• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Nope.  Not Grace.

It shall never be revealed.  My maiden name became my middle name when I married.  And even my pre-married middle name is a surname (family tradition).  The first middle name was ugly, the second boring.   But for the price of your crockpot recipes and your cell#, I will gladly share either.  

Guinevere and Grace are both very pretty options for Slashababy, though.  And Eowyn, too, from LOTR; though because it's so clearly a LOTR name, you are really making a statement if you use it.   

:hat:

Eowyn is my favorite LOTR character.

I read (parts of) The Fellowship of the Ring when I was in labor with dd5.  My doctor said I should have named her Arwen Evenstar.  Because awesome name!  (I didn't.)

• Like 3

Tex-

Good girl for good behavior at the bball game. Mostly.  I think.  That quarter thing is a tad desperate, but I can tolerate it.  Dh is the same way about money.  

Hugs about the PITA and the freaky dream.  

Dh woke up this morning and said he'd dreamed that I was about to play the clarinet.  Which would not be worth mentioning except that I had a dream last night that I did play the clarinet.   I borrowed it from a guy at my college's graduation ceremony, which was taking place inside a mall, because the entire campus (dorms, fields, academic buildings...) had been moved inside a giant mall to keep it all secure.  

Weird.

• Like 2

Eowyn is my favorite LOTR character.

I read (parts of) The Fellowship of the Ring when I was in labor with dd5.  My doctor said I should have named her Arwen Evenstar.  Because awesome name!  (I didn't.)

:iagree:    Awesome name.  

"I am no man!"

Best quote in the whole movie.  Don't remember if it's in the novel.  

• Like 1

Tex-

Good girl for good behavior at the bball game. Mostly.  I think.  That quarter thing is a tad desperate, but I can tolerate it.  Dh is the same way about money.  

Dh woke up this morning and said he'd dreamed that I was about to play the clarinet.  Which would not be worth mentioning except that I had a dream last night that I did play the clarinet.   I borrowed it from a guy at my college's graduation ceremony, which was taking place inside a mall, because the entire campus (dorms, fields, academic buildings...) had been moved inside a giant mall to keep it all secure.  

Weird.

Whoa.  You are a weird dreamer, too.

Just so you know, a quarter on the court could cause a nasty fall and someone could shoot their eye out!!!  Or something close to that.  And get a concussion.  I'm also trained to be freakish if I see a spot of water on the court.  I am ON IT.  There will be no slip and fall accidents on my watch!  After the game, dh (who did not notice his wife on the court TWICE removing various foreign objects because FOCUS, said that the assistant coach told him there was money rolling on the court and that I had run out and removed it.  Dh asked him if he got sufficient sleep the night before. :lol:

Edited by texasmama
  • Like 2

Tex-

Weird.

My mom once heard my dad mumbling in his sleep.  She asked him what he was talking about.  And (while still asleep, I think), he said, "If you can't dream the same dream I'm dreaming, don't ask questions!!!"  Well, then.  :laugh:

• Like 3

Whoa.  You are a weird dreamer, too.

Just so you know, a quarter on the court could cause a nasty fall and someone could shoot their eye out!!!  Or something close to that.  And get a concussion.  I'm also trained to be freakish if I see a spot of water on the court.  I am ON IT.  There will be no slip and fall accidents on my watch!  After the game, dh (who did not notice his wife on the court TWICE removing various foreign objects because FOCUS, said that the assistant coach told him there was money rolling on the court and that I had run out and removed it.  Dh asked him if he got sufficient sleep the night before. :lol:

These refs were really nice, you guys!  Like dh talked to them, and they didn't T him up!  He is not supposed to ever talk to the refs because his game face is really mean and angry, but he forgets. :smilielol5: I'm all like, "I thought you were going to let Assistant Coach talk to the refs, dude", and he is all like, "Oh, I forgot."   :willy_nilly:   I try to get his attention during games sometimes to send him secret reminder messages, but it is not possible.  The world could cave in, and all he would see is the players on the court.

