tees, but their quality has become downright shoddy.  The last tees I ordered from them were unbelievably thin and the side seams were crooked.  I returned them to Sears the day after they were delivered.  LL Bean tees are great.