• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Apparently it has been two years since my last haircut. I got a bit of a scolding for not coming in more often. “You look so much better with your hair cut. So much younger!”  

I don’t think that I tipped her quite enough. Not on purpose. Just bad math skills even though I was trying to estimate on the higher side. 

• Like 5

Ever since moving to Texas we've been playing this really fun game where our old internet company sends a box for us to return our router except that they send it to our old address. After they complain that it was sent back empty I tell them they sent it to the wrong address and then they send it out again... To the wrong address... Okay. Now we're in collections. They have sent four boxes to our old address. We give them our new address each time and they send it to the old one. This is pretty much how every interaction we've ever had with them has gone so we can't say we're particularly surprised.

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, Slache said:

Ever since moving to Texas we've been playing this really fun game where our old internet company sends a box for us to return our router except that they send it to our old address. After they complain that it was sent back empty I tell them they sent it to the wrong address and then they send it out again... To the wrong address... Okay. Now we're in collections. They have sent four boxes to our old address. We give them our new address each time and they send it to the old one. This is pretty much how every interaction we've ever had with them has gone so we can't say we're particularly surprised.

Sounds like they need a good talking to.  Plus laser glare, bazooka, duct tape, and flame thrower.

• Like 4

I am making up a freezer dinner list for fall.  I am trying to incorporate more vegetarian meals for the rare occasions that dd20 is home so I don't get in a dinner panic.  So far I have vegetarian shepherd's pie, portabella tikka masala, coconut curry sweet potato stew, baked cheese ravioli, and tomato bisque.  

I think the weather reporters are really in need of some excitement, because they were announcing this morning that we should all be "weather aware" today.  I.E. There's nothing going on but we see a couple clouds and it might rain later.  :rolleyes:

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I am making up a freezer dinner list for fall.  I am trying to incorporate more vegetarian meals for the rare occasions that dd20 is home so I don't get in a dinner panic.  So far I have vegetarian shepherd's pie, portabella tikka masala, coconut curry sweet potato stew, baked cheese ravioli, and tomato bisque.  

I think the weather reporters are really in need of some excitement, because they were announcing this morning that we should all be "weather aware" today.  I.E. There's nothing going on but we see a couple clouds and it might rain later.  :rolleyes:

But you sound very weather aware nonetheless. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Our coffee maker melted the counter.

50 minutes ago, Paradox5 said:

Buy some liquid Terro ant bait and place where you see them. You can find it at Lowe’s or Home Depot. The ants will come eat it, take it back to the nest and DIE!! It’s our trick for Texas ants. Works like a charm plus you get the added benefit of a Science lesson of observing how eager and active they are!

We did. We already had some.

• Sad 2

Good Morning.   I feel tired and drained the past few days.  Combination of too many days out in the heat and my asthma/allergies acting up, I think.  I have lots of home chores so I am slowly working on those and starting to work on Fall plans.  

I have a workshop tomorrow, just one kid again.  Then I'm doing a workshop Thursday for someone who won a free workshop at a Tricky Tray or somewhere (I've donated 2 or 3).   Robotics, only 2 hours so no big deal.   For next year, on the advice of a friend, I'm making my workshops 3 hours instead of 2 hours.  I'll schedule two Saturdays and one Friday a month, plus a Friday kids night out.  Registration deadline 48 hours in advance.    I'm trying to come up with monthly themes - like "Save the World" for the month I do Zombies and CSI, or "Let's Pretend" for Wizard and Pokemon Zoology.    I'm going to have to google some ideas since I feel brain dead.  

Today I have to run to the bank and to the library to finally return a book I finished reading a month ago.   Other than that, dd has TKD tonight but nothing else scheduled.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Start with breakfast. 

I made an egg/bacon/cheese sandwich on a hamburger bun with green chile.

I need to call the library to set up a time for the homeschool annual book/curriculum swap. But, they don't open for another 40 minutes. Gymnast wants to pick apricots now since the sun is hiding. We have apricot plans. So, we'll do that as soon as this episode of MLP in Mandarin is done.

• Like 3

So. . . I was hoping that the new bucket system for the a/c would solve all of the world's problems.  But as I had secretly suspected, but hadn't wanted to put into words in case it jinxed things, the stupid a/c is leaking from somewhere else on the bottom.  Good thing I still insisted on leaving the rubber mat under it.   So back to the towel method of clean up. 

• Sad 3

4 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Where's mom?

Who me?  I thought you were the mom!  

3 hours ago, Junie said:

Good Morning!

Happy Tuesday!!

Dh is teleworking because we only have one vehicle and I have a doctor's appointment.  We should find out today or tomorrow what's going on with our car.  😞

Hope you got (get) the least bad news about your car!  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Another Lynn said:

Does anyone know if I ordered CLE Math 600 for youngest yet?  🙄😂😜🤣

What was funny was that they admitted that they don't necessarily notice such changes about their own Significant Others/ Family Members.  So maybe it's because my relationship with them is rather dependent on them recognizing me when I come in and taking my order? 

Oops.  I could have sworn that I quoted your post about Starbucks. . .   as far as your math program goes, I have no idea.  I take those Edpo warnings seriously and always look away. 

Edited by Jean in Newcastle
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3