-Drugs.  And the fact that I have been learning the tin-whistle. 

-Did you see the see the clip of the Other Rodger's dad crashing through the band to score a game-winning touchdown?  They needed you there, apparently.  That's a lot of field debris.   

My mom once heard my dad mumbling in his sleep. She asked him what he was talking about. And (while still asleep, I think), he said, "If you can't dream the same dream I'm dreaming, don't ask questions!!!" Well, then. :laugh:

Ok,that's hysterical! I about spit my breakfast cereal out!

Tex, I'm proud of you, keeping the court clean! I love basketball games! Hopefully DS can pick up his grades so he can play basketball next month. His math and science grades are in the cellar and dh insists that he can't play sports with poor grades. For an ordinary kid, I'd agree, but DS needs sports badly. He's got a tremendous amount of energy to get rid of.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 2

Nope. Not Grace.

It shall never be revealed. My maiden name became my middle name when I married. And even my pre-married middle name is a surname (family tradition). The first middle name was ugly, the second boring. But for the price of your crockpot recipes and your cell#, I will gladly share either.

Guinevere and Grace are both very pretty options for Slashababy, though. And Eowyn, too, from LOTR; though because it's so clearly a LOTR name, you are really making a statement if you use it.

Why would you want my cell number?

• Like 1

Nope. Not Grace.

It shall never be revealed. My maiden name became my middle name when I married. And even my pre-married middle name is a surname (family tradition). The first middle name was ugly, the second boring. But for the price of your crockpot recipes and your cell#, I will gladly share either.

Guinevere and Grace are both very pretty options for Slashababy, though. And Eowyn, too, from LOTR; though because it's so clearly a LOTR name, you are really making a statement if you use it.

Here are some of my favorites. Not all slow cooker ones. http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/572828-so-pantray-meals-you-can-freeze-for-later

• Like 1

He's still here. His boss has "important things at the office to take care of" that have him 2 hours late every day, so it doesn't matter if he's a little late. One of the guys is an hour and a half late once a week because his wife has early classes and he has to take the kids to school. Nobody says anything because nobody cares. The boss has no idea.

Oh. Well how is that being late then? Sounds like a flexible work schedule (to a point). That's what we have. I can do 7-3:30 or 10 to 7 if I want. I could do more remotely except I can't work from home due to my disposition.

• Like 1

Tex, you are crazy.  I'm honored to know someone so funny!  You are a good mom, a good basketball fan, a good basketball wife, and a good supervisor, and a crazy dreamer. 

Junie, that's the funniest sleep talking story I've heard!

Mark, glad to hear the good report, but what about driving, etc?  Chewie is impressive!

(I got likes back for a minute and then POOF, gone again.)

• Like 2

Oh. Well how is that being late then? Sounds like a flexible work schedule (to a point). That's what we have. I can do 7-3:30 or 10 to 7 if I want. I could do more remotely except I can't work from home due to my disposition.

If he got caught he could be written up. He's supposed to fill out a form to have pay deducted if he's more than 5 minutes late, but his boss doesn't come in until 8. He claims he's working, but everyone knows he's not.

Hi, everyone.  I'm so very, very sorry I have been gone so long.  With luck I will be making more regular appearances again.  I've missed this thread.

The last three months of every year always get a bit hectic in our family, and even though I had a plan -- more than one, actually -- things still got hectic beyond my control.  Seasonal allergies and the usual accompaniment of sinus infections and other bugs started in earlier than usual this fall.  DD11 broke her elbow, and I broke a sesamoid bone in my foot.  We have dealt with the usual 7 birthdays, wedding anniversary, Halloween, Thanksgiving (we hosted 22 this year, 5 of which were very welcome out-of-towners), NaNoWriMo (woohoo!  I "won" it again!), and now we are in Christmas prep.

