Menu

Ignore this thread!

I just ordered time release melatonin because Jean told me to. She's really bossy. My new fun trick of waking up at 5:30 am has continued. This morning I was overachieving, and it was 4:30 am. I went back to sleep, but then we had to get up for church. I was sleeping good, too. This does not help my migraines or anything else so it needs to go away.

Little dd is making noise about sleeping in her own room tonight. I don't think it will happen, but at least she is trying it on.

Jann graded ds14's test in 45 minutes and sent the grade back with corrections and also gave his semester grade. Love that woman. Just in time for Geometry to start!

I know this doesn't help you any, but I wish I was waking up at 5:30. I have the opposite problem in which no matter when I go to sleep, I am up for 2-3 HOURS before I drift off. It is the MOST ANNOYING thing in the world. And I really need the sleep. It is all due to my lovely health stuff. I would just like the time flipped because I really like the morning :crying:

I do understand though and Tex gets a :grouphug:

• Like 5

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Lol, I am often too irritated to post, as you can see by my low post count lol. I have actually been on these boards for years and years, but I guess I am just very picky about who I talk to:-) I suppose that is why I like being here with you fine people. (Paraphrasing Leo in Titanic :lol:)

My post count has increased rapidly since I've found this thread!!! I don't jump into other threads too much, either. The Exercise Thread is pretty safe.  :D

• Like 5

We had our first day of real school today. I wanted to wait a year, but he just really needed it. Bible, phonogram review, copywork, Miquon, BTS, Augsburg's Drawing, Spanish. It took nearly 45 minutes so I think I'll rotate BTS and Miquon. Not that he minded. He sat at the table for 20 minutes waiting for me to start while I did housework.

• Like 10

I have made slow cooker enchiladas for the first time for dinner tonight. I got it all together and then it dawned on me that dh probably can't eat it because of the enchilada sauce (red peppers), and ds10 probably shouldn't eat it because of the throwing up last night.

Fortunately I have leftover chicken patties from lunch. Woohoo.

Brilliant brilliant brilliant.

(You all aren't annoying. Just practicing.)

• Like 6

Tex, I "liked" that you found the time release melatonin, but I don't like that you still woke up at 5:30!  I don't like walking in the dark either because bats. 

Jean, hope you're pain is getting better.

Ikslo!  Missed you! 

Susan, so sorry about ds's throwing up.  Your enchiladas sound yummy! 

We had beef stroganoff for supper.

Heather, hope you're feeling better too!

Renai - you finished homework, you slept, you worked, you conquered the world, right?  How did dancer do at home today?

Slache - Happy First Day of Real School.  Sounds lovely.  What a sweetie he is!

• Like 7

Tex, I "liked" that you found the time release melatonin, but I don't like that you still woke up at 5:30!  I don't like walking in the dark either because bats. 

Jean, hope you're pain is getting better.

Ikslo!  Missed you! 

Susan, so sorry about ds's throwing up.  Your enchiladas sound yummy! 

We had beef stroganoff for supper.

Heather, hope you're feeling better too!

Renai - you finished homework, you slept, you worked, you conquered the world, right?  How did dancer do at home today?

Slache - Happy First Day of Real School.  Sounds lovely.  What a sweetie he is!

I finished the first homework, not the second. Got to bed at 12:30. Woke up tired. Still tired.

The laptop decided to freeze up so dancer had to restart it and she doesn't have the password. So, she did other stuff on the list. Except the kitchen (leftover from last night) and eat. There's probably other things she didn't do (oh, like English grammar because she couldn't find the book that's RIGHT THERE), but I'm too tired to figure it out right now.

• Like 3

I know this doesn't help you any, but I wish I was waking up at 5:30. I have the opposite problem in which no matter when I go to sleep, I am up for 2-3 HOURS before I drift off. It is the MOST ANNOYING thing in the world. And I really need the sleep. It is all due to my lovely health stuff. I would just like the time flipped because I really like the morning :crying:

I do understand though and Tex gets a :grouphug:

I used to have all three types of insomnia. At the same time. Now I only have two.

• Like 1

I have to laugh at how different my kids are when sick. One is cuddly and cute and sweet. I could lie down all day with him when he is sick. The other is distracted and irritable and twitchy. He has interrupted me no less than 30 times today. It goes something like this. Boy comes into room, flops down, "hey mom." "What do you need, bud?" "I don't know. (Pause.) a hug." So I move whatever I am working on an rearrange so he can tuck in. He does for about 1 min. Gets all comfortable. Then, up he goes. "See ya later, mom." This is no biggie once or twice, but that 30 number is no exaggeration. It is ridiculous and irritating and adorable all at the same time.

Y'all are very south of the border tonight. I did brats. And burned them. Have I mentioned my cooking skills are less than stellar? :leaving:

• Like 4

I'm having leftovers, because I need to clear the refrigerator space for more cooking. Went up to visit MIL. She's doing great with the physical therapy, but she won't eat. I offered to smuggle her in some homemade rice pudding and she sounded interested. :D

Dh's new living room light is seizing.  You'd better not come here, Tex.  You'd get a migraine.  

The one he was so proud of?

• Like 7

I'm having leftovers, because I need to clear the refrigerator space for more cooking. Went up to visit MIL. She's doing great with the physical therapy, but she won't eat. I offered to smuggle her in some homemade rice pudding and she sounded interested. :D

The one he was so proud of?

Smuggled homemade rice pudding sounds interesting and potentially messy!

Yes, the one he was so proud of.  He's now laughing about it.  I have no idea if he'll do anything about it or not.  It only seizes if you put the dimmer on full power.  

