Menu

Ignore this thread!

So you think I have an imbalance that's making me ill and the lemonade is correcting the balance?

Well, if you were drinking with food, I would think that might validate the theory that you need more acid.  Since you're drinking it on an empty stomach, I don't know. 

Not to be TMI, but when you get sick, if it looks very much like it did before you ate it, perhaps it wasn't digested much.  Hence, an evidence of lack of acid. 

(Like my hence?)

• Like 6

Well, if you were drinking with food, I would think that might validate the theory that you need more acid. Since you're drinking it on an empty stomach, I don't know.

Not to be TMI, but when you get sick, if it looks very much like it did before you ate it, perhaps it wasn't digesting much. Hence, an evidence of lack of acid.

(Like my hence?)

Except that I don't usually throw up, so I don't have much to compare to. Wanna come over to my place for breakfast and vomiting tomorrow? You know, for science.

Yes, nice hence.

• Like 4

Well, if you were drinking with food, I would think that might validate the theory that you need more acid. Since you're drinking it on an empty stomach, I don't know.

I'm going to disagree here. One needs a proper balance in their stomach, whether or not there is food currently present. If my balance is off then I could have an upset stomach at any point, with any contents. Now, whether lemonade is capable of correcting such an imbalance is beyond my knowledge. I have read much of Grey's Anatomy though, so feel free to be impressed.
  • Like 2

If I was puking, I wouldn't really care about why I was now not puking, if you know what I mean. Call it a miracle. A blessing. A Divine gift.

I always want to know everything. The more you understand the easier it is to solve the next problem. Knowledge is power, power corrupts, so study hard and be evil. Wait, where was I going with this?

• Like 5

An actual thing a few minutes ago:

"Hand me the Snap Circuits book that is by the store.  I mean, door.  I mean, stairs."  

Tex says that I'm drunk.  (Dd sent her a blackmail YouTube of me.  )  But see, I'm typing just fine.  I'm sane.  And in total control.  

The video was very telling.  I threatened to call the local authorities.

I concur.

I think that scene of the movie was my favorite.  And it is a great movie.

Why lemonade works to settle a stomach:  Some of it may be blood sugar related.  Lemonade has sugar and raises your blood sugar.  Also, nausea and vomiting can mean that your liver is stressed, and lemon helps support the liver.

I read a morning sickness book once, and it said that if you feel like you want to eat a certain thing, you should because there is a good chance it could make you feel better. I gained between 40-60 pounds with each pregnancy.

• Like 5

So if you are into solving mysteries, feel free to tackle the Mystery of the Fruit Fly Swarm in My Bathroom.

I have a funnel trap going which works quite well (mason jar, vinegar, banana peels, topped with a paper funnel) but they just keep coming. I have put tape "traps" over the sink and bathtub drains and looked/cleaned everything in the vicinity that may harbor attractants, but I am stumped. They seem to like the mirror best. 'Course, it could be narcissism.

Stupid red-eyed buggers.

• Like 2

So if you are into solving mysteries, feel free to tackle the Mystery of the Fruit Fly Swarm in My Bathroom.

I have a funnel trap going which works quite well (mason jar, vinegar, banana peels, topped with a paper funnel) but they just keep coming. I have put tape "traps" over the sink and bathtub drains and looked/cleaned everything in the vicinity that may harbor attractants, but I am stumped. They seem to like the mirror best. 'Course, it could be narcissism.

Stupid red-eyed buggers.

You are very resourceful.  And smart. 

Narcissistic Gnats.  Has a nice ring. 

• Like 4