I have learned a few things.  When you are the stay-at-home parent you get to diagnose, arrange for doctor appointments, and take the kids to whichever appointments they need (which comes in handy when your youngest is getting a cast off and you casually ask the doctor if he would look at your toe that keeps hurting -- lookie there!  You have a broken bone!)  I knew this before, but some lessons seem to come around again and again and again....

When you are the stay-at-home parent you are the one who will be dealing with the fish tank, and very quickly fish tanks.  It doesn't matter that DD11 and DH promised that they would take care of the fish themselves and you won't have to deal with them at all.  They cross their hearts, earnest faces sincerely nodding at you.  Over the next few months you are the one who gets to "help" DD11 rescue not one, but two batches of small fry that have been born to the "only females" fish DH selected at the pet store.  (He selected a breed that not only bears live young, but a breed in which some females will turn into males if there aren't enough males around for "getting busy".)  You are the one who will set up not just one additional tank, but eventually another three tanks as well, to separate the guilty and prolific pair from each other and every fish else AND protect the newest babies from larger fish AND have another tank for separating males from females of the first batch (and wonder what on earth you will do if that batch of females decide to start switching sexes, too).

And amazingly you are the one, despite your new need for bifocals, you are the ONLY one who sees the algae that needs scrubbing out of the tanks.  Only you.

Why didn't I say, no, never again on allowing another fish tank back into this house?  Why did I let them get more?   :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:   Obviously I hadn't learned this lesson well enough.

Anybody want some creamsicle mollies?  

• Like 10

Yay!!!  :hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:  Welcome back, AMJ!  We missed you :crying:

Thank you!  I've missed all of you, too.

I got a weird message when I clicked the quote button right after liking your post.  I was informed that the administrators have put a limit on how many posts I could post in a given time frame and was told I must wait one second before proceeding.  I waited for at least two, then proceeded.  I guess a "like" equals a post, and this must be part of the measures to counter automatons doing post bombing (or whatever you call it).

• Like 1

Hi, everyone.  I'm so very, very sorry I have been gone so long.  With luck I will be making more regular appearances again.  I've missed this thread.

The last three months of every year always get a bit hectic in our family, and even though I had a plan -- more than one, actually -- things still got hectic beyond my control.  Seasonal allergies and the usual accompaniment of sinus infections and other bugs started in earlier than usual this fall.  DD11 broke her elbow, and I broke a sesamoid bone in my foot.  We have dealt with the usual 7 birthdays, wedding anniversary, Halloween, Thanksgiving (we hosted 22 this year, 5 of which were very welcome out-of-towners), NaNoWriMo (woohoo!  I "won" it again!), and now we are in Christmas prep.

I have learned a few things.  When you are the stay-at-home parent you get to diagnose, arrange for doctor appointments, and take the kids to whichever appointments they need (which comes in handy when your youngest is getting a cast off and you casually ask the doctor if he would look at your toe that keeps hurting -- lookie there!  You have a broken bone!)  I knew this before, but some lessons seem to come around again and again and again....

When you are the stay-at-home parent you are the one who will be dealing with the fish tank, and very quickly fish tanks.  It doesn't matter that DD11 and DH promised that they would take care of the fish themselves and you won't have to deal with them at all.  They cross their hearts, earnest faces sincerely nodding at you.  Over the next few months you are the one who gets to "help" DD11 rescue not one, but two batches of small fry that have been born to the "only females" fish DH selected at the pet store.  (He selected a breed that not only bears live young, but a breed in which some females will turn into males if there aren't enough males around for "getting busy".)  You are the one who will set up not just one additional tank, but eventually another three tanks as well, to separate the guilty and prolific pair from each other and every fish else AND protect the newest babies from larger fish AND have another tank for separating males from females of the first batch (and wonder what on earth you will do if that batch of females decide to start switching sexes, too).

