Menu

Ignore this thread!

This is me dealing with dd7 today.  She has been huffing and stomping and complaining all day.  She gets like this sometimes.  Too often.

I am not looking forward to this child's teenage years...

We have instigated a child trade program so no worries there.  Mostly, I claim the 3 and unders, but I have laid claim to Renai's 16 yo dd because she is a caregiver, and I am short one of those around here.

• Like 4

We have instigated a child trade program so no worries there.  Mostly, I claim the 3 and unders, but I have laid claim to Renai's 16 yo dd because she is a caregiver, and I am short one of those around here.

So glad to find out about this.

Who wants to have my dd7 for a few days?  She's a sweet girl.  In theory.

• Like 5

So glad to find out about this.

Who wants to have my dd7 for a few days?  She's a sweet girl.  In theory.

Ooo, ooo, ooo! Pick me! Pick me!

I'll swing by and get her after I've gotten John and Mooies. After that, we'll go get Gymnast; she's so adventuresome, I figure she'll want ride on the luggage rack on top!  (Oh, and mine's not in the Child Trade Program.  She's an only and I'm very attached.) 

I was born with an H. Booya is like writing "ya" instead of "yeah". Incorrect. For the "ah" instead of the short "a" we require an "h".

If you look at my post history you'll see I am consistently pro-H.

And that's all I will say about that, besides BOOYAH.

Hear, Hear!

:cheers2:

• Like 2

Morning!

It is ds11's (!) birthday today! Dh found a Belgian waffle maker on clearance at Walmart, so that will be birthday breakfast today.

Tonight is Dd17's opening night performance; I got to video her solo in N.Y.C at the dress rehearsal last night. (Smiles and hearts). My chamber concert is tonight (more smiles and hearts) and no one has to go to the dentist today!

Have a great day! Hugs to you all!

Sounds like a wonderful day!  Happy concerting!

• Like 2

Is she young and enthusiastic?  That's how I picture her.  Imma punch her in the throat, too.  I'm kinda feeling it lately.   :)

Things go completely to bits when you are absent.  You appear to be our glue.  Or the Chair, as in Robert's Rules of Order.

ONLY SPEAK IF ELLIE RECOGNIZES YOU, M'KAY?

OOOoooooh golly.  An m'kay.  I don't know if I can stomach that one.  That's worse than starting a sentence with a "so."   :svengo:

• Like 2

I thought this thread was to be debate free...

However, in regard to elephant cheerleaders, I am most appalled that Mark posted a picture of Eagles cheerleaders.

Mark, please tell me that you're not a Philly fan.  (If you are, I don't want to know.)

Amen.

Junie, 350 pages ago you would have scored mega points by now.  I salute you.  Too bad you showed up to the party too late....

Their cheer for the elephant behind them is clearly implied in the context created by the photographer's compositional expertise. You literalist.

Oh my gosh, you've made me cry.  Boo, hoo.  :crying:

I'm going to go and tell my boss I need to leave early for personal reasons now.

• Like 3

I left early today to rescue Izzy from the sweet but intensely lazy MIL. Ever seen Hoarders? Yeah. Almost a candidate.

Granny had a chicken carcass on the counter in her apartment (formerly the cleanest part of the whole house) that was clearly not fresh...

Boss sort of avoided my gaze today. No followup on the job status change. Oh well we don't need a house anyway...

Ooo, ooo, ooo! Pick me! Pick me!

I'll swing by and get her after I've gotten John and Mooies. After that, we'll go get Gymnast; she's so adventuresome, I figure she'll want ride on the luggage rack on top!  (Oh, and mine's not in the Child Trade Program.  She's an only and I'm very attached.) 

This is exactly what she needs today.   :leaving:

• Like 1

We are only allowed to debate the really important things on this thread. 

Stop paying so much attention.  You were given strict instructions to ignore.

Debating only important things.  Ignoring rules.  Not paying attention.  Got it.  (Sounds like my life in middle school. ;) )

• Like 5

I thought this thread was to be debate free...

However, in regard to elephant cheerleaders, I am most appalled that Mark posted a picture of Eagles cheerleaders.

Mark, please tell me that you're not a Philly fan.  (If you are, I don't want to know.)

