Menu

Ignore this thread!

Morning.  I'm having a nice relaxing morning for a change.   Monday I left myself a mess so had to go in to work early to clean it up.  Tuesdays are always crazy because dh has to drop me off so ds can have the car for school.   But today I can relax.

I've started doing yoga in the morning again.  I've also been eating very carefully after having stomach cramps and pains for a couple weeks.  Ranging from mild but annoying to extremely painful.    Evidently I have to accept that there are certain things I just can't eat anymore.  

On the bright side, I've lost another 5 pounds, which means I'm down 15 pounds from where I started late last year.  Hopefully I can keep it up.

ETA:  A booya!   I didn't think it was even close to the booya so I didn't think to check.  

Edited by Wheres Toto
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Replies 216.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Dd has homeschool prom this weekend.   This is big for her because she has social anxiety but she's wants to try new things.  4H camp ended up going very badly so I'm really hoping she gets a win with this.   She has friends from class that she will be meeting up with there, and we got a room for the night in the hotel the prom is being held since it's about 2 hours away and goes until 10pm.   This way she can also take a break in the room if she needs it or just come up if she's had enough.  Before asking to go, she had made sure we could pick her up if she wanted to leave.  

It's down the shore so dh may set up a fishing trip Saturday or Sunday and dd and I can go to the boardwalk or a local aquarium, if the weather cooperates.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Good morning!

Today is National Banana Day - Everybody go Bananas!!   
🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌

I left early to bring Little Pup to the vet.  He is getting fixed today.   I would really like people to stop adding things to my schedule.  

I am wondering if Sir Pups-a-lot has pink eye.  His eyes have been unusually goopy the last few days.  Sigh.  I should probably have him checked out.

Coffee!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌

I left early to bring Little Pup to the vet.  He is getting fixed today.   I would really like people to stop adding things to my schedule.  

I am wondering if Sir Pups-a-lot has pink eye.  His eyes have been unusually goopy the last few days.  Sigh.  I should probably have him checked out.

Coffee!

Aren't you so glad we talked you into getting a dog? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌

No. I am not telling my kids or they will run around mispronouncing banana ala Minion style for the rest of the day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I bought textbooks on Abebooks early yesterday and got an email showing my order was received. The email from Abebooks also states I should get an email from the seller confirming the order. That hasn't happened yet. Does anyone know how long this typically takes? I also ordered a used textbook from Amazon directly after I placed the Abebooks order and my Amazon order has already been shipped! I get anxious about ordering used books of any kind simply because everyone's version of "very good condition" is different, but these textbooks are out of print so buying new is not an option.

14 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

I bought textbooks on Abebooks early yesterday and got an email showing my order was received. The email from Abebooks also states I should get an email from the seller confirming the order. That hasn't happened yet. Does anyone know how long this typically takes? I also ordered a used textbook from Amazon directly after I placed the Abebooks order and my Amazon order has already been shipped! I get anxious about ordering used books of any kind simply because everyone's version of "very good condition" is different, but these textbooks are out of print so buying new is not an option.

A few days.

Every used workbook I've ever bought from Amazon was completely filled in. After my last return they refused a refund stating I must have switched them because it wasn't filled in before. Good luck. 

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, Slache said:

A few days.

Every used workbook I've ever bought from Amazon was completely filled in.... Good luck. 

I've had that experience with a workbook before and haven't ordered any previously owned workbook since.

I'm not worried about the used textbook I ordered from Amazon because I know their return process and have no problem using it if needed. My concern is the 2 textbooks I ordered through Abebooks because I've never bought books through them before and don't know what to expect. 

I'm praying that all three textbooks arrive in the condition described or better. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

I've had that experience with a workbook before and haven't ordered any previously owned workbook since.

I'm not worried about the used textbook I ordered from Amazon because I know their return process and have no problem using it if needed. My concern is the 2 textbooks I ordered through Abebooks because I've never bought books through them before and don't know what to expect. 

I'm praying that all three textbooks arrive in the condition described or better. 

Abe is very hit and miss.

• Sad 1

73349 and SFORK, SINGING FORCEFULLY, WITH MEANINGFUL LOOKS IN THE DIRECTION OF THE MAILBOX🎵  SOON may the PACKAGES come....  🎵

Edited by 73349
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Um, I just bought a 'like new' teachers manual on eBay that matches one of the textbooks I'm waiting on from Abebooks. I wasn't actually planning on buying TMs, but at the price I got it for, I couldn't resist.

I might need an intervention. Who else buys all the highschool math texts before their oldest has finished 7th grade? Me!

Edited by Servant4Christ
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Um, I just bought a 'like new' teachers manual on eBay that matches one of the textbooks I'm waiting on from Abebooks. I wasn't actually planning on buying TMs, but at the price I got it for, I couldn't resist.

I might need an intervention. Who else buys all the highschool math texts before their oldest has finished 7th grade? Me!