And amazingly you are the one, despite your new need for bifocals, you are the ONLY one who sees the algae that needs scrubbing out of the tanks.  Only you.

Why didn't I say, no, never again on allowing another fish tank back into this house?  Why did I let them get more?   :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:   Obviously I hadn't learned this lesson well enough.

Sorry about the broken bones and the fish. 

Congrats on the NaNoWriMo achievement, though!

• Like 1

I had an aunt Virginia. She was wonderful. She helped raise me when my mom left and my parents divorced. She died suddenly when I was 9, and I was heartbroken. Thus, when I hear the name Virginia, I remember her with love and admiration.

My middle name is Marie. As is my mother's and dd16's. I don't like my name.

My maternal grandmother was Nova Myrtle. She went by Myrtle because she hated Nova (pronounced Novie). I lived with her from 14-18. We took care of each other. Her husband was Emery Elwood. Names are strange. :D I kinda like Nova with the short /a/.

My paternal grandmother was Clara (pronounced Clarie). Again I like the short /a/ Clara. Her husband was Floyd.

Wow, there's a bunch of info for an I.D. stealer. :D

A mile or two down the street from my Mom's old house was a married pair who were quite proud of their names:  Norm and Norma.  They had a welcome sign out with both names on it.

• Like 2

Hi, everyone. I'm so very, very sorry I have been gone so long. With luck I will be making more regular appearances again. I've missed this thread.

The last three months of every year always get a bit hectic in our family, and even though I had a plan -- more than one, actually -- things still got hectic beyond my control. Seasonal allergies and the usual accompaniment of sinus infections and other bugs started in earlier than usual this fall. DD11 broke her elbow, and I broke a sesamoid bone in my foot. We have dealt with the usual 7 birthdays, wedding anniversary, Halloween, Thanksgiving (we hosted 22 this year, 5 of which were very welcome out-of-towners), NaNoWriMo (woohoo! I "won" it again!), and now we are in Christmas prep.

I have learned a few things. When you are the stay-at-home parent you get to diagnose, arrange for doctor appointments, and take the kids to whichever appointments they need (which comes in handy when your youngest is getting a cast off and you casually ask the doctor if he would look at your toe that keeps hurting -- lookie there! You have a broken bone!) I knew this before, but some lessons seem to come around again and again and again....

When you are the stay-at-home parent you are the one who will be dealing with the fish tank, and very quickly fish tanks. It doesn't matter that DD11 and DH promised that they would take care of the fish themselves and you won't have to deal with them at all. They cross their hearts, earnest faces sincerely nodding at you. Over the next few months you are the one who gets to "help" DD11 rescue not one, but two batches of small fry that have been born to the "only females" fish DH selected at the pet store. (He selected a breed that not only bears live young, but a breed in which some females will turn into males if there aren't enough males around for "getting busy".) You are the one who will set up not just one additional tank, but eventually another three tanks as well, to separate the guilty and prolific pair from each other and every fish else AND protect the newest babies from larger fish AND have another tank for separating males from females of the first batch (and wonder what on earth you will do if that batch of females decide to start switching sexes, too).

And amazingly you are the one, despite your new need for bifocals, you are the ONLY one who sees the algae that needs scrubbing out of the tanks. Only you.

Why didn't I say, no, never again on allowing another fish tank back into this house? Why did I let them get more? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: Obviously I hadn't learned this lesson well enough.

So glad to know that I am not the only scarce ITT-er. Just wanted to drop in to say hi and I miss you guys:-) that may be a little weird since we are all online amigos, but this thread really does just make me smile and I miss it when I am not here.

Nothing nearly as exciting as frisky fish here. Just trying to get over a crash and do double everything for Christmas, so my in-laws can enjoy the season. 2 sets of cards, 2 sets of gifts to pick out, buy and wrap, family and house guests. Oh, and that pesky educating the children thing, lol.

