Menu

Ignore this thread!

Depends. We also had a key separate on my wife's car. Sometimes there's only a bit of molded plastic holding it together. Not great for a heavy object that has to be twisted multiple times a day as part of its function.

This remote is a keyless starter which has a thin embedded key that is part of the remote.  The car would not start without the entire thing so I was stuck with a car that would not start.  It is really difficult to separate this piece.  My dad couldn't do it when we were changing the battery.  I had to depress a button on the side hard in order to get it to separate.  I have no idea how little dd got it separated and lost in the yard.  This is a newish Camry, and I like the keyless starter okay, but if something happens to the remote you are in deep water.

Re: "just homeschooling":

There is no "just". Just always means simple, easy, insignificant to me. "Just" take their diapers off and they'll toilet train. "Just" don't put up with it (whatever that means). "Just" taking care of a baby. "Just" read to them. "Just" trust me. Etc.

I admit to this myself because is see things black and white and assertiveness is never difficult even a little bit. So I feel like "JUST TELL THE TRUTH!" Or "Just put them in school" because those things are easy.

But people underestimate the power of that little modifier... "Just"... If it were "just" why would everyone be working so hard?

• Like 3

Re: "just homeschooling":

There is no "just". Just always means simple, easy, insignificant to me. "Just" take their diapers off and they'll toilet train. "Just" don't put up with it (whatever that means). "Just" taking care of a baby. "Just" read to them. "Just" trust me. Etc.

I admit to this myself because is see things black and white and assertiveness is never difficult even a little bit. So I feel like "JUST TELL THE TRUTH!" Or "Just put them in school" because those things are easy.

But people underestimate the power of that little modifier... "Just"... If it were "just" why would everyone be working so hard?

I think she meant "only" rather than just.  Maybe that is a small difference, but when I realized her age, I knew her struggle was really a typical life stage.  Adults have developmental stages, too, but most people tend to forget that and are surprised when it happens..

• Like 4

Phew!  Caught up.

Hugs to Dawn and Susan and Jean and Slache and all others feeling sick recently.

Hugs to Tex on the whole car thing. 

Hugs to Mark on the whole work thing, but no hugs on the Mickey thing.  Because envy.

And a pat on the back for myself, because now I can park in my garage again, and the kids have the basement back for play space again, and the crawlspace is just about organized.  

• Like 6

What do you sing?

I can hit just about anything, although my range has dropped some with each subsequent child. I can make it work. Don't worry.

ETA: I can sing the full range of alto, tenor, and hit some soprano. I used to be able to sing a lot higher range in soprano, but kids. My dad helped me stretch my voice when I was young by putting me in the soprano section in the church choir (at my request).

• Like 1

I can hit just about anything, although my range has dropped some with each subsequent child. I can make it work. Don't worry.

I know, right???  I started out as a soprano in middle school, moved to alto in high school and now sing a great Chris Daughtry first tenor.  I think we're good then.  My break is really low and awkwardly placed so I'm better in the lower ranges.

• Like 1

Exciting, Slache. I had one heartbeat when they first checked me. Nobody knew there were two in there until the ultrasound. I was read the riot act on my weight gain and then she slapped the probe on me and I was vindicated.

I wish to report a 2,358 word day. I have cleared the 10,000 word hurdle. Yippee!

• Like 7

I think she meant "only" rather than just. Maybe that is a small difference, but when I realized her age, I knew her struggle was really a typical life stage. Adults have developmental stages, too, but most people tend to forget that and are surprised when it happens..

I know but "just" makes it sound like not enough. Or like many people are working another job. Very few can.

• Like 1