No. Nope. Never done that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Servant4Christ said:

Your Honor, I'd like to enter into evidence these screenshots showing high school math texts for sale on multiple websites as of today. Since they are still available, my client clearly did not "buy all the high school math texts." We agree that no reasonable person would do that, if only for lack of warehouse space. She may have prudently obtained in advance a few items for household use for a child who is already in secondary school, but did so in a lawful manner and with appropriate restraint.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, 73349 said:

Your Honor, I'd like to enter into evidence these screenshots showing high school math texts for sale on multiple websites as of today. Since they are still available, my client clearly did not "buy all the high school math texts." We agree that no reasonable person would do that, if only for lack of warehouse space. She may have prudently obtained in advance a few items for household use for a child who is already in secondary school, but did so in a lawful manner and with appropriate restraint.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2

In all fairness, I've researched highschool math texts for years so I know exactly which textbooks (right down to the exact editions) I want. I don't want to pay an even more inflated price 2-3 years down the road for textbooks in worse condition. I also plan to use these for three children. Oldest will just happen to use them first. I am not going outside of my annual curriculum budget because any year that I have room left in my budget, I buy for future schoolyears. I do this with the hope of keeping the same annual budget even as my younger children begin school and Oldest begins highschool. I purchase mostly non-consumables for the same reason.

Edited by Servant4Christ
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

In all fairness, I've researched highschool math texts for years so I know exactly which textbooks (right down to the exact editions) I want. I don't want to pay an even more inflated price 2-3 years down the road for textbooks in worse condition. I also plan to use these for three children. Oldest will just happen to use them first. I am not going outside of my annual curriculum budget because any year that I have room left in my budget, I buy forward into the following schoolyear. I do this with the hope of keeping the same annual budget even as I have more kids to teach and curriculum prices increase. I purchase mostly non-consumables for the same reason.

I almost bought all of Saxon because they keep changing it, but decided to outsource. This was in like 4th grade.

• Like 3

On 4/13/2024 at 11:10 AM, Susan in TN said:

My brother developed an allergy to egg yolks a few years ago.

I did an elimination diet several years ago, and eggs were fine for me. But recently, they have started giving me reflux. What the actual heck.

• Sad 2

Little Pup is back home and napping in his Cone of Shame.  Big Pup whined most of the morning when I came back to the house without him, but has now settled down.

Did I tell you all that I found a signed copy of a Judy Blume book (In the Unlikely Event) at the Half Price Bookstore in Waco?  5 bucks.  I haven't read it yet.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This is so sad. He's a little reject. Apparently there were several and they all got taken, but no one wanted him because he was so ugly, so they were going to take him to the pound. My sweet oldest DD with the soft heart rescued him.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Little Pup is eating scrambled egg for dinner.  We removed the Cone of Shame and put on the T-Shirt Diaper.  It's just easier to deal with but still prevents him from messing with his incision area.

Ds28 said they are planning to hold a Spreadsheet Tag Tournament in honor of his upcoming departure from the company.  Ds invented the game a couple years ago, but has updated it to include a viewing room.

• Like 4

There was a video in my Facebook feed a while ago about a person who found an abandoned kitten in the snow. It was so little and so sweet. It was a few weeks before they realized it was a Bob cat. Krissi, make sure it's not a Bob cat.

They did keep the Bob cat. At that point you're kinda stuck. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Good afternoon!

whew busy morning.  I was up at 3:30 this morning dealing with Little Pup who got his t-shirt diaper off and then checked the coffee pot which was being cleaned with a tablet thing and checked on the oven which had finished it's self-cleaning cycle.  Then tried to get back to sleep without much success.  

I dozed off a bit after breakfast and then had to drive ds19 to work and then the girls to a coffee shop a couple towns over to meet with friends from their Spanish class.  While they were there, I stopped by AutoZone to get some motor oil for the van and new windshield wipers which the guy so kindly put on for me.  Then Aldi and pick up girls then get gas (it was 62 cents cheaper per gallon than near my house) and then to pick up ds from work and now finally home eating leftover taco salad and dealing with an unexpected esophageal spasm. It seems to have been triggered by the red onion in the salad.

More Coffee!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Kitten should be named Homey. Because everyone else thought he was so homely that you just had to bring him homey. 

I don't think he's ugly at all, btw. I think he's adorable.

Look at that pink nose!  🩷

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The best news I've gotten all week - maybe all month, is that the tutorial now has room for dd17 in the marine biology class which was full when I tried to register her a couple months ago.  It was the one class she really wanted to take but I had to prioritize dd15's required classes so by the time I got to marine biology (like maybe 45 seconds from when I started) it was full.  Yay for fish!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Servant4Christ said:

Kitten should be named Homey. Because everyone else thought he was so homely that you just had to bring him homey. 

I don't think he's ugly at all, btw. I think he's adorable.

I love that. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

The Foerster Algebra texts just went out of print and jury's out on if/when another publisher will be picking them up, so I panic purchased. That's a thing, right? I also bought Jurgensen Geometry.

Good idea. I support that decision.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, KrissiK said:

This is so sad. He's a little reject. Apparently there were several and they all got taken, but no one wanted him because he was so ugly, so they were going to take him to the pound. My sweet oldest DD with the soft heart rescued him.

7 hours ago, KrissiK said:

She's not a bobcat. 🤣 She's small, but not as small as Screech. We're trying to teach her to drink from a bottle, but she misses her mom.

de741927-c133-4163-96fe-406bd13d08a8.jpg

I'm confused. Is Homey a male or female? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1