Menu

Ignore this thread!

Later, much later, the mom came back in, and I asked her if she was okay, and she said yes and brushed it off so I moved on to other topics.  I saw the dad and said, "HI!" as I walked out, which was awkward, but he was not in the mood to talk so I kept walking.  I felt sorry for him even though it was his fault because that is still embarrassing.  The 25 yo son and his wife came in and talked to me about the incident, which resulted from his dad thinking that the 14 yo son was not showing good sportsmanship by blocking the shot of a kid when son's team was up 19-0.  25 yo son said that his dad used his size to intimidate him for his entire life and he wanted his dad to see what that was like.  He had not meant to knock him down.  All this time I am just glad that I don't go to their house for Thanksgiving, you know? :leaving:

The dad is a bully. 

• Like 3

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Also, still processing last night's open gym massacre*, you never know how functional your family is until you see how dysfunctional some other folks are. :leaving:

*hyperbole

We're going back on Thursday.  Maybe I should pack heat.*  :huh:

*also hyperbole.  I do not have a CCL.

We're mind-melding today, Tex.

I totally agree on the power of the "I may be weird, but at least I'm not that weird..." thing.

Also, since you're in Texas, aren't you required by law to open carry at all times?  I read it on the internet.

• Like 4

ALL RIGHT, YOU ITT PEOPLE! I HAVE HAD IT UP TO HERE WITH YOU! NOW GET TO YOUR ROOM / QUIET SPACE RIGHT NOW WITH SOME ICE CREAM, COFFEE, AND/OR TREAT OF YOUR CHOICE AND I DON'T WANT TO SEE OR HEAR FROM YOU FOR AT LEAST 2 HOURS!!

(With the exception of checking in on the ITT thread lest we begin to worry.)

Yes, ma'am. Right away, ma'am. Thank you, ma'am. 

• Like 5

This is like the opener of a weird novel. "It was a stormy night and I had taken up trying to eat avocado again." 

Your kids sound so great, and thank science for Imitrex & I hope you're all better & don't have that wooozy post headache feeling. 

Your basketball story  is all  :ohmy:   I'm on team 25yo son taking dad down a peg & standing up for his younger bro.  I hope the wife gave her dh a stern talking to as well because whoa. 

YEsssss....Nanowrimo here I come! :lol:

I'm kinda weird today due to bad sleep schedule, but I think I'm good!   :D  My kids are actually really helpful in a crunch!  Also, to brag on one kid, he has made a deal with youngest that if she does an extra math lesson a day, he will play a Mario game with her.  He reminds her.  She fell behind in math when we switched to CLE so my goal is to get her caught up, and this is a painless way to do it.  He came up with this on his own.  

Later, I have to take the odd father to get his repaired car.  I hope they did not mess it up.  He swears that the last four mechanics who worked on his car have messed it up.  (This is not true.  My dad has odd and rigid thinking, which is why he is the odd father.)

Edited by texasmama
  • Like 4

Oh, yeah.  I swore that any child of mine would know the proper names when I had to put an 8 or 9 year old girl (it's been a while) on the stand and the only word that she knew for her private part was the c word.

This approach is not without its risks, however. After a bath when she was about 2, DD proudly announced to her dad that, "I'm a girl.  I have a bagina and long hair.  You're a boy.  You have a peanut and short hair."

That's a family legend right there.

I had a midwife once who used the "c" word.  That was my first clue that we were not quite on the same page. 

ALL RIGHT, YOU ITT PEOPLE! I HAVE HAD IT UP TO HERE WITH YOU! NOW GET TO YOUR ROOM / QUIET SPACE RIGHT NOW WITH SOME ICE CREAM, COFFEE, AND/OR TREAT OF YOUR CHOICE AND I DON'T WANT TO SEE OR HEAR FROM YOU FOR AT LEAST 2 HOURS!!

(With the exception of checking in on the ITT thread lest we begin to worry.)

Whispering:  I think she really means it this time.  We better do it.  <tiptoes away....>

• Like 6

YEsssss....Nanowrimo here I come! :lol:

Yep, I didn't blame the 25 yo, though now I know where his edgy temper comes from.  I always suspected that dad had this under his hat, but I didn't expect to see it quite like that.

I'm kinda weird today due to bad sleep schedule, but I think I'm good!   :D  My kids are actually really helpful in a crunch!  Also, to brag on ds13, he has made a deal with little dd that if she does an extra math lesson a day, he will play a Mario game with her.  He reminds her.  She fell behind in math when we switched to CLE so my goal is to get her caught up, and this is a painless way to do it.  He came up with this on his own.  He will be a great CEO someday.

Later, I have to take the odd father to get his repaired car.  I hope they did not mess it up.  He swears that the last four mechanics who worked on his car have messed it up.  (This is not true.  My dad has odd and rigid thinking, which is why he is the odd father.)

This was a lightbulb moment for me. Thank you.

I have done stuff today.

I took a shower, went to drug store for tlih, grocery store for me/us, checked on tlih, sorted her meds, put stuff away and done some school. I have also done laundry and fed people. I have accomplished things. ;)

It is almost time to pick up dd16.

I am ready for bedtime.

Oh, and I'm outta likes.:(

• Like 6

I am ketchupped.

Do not eat the ducks!!!!!!!

I desperately want twins.  Prayed for them.  Hoped for them.  Never got them.  Sigh. 

My children were all almost 2 weeks overdue, except the first, who was on time.  All around 8 pounds.  All came with a weight gain of about 28 pounds, which was lost after the first three but not after the last two.  Those ten pounds are here to stay, methinks.  I choose to believe that it has nothing whatsoever to do with my lapsed gym membership.  