He never answered.  I am :nervous:

• Like 1

What do you get when you combine American History with too much Latin Grammar?

The Declension of Independence. Hahahahah!

(This is what DD kept saying as we wer doing our history reading today. She wasn't actually trying to mispronounce it, she was just reading too fast! )

• Like 8

The overt violence here is a bit disconcerting.

Just trying to be supportive.  Plus, I like to say "punch in the throat".  It sounds really BA.

Debating only important things.  Ignoring rules.  Not paying attention.  Got it.  (Sounds like my life in middle school. ;) )

By George, I think she's got it!

• Like 3

OK OK here she's both an elephant and clearly full of cheer.

New-Sexy-J-Valentine-Costume-Faux-Fur-Pi

She lost her pom-poms, though... :(

EDIT - Oh wait! They're on her hat!

This is one of those costumes, like sexy fast food worker or sexy banana, that I just know my partner would find incredibly sexually confusing, but not to the extent that I would not get laid.

• Like 3

You must share with us.  In case we need inspiration for our own overhaul.  And then it can be our educational post for the day, too.  Bonus!

Your wish is my command:

Daily  - math, Spanish and vocab because those require cumulative study.

Monday - Lang. Arts Day - we'll work on the BW module, and try Cocoa Classics / Poetry Tea.  

Tuesday - Science Day - We'll still use Galore Park as our spine but will do the reading, watching videos and doing experiments all in one day

Wednesday - History Day - I'm thinking that I'll have her go through the entire Crash Course World History videos which will give a good overview of world history.  Perhaps 4 of those videos over the day?  Mixed with. . . .   what?  Some books/projects from the library or internet? 

Thursday and Friday - Project Days - we cover a lot of the arts, cooking, science experiments

I'm hoping that this will engage her more because while we're good at checking off the list, that really isn't what either us want for homeschool.

We went to the library this afternoon and each of us got a book for each of SWB's (or was it her mom's?) 8 library categories (science, history, art/music appreciation, practical matters, biography/autobiography, classic, imaginative fiction, poetry).  We will have time read them as they fit our day categories.  Or at least that is what I have in my mind.  We'll see how that works in real life.  I did it too and I'm looking forward to recharging my own learning batteries.

• Like 4

I have no idea what SWB got sued for, but hyperlinking isn't a violation of IP law. Similarly I don't think a forum admin is even necessarily liable for user generated content.

Of course, in the US anyone can sue for anything.

Personally I think you're just elephant phobic. :-P

I have no idea what SWB got sued for, but hyperlinking isn't a violation of IP law. Similarly I don't think a forum admin is even necessarily liable for user generated content.

Of course, in the US anyone can sue for anything.

Personally I think you're just elephant phobic. :-P

I'm not completely sure, either, but here is a link to her post.

http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/527990-absolutely-essential-all-users-please-read/?do=findComment&comment=5917894

Your wish is my command:

Daily  - math, Spanish and vocab because those require cumulative study.

Monday - Lang. Arts Day - we'll work on the BW module, and try Cocoa Classics / Poetry Tea.  

Tuesday - Science Day - We'll still use Galore Park as our spine but will do the reading, watching videos and doing experiments all in one day

Wednesday - History Day - I'm thinking that I'll have her go through the entire Crash Course World History videos which will give a good overview of world history.  Perhaps 4 of those videos over the day?  Mixed with. . . .   what?  Some books/projects from the library or internet? 

Thursday and Friday - Project Days - we cover a lot of the arts, cooking, science experiments

I'm hoping that this will engage her more because while we're good at checking off the list, that really isn't what either us want for homeschool.

We went to the library this afternoon and each of us got a book for each of SWB's (or was it her mom's?) 8 library categories (science, history, art/music appreciation, practical matters, biography/autobiography, classic, imaginative fiction, poetry).  We will have time read them as they fit our day categories.  Or at least that is what I have in my mind.  We'll see how that works in real life.  I did it too and I'm looking forward to recharging my own learning batteries.

Nice block scheduling.  It may appeal here at some point.

Make her read a few Horrible Histories and you must read aloud Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde to her.  Those are my only two requests, and they are very reasonable.

ETA:  On that bit of bossypants business, we have a booya(h).  Susan's song, etc.

• Like 3