Menu

Ignore this thread!

How's the lemonade, Slache? I can see it would not be good on the way back up. I think for some people the acid helps it stay down.

They didn't have anything decent at Costco so he's hitting winco on the way home today. I did throw up some sweet potato crackers though. Not bad.

Yes. And I'm going to talk about alternatives, like ginger. The meds put me to sleep so I can't take them all day.

Would you be interested in prednisone?  It won't put you to sleep, lol.  One of the drs. in my ob/gyn office is glad to prescribe it.  One of the others likes to save it as a last resort; he says there is a slight increase in risk of cleft palate.  I took it for about a month (not counting the tapering off time) during two of my pregnancies, fwiw.

ETA:  zofran didn't help me.

Would you be interested in prednisone? It won't put you to sleep, lol. One of the drs. in my ob/gyn office is glad to prescribe it. One of the others likes to save it as a last resort; he says there is a slight increase in risk of cleft palate. I took it for about a month (not counting the tapering off time) during two of my pregnancies, fwiw.

ETA: zofran didn't help me.

I'll write it down. I've always taken Phenergan.

Jean, wish you could take a nap today.  Hope you're feeling okay. 

I'm ok.  Dd brought me the bunny for some bunny snuggle therapy.  And after morning school we had a very satisfying time taking a hammer to some stuff that had to be broken up so that it would fit in the garbage.  .  So snuggle therapy followed by bashing therapy!  

• Like 5

Would you be interested in prednisone?  It won't put you to sleep, lol.  One of the drs. in my ob/gyn office is glad to prescribe it.  One of the others likes to save it as a last resort; he says there is a slight increase in risk of cleft palate.  I took it for about a month (not counting the tapering off time) during two of my pregnancies, fwiw.

ETA:  zofran didn't help me.

FWIW, I was on a fairly high dose of prednisone for much of my pregnancy (different reason) with no ill effects and never any mention of cleft palate.  It is, however, a very powerful medication with known side effects.  If you keep vomiting, it's definitely preferable to hospitalization for dehydration, but I'd try the ginger first.

• Like 2

Good. :)

I got it because we had no health insurance when I was pg with little dd, and zofran was really expensive out of pocket. Phernergan knocked me out so I couldn't take it much. The Relief band did not make me not nauseated, but it kept the nausea at a level at which I did not throw up and could tolerate and function.

That's good enough for me!

I'm having pizza with a root beer followed by a brownie. Let's be honest here, pizza has protein and tomatoes, root beer as anti nausea effect and brownies have iron. This really is all about the baby.

Yay!  Imho (and I've not been to med school, of course), but I think eating during morning sickness is all about what stays down and has nothing to do with nutrition goals. 

Btw, my grandmother had a root beer every morning during morning sickness with one of hers and it helped her tremendously. 

• Like 2

Can... can I have some? It's for the babies.

Absolutely!  Anything for my widdle darlings!  It should be out of the oven in about 15-20 minutes and I'll send it right over.  I hope you all like chocolate and cinnamon chips; I seem to have a bit of a sweet tooth right now.

• Like 3

I chuckled at that. I'm sorry your life is ruined.

Was this about me and my English class stuff?

It wasn't exactly ruined, but it was about like being pregnant in that something comes and takes over your body, mind and spirit for a time.  I'll have myself back for a month come December 4th.  :D

Was this about me and my English class stuff?

It wasn't exactly ruined, but it was about like being pregnant in that something comes and takes over your body, mind and spirit for a time.  I'll have myself back for a month come December 4th.   :D

:lol: No, it was at Lynn. I should have quoted.

• Like 1