I am looking forward to warmer weather, and scheduled school items done, and leisurely breakfasts on the deck with ITT while the ducklings play in the backyard.  We are not there yet, but almost.  2 weeks left in CC, 4 weeks in PG, 5 weeks (I think?) in CBS.  

• Like 5

Also, I will say that my odd father loves me a lot, and I accept his efforts towards relationship with me and my family and others.  He has a very sweet, childlike heart.  He is not neurotypical, but he is a good man who truly believes I am a much better person than I actually am, which is completely the bomb and all folks should have one of these people in their lives.  I was blessed to have two because my mom was the same.  It's kind of amazing, actually.

• Like 9

Our CC group finished this week.  (But I think I already said that).  And 10yo ds finished the process for Memory Master this week (yay for him.)  This week is mostly off for the younger two.  I'm taking 14yo and 12 yo to the homeschool conference.  We will do "normal" school the next three weeks and then take a week off before dh leaves.  Then we will decide how much school we want to do for May - definitely math and reading books. 

• Like 6

I collected and organized all of dh's W2's from customers for him, handed the pile of them all paperclipped together a few weeks ago, and told him not to lose them.  He has over 30 accounts.  He has lost them.  I cannot find them, even though I was not the one who lost them and was trying to look for them in obvious spots.  

I collected and organized all of dh's W2's from customers for him, handed the pile of them all paperclipped together a few weeks ago, and told him not to lose them.  He has over 30 accounts.  He has lost them.  I cannot find them, even though I was not the one who lost them and was trying to look for them in obvious spots.  

Sounds like a serious pain in the butt. 

#isaidbutt

• Like 5

Oh no! The praying side of me will pray they are found, but the Once Upon a Time side of me wants to send you a locator spell ASAP.  :leaving:

• Like 5

Dh and dd are participating in a historic race across the new floating bridge that was just built.  Today was race packet pick up day (say that fast, 10 times).  It was craaaaaaaazy.  There were hundreds of people trying to pick up the packets in a small running store. They were trying to direct people to park down at Lowe's and walk back but apparently runners don't like to walk a few block to park.  So they snarled traffic and honked at each other.  Just as we were leaving, the police arrived. . .  

• Like 5

Serious musings here: Why is it people have no problem saying "cock" in reference to a gun but get in a tizzy about calling a bird a "cock"?

ETA: We teach our kids to say "cock-a-doodle-doo" so why is "cock" by itself bad just because some people misuse it?

Jo is right....I didn't think the language filters would allow it. It's really a big deal on the BYC boards. Or at least...it has been. Some people are really offended by the word. And then there are the purists that talk about how "real" chicken folk won't take you seriously if you call a cock a rooster. And heaven forbid you call it a roo.

I think it's all a bunch of poppycock. (tongue-in-cheek)

• Like 4

Oh, yeah. I swore that any child of mine would know the proper names when I had to put an 8 or 9 year old girl (it's been a while) on the stand and the only word that she knew for her private part was the c word.

This approach is not without its risks, however. After a bath when she was about 2, DD proudly announced to her dad that, "I'm a girl. I have a bagina and long hair. You're a boy. You have a peanut and short hair."

That's a family legend right there.

LMBO! This remindec me of the time I was reading Panda Bear, Panda Bear to the kids. I stopped to tell them how pandas live in China. A 3 yr old DD excitededly proclaimed, "China?! OH! I've got a china right here!"

Now, everytime DH asks I hear the word China, we bust out laughing.

• Like 6

Dh found his W2's.  The odd father said that his car will not be ready today, but I had to order him some 100% cotton hankies on amazon and talk to him for a long time. 

I don't know why people don't want to call a male chicken a rooster.  I don't know what is wrong with the word Easter, either, though.  I will just call things what I want, and if people don't like it they can try to force feed me avocado while chest-butting me at basketball games held at churches.  I may or may not be packing heat or high on Imitrex, steroids, or the joy of life so act at your own risk, dude.

Edited by texasmama
  • Like 5

Since I am on a roll here and we are really skating to the hairy edge of appropriateness (my favorite place to be), I will say that I made a nice poster with pictures and information about our bball team for candy sales, only when I cut a picture out a certain way it was obscene so I had to discard it and choose another one.  The discussion about the rooster made me think of it. :leaving:

• Like 3

Next year I think I want a tent by myself at writing camp. Complete with attack bunny.

My cabin mates are a serious bunch of clams. Good thing I've got ITT to consult when my muse trips on a root and goes sprawling in the darkness.

Are you at writing camp now?

It's a writing camp Booya!

Edited by Another Lynn
  • Like 3

Dh found his W2's. The odd father said that his car will not be ready today, but I had to order him some 100% cotton hankies on amazon and talk to him for a long time. Little dd dyed eggs because we had not done this yet, and she requested. I called AGAIN to straighten out a fraudulent charge on my Kohl's card. Lina tried to make me pay for her car seat. Around Christmas, someone tried to charge a Kitchenaid mixer on my account. Kohl's has some security issues online, yo.

I don't know why people don't want to call a male chicken a rooster. I don't know what is wrong with the word Easter, either, though. I will just call things what I want, and if people don't like it they can try to force feed me avocado while chest-butting me at basketball games held at churches. I may or may not be packing heat or high on Imitrex, steroids, or the joy of life so act at your own risk, dude.

2nd paragraph is pure awesomeness. I want to be you when I grow up.

• Like 3