• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

I'm tired.

DD is asleep.  She's holding at 99, but I'm glad she's sleeping because her tummy is still hurting a lot. 

in my books, child abdominal pain that lasts longer than 24h warrants a dr check 

the vomiting might by a symptom of, and not a cause of the pain, kwim? 

• Like 2

I'm tired.

DD is asleep.  She's holding at 99, but I'm glad she's sleeping because her tummy is still hurting a lot. 

Poor kiddo. 

I know that a while ago, we had a virus going around that involved horrible stomach pains and fevers. Never much throwing up, but you felt absolutely miserable. 

If she's still hurting, though, I'd probably take her to the doctor just to make sure it's not pancreatitis, appendix, etc. 

Hope you all figure it out soon. *hugs*

• Like 1

For a fever, slather skin with salted butter and roll in a tub filled with poppy or sunflower seeds.

For a cold, alternate swinging (on a swingset) vigorously for 10 minutes and laying face down on a wooden plank.

Might work, might not.

:D

Silly Susan.

You treat both with duct tape.  Duh.

Leeches. Aren't you supposed to put leaches on people? For something?

Make sure it's only organic leeches.

Also, I know of an MLM that sells the purest form of leeches. They're the new essential oil! They'll cure anything!

Exactly.  And you take them off with duct tape. 

Duh.  Everyone knows this.

Ya got all this, Renai? I'm thinking an appendix to the ITT cookbook titled, " Medical Advice You Can Trust!"
  • Like 7

I went for a walk with the dogs & ran into chatty neighbour so we had a long gab. I realized half way through I'd forgotten her name but I'm old & brave now & just point blank said "um sorry, I've realized I've forgotten your name" 

ds goofs off if I'm not here to laser him with my eyes so now he's 'behind' on his math.

It's so amazingly gorgeously warm today. I wish I could just go to the beach but in solidarity with studying for finals dd we're quietly hanging out at home. 

My kids both pomodoro their time & they're spending their breaks on the deck. I hope the guy with the leafblower quits so we can go back to listening to birds. 

• Like 6

I don't think the grout in this house is sealed. I shall be spending some part of this weekend with a scrub brush as the grout in the kitchen tile has odor now.

ugh, btdt. enzymatic pet cleanser sprayed on & then put damp wrung out cloth over it to stop it evaporating out. Repeat a couple times and that usually does it. 

• Like 2

I wanna work out. 5 years ago you never would have guessed that I would be one of those types of people, but now I am and I wanna work out. I wanna sweat and grunt and hurt and I'm really pissed off that I can't. I want my fiestawear and tablet, and now I want diamond earrings because of my stupid husband, but I can't have any of it because we're poor. I think I need chips.

• Like 7

I wanna work out. 5 years ago you never would have guessed that I would be one of those types of people, but now I am and I wanna work out. I wanna sweat and grunt and hurt and I'm really pissed off that I can't. I want my fiestawear and tablet, and now I want diamond earrings because of my stupid husband, but I can't have any of it because we're poor. I think I need chips.

Corn tortilla chips. With salsa.

• Like 1

Well, got my end of year evaluation done. Now, I'm trying to crank out 25 portfolio documents by Tuesday. I should do more, considering I have 110 to do altogether by the end of April. Technically, by the first Friday in May, but I'm shooting for the last Friday in April.

• Like 6

I don't think the grout in this house is sealed. I shall be spending some part of this weekend with a scrub brush as the grout in the kitchen tile has odor now.

I hate grout.  I hate my grout.  If you want, I'll hate your grout too.  I never want grout and tile again.  ever.

• Like 5

I went for a walk with the dogs & ran into chatty neighbour so we had a long gab. I realized half way through I'd forgotten her name but I'm old & brave now & just point blank said "um sorry, I've realized I've forgotten your name" 

ds goofs off if I'm not here to laser him with my eyes so now he's 'behind' on his math.

It's so amazingly gorgeously warm today. I wish I could just go to the beach but in solidarity with studying for finals dd we're quietly hanging out at home. 

My kids both pomodoro their time & they're spending their breaks on the deck. I hope the guy with the leafblower quits so we can go back to listening to birds. 

Sounds lovely!

• Like 2

I hate grout.  I hate my grout.  If you want, I'll hate your grout too.  I never want grout and tile again.  ever.

Please do.  We were happy to find a carpet free home in our price range, but I super hate tile.  It's great for a number of reasons for this locale, but grout is the pits.  If the money tree in our back yard ever bears fruit, we're going to put in hardwoods throughout the house.

• Like 3

CHIPS!  with lots of toppings that you probably can't eat right now!  yummy! 

• Like 3

Well, got my end of year evaluation done. Now, I'm trying to crank out 25 portfolio documents by Tuesday. I should do more, considering I have 110 to do altogether by the end of April. Technically, by the first Friday in May, but I'm shooting for the last Friday in April.

Extra points for quoting myself.

Not to mention, the family summary reports I also have to complete. You know, the ones that were supposed to be started at the beginning of the year, given an update in the middle, and finishing off at the end? PLUS the whole thingamabob where we check off all the rubrics for each Indicator to give to the parents. Yeah, all that.

• Like 2

Go out!!  I want Mexican. 

Cook Mexican. It tastes better.

Well, at least mine does.

Hmmm. For some stuff.

Some stuff is better when made with other hands.

Yeah, that's it.

We are eating in - mini bean burritos. Or, "bean burritos eaten in fajita-sized tortillas" because that is all we have.

I'm thinking maybe going to The Great American Taco Company. 

I just ate there yesterday and feel like I am required by matrimonial law to introduce my husband to it. ;) 

Their tacos are a freaking pound!! 

That will suffice for Mexican, right? :D 

• Like 4

Five portfolio forms done on one Indicator. I need at least 5 from each of 5 indicators for the consultant to look at on Wednesday. I saw more photos in this particular Indicator file, and feel I should go ahead and do those.

• Like 3