I'll stop by again soon. In the meantime, hugs to all who are :-( and yay for all who are :-)

• Like 7

Sorry about the broken bones and the fish. 

Congrats on the NaNoWriMo achievement, though!

Thank you!  I am quite pleased with myself on that one.  I actually didn't finish what I am writing before hitting the 50K word mark, but with one thing and another I needed to stop there for the moment.  Now it awaits me catching up on the house cleaning (I caught a bug recently), putting away the stuff I dragged out for decorating, getting the Christmas shopping and mailing all done, going to park day today because the girls met new friends their age there, getting my diet (as in what I'm eating, not a specific plan) back in order, researching new vehicles (DH is determined to replace mine this year's end), finishing setting up the fifth fish tank so I can identify and separate males from females in the first batch of babies (soon to be adults), baking homemade cookies for Santa, creating a homemade present times 3 for the now traditional family exchange with DH's brothers' families and their parents, remembering in time and getting to the appointments that are scheduled in before Christmas--

I'm not sure I'm getting back to my writing project until 2016.  Frustrations and surprises aside, however, I am really enjoying this time of year.

• Like 2

So glad to know that I am not the only scarce ITT-er. Just wanted to drop in to say hi and I miss you guys:-) that may be a little weird since we are all online amigos, but this thread really does just make me smile and I miss it when I am not here.

Nothing nearly as exciting as frisky fish here. Just trying to get over a crash and do double everything for Christmas, so my in-laws can enjoy the season. 2 sets of cards, 2 sets of gifts to pick out, buy and wrap, family and house guests. Oh, and that pesky educating the children thing, lol.

I'll stop by again soon. In the meantime, hugs to all who are :-( and yay for all who are :-)

Good to see you, Prof!  Hang in there, and when you have time tell us what you can about the crash.

My sister and her friend used to say (to each other), "The best solution to my problem is your problem."  This was in reference to the fact that when one had a problem she was stressing out about it took her mind off of it when she listened instead to her friend's problem.  I think this thread has an element of that, among all of its other charms and graces.

Omigosh, look at the time!  I gotta go!

• Like 5

Off to do algebra with dd13.  I'll be back later.  If we survive.   :lol:

Phew.  We survived.  :)  But only because I let her skip the surface area question of some object that looked like a lopsided ice cream cone.  I didn't have the strength to teach her.  And I had sushi calling my name for lunch.   :laugh:  Priorities, right?

• Like 6

Hi AMJ! :hurray:

Hi Heather! :hurray:

'Bout time y'all checked in!

Hey hey! Be sure to check out our new Christmas booya songs!

It's lunchtime. Dd13 is eating a banana dog - hot dog bun, banana, peanut butter, ketchup AND mustard. Dd17 is eating cheese puffs with a knife, pirate style. Dd6 is having a bun with ketchup only.

#nutritionaltravesty

• Like 3

It's lunchtime. Dd13 is eating a banana dog - hot dog bun, banana, peanut butter, ketchup AND mustard. Dd17 is eating cheese puffs with a knife, pirate style. Dd6 is having a bun with ketchup only.

#nutritionaltravesty

:drool5:

Just kidding!

:ack2:

• Like 6

#nutritionaltravesty

This is worse than a nutritional travesty!  :D

• Like 4

I got a weird message when I clicked the quote button right after liking your post.  I was informed that the administrators have put a limit on how many posts I could post in a given time frame and was told I must wait one second before proceeding.  I waited for at least two, then proceeded.  I guess a "like" equals a post, and this must be part of the measures to counter automatons doing post bombing (or whatever you call it).

Measures taken because spam. Pages full of non-English spam.

• Like 1

:seeya:

frisky fish

:lol:  :lol:

Booyah bells, Booyah bells, Booyah all the way!

Oh what fun it is to Booyah; or to Booya Slashe's way! 

Christmas_smiley.gif

Happy Holidays, y'all!

Edited by ikslo
  • Like 9