• Like 7

We took homemade chicken soup into the hospital for my Mom because of nausea.  I say take it! 

• Like 7

Hi, everyone.  I'm so glad to see the thread going just as strong as ever.  Sorry I've been gone so long -- things got insane here, and the latest was DD11 fracturing her elbow.  We had a cast put on it today.

The girls and I are joining my nephew's class field trip tomorrow (he asked me to drive him), so insanity of a funner sort continues.  I hope to get back to the thread more after the field trip tomorrow.

I hope everyone is doing fine.  Hugs for everyone, just because!

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

• Like 10

Give us a chance to fix the problem!  

Well, okay.  I'm tied up right now anyway and am not able to drive from Texas to Newcastle so he has some time.

We have a bathroom lightbulb that is strobing.  I keep thinking it is going to die.  It fell to the bottom of my "to do" list.  I had to replace the fridge light the other day, and that was more trouble than it sounds like.

• Like 5

Hi, everyone.  I'm so glad to see the thread going just as strong as ever.  Sorry I've been gone so long -- things got insane here, and the latest was DD11 fracturing her elbow.  We had a cast put on it today.

The girls and I are joining my nephew's class field trip tomorrow (he asked me to drive him), so insanity of a funner sort continues.  I hope to get back to the thread more after the field trip tomorrow.

AMJ!!!

That is terrible about the fractured elbow.  (((hugs)))

• Like 5

I just returned from watching a play at the local theatre. I have to admit that the language made me feel really uncomfortable. Most of the play was the dialogue between a young adult grandson and his elderly grandmother. He sweared a good deal, then he sweared at the grandmother. Not cool, even though it was theatre, but with live actors it just felt more harsh than TV or movies, ya know?  I actually left at intermission.  :leaving:        What's really strange is that it was a tennis lady friend of mine who picked and directed this play. She's such a lovely lady. Maybe I'm just too sensitive. I just cannot imagine swearing at a sweet, elderly relative.

• Like 2

I just returned from watching a play at the local theatre. I have to admit that the language made me feel really uncomfortable. Most of the play was the dialogue between a young adult grandson and his elderly grandmother. He sweared a good deal, then he sweared at the grandmother. Not cool, even though it was theatre, but with live actors it just felt more harsh than TV or movies, ya know?  I actually left at intermission.  :leaving:   

I recently took the kids to support a local high school friend in her play, and it had several sexual references/bad language.  I took little dd!  I did not expect that.  In my time, we did "The Music Man" and "Oklahoma!"

• Like 4

I recently took the kids to support a local high school friend in her play, and it had several sexual references/bad language.  I took little dd!  I did not expect that.  In my time, we did "The Music Man" and "Oklahoma!"

I know what you mean. I went to see RENT at the local community theatre with my mil. I had no idea what the musical was about beforehand, and neither did she. We both ended up enjoying it and the music, but it was a surprise - especially when we were expecting something a little more a more Disneyesque, happy theme. ;)

• Like 3

Well, okay.  I'm tied up right now anyway and am not able to drive from Texas to Newcastle so he has some time.

We have a bathroom lightbulb that is strobing.  I keep thinking it is going to die.  It fell to the bottom of my "to do" list.  I had to replace the fridge light the other day, and that was more trouble than it sounds like.

Now that we've started school, everything is more trouble than it sounds like. 

Dh thinks the flashing has something to do with the LED in the light.  Apparently it is more high tech than your old-fashioned light.  He was saying that everyone thought that he would electrocute himself and he's fine.  I said that I was afraid that he would burn down the house and the jury is still out on that.  He agreed that was the case.   :lol:  :lol:

• Like 4

I was just wondering where you had gone off to...

:grouphug:  to your dd.  it sounds painful.

• Like 5

So DS read three chapters in his book instead of 2, and when I pointed it out, he suggested he just forgo the rest of his schoolwork and ...continue reading.  Maybe even finish it.

I said that sounded good to me.  But only after I hemmed and hawed a little.

I'm smiling on the inside so he doesn't see me.

• Like 9

I'm on a 3-way call. I just have no interest in what they are saying. Blah blah blah.

You all are much more interesting!

You should just start reading ITT posts out loud over the phone occasionally and see if they even notice.  You can start with "Bats!"  I bet they would be just a bewildered as we are.

• Like 7

We were talking about ways to reach out to the community at church and I suggested a prison ministry. Everybody froze and slowly turned around and looked at me. Apparently it was not a good suggestion.

Weird. Our church has a prison ministry, plus another women's prison ministry is nearby. Can't imagine frowning upon that suggestion!

• Like 4

No. I need someone to tell me how to teach the first 5 pages of Miquon because someone spent the money I had saved to download the annotations this week. And fix the dishes that were broken because unloading the dishwasher is hard. And explain to me why crossing something off of a list when you decide that you don't want to do it is acceptable. And retrain my husband to take the trash out!

LOL! I just saw this, Slache. Now I'm REALLY glad I sent you all the details on Miquon. :-). Hope all has smoothed over with Matt. And hope Miquon was fun.

ETA: Renai beat me to it???? Argh! Hair flip. <grin>

• Like 5

You should just start reading ITT posts out loud over the phone occasionally and see if they even notice. You can start with "Bats!" I bet they would be just a bewildered as we are.

I was trying to work in some BBC corporate-speak, but it wasn't easy with an Australian on the line. She kept beating me to it.

I will definitely work in "bats!" next time.

• Like 6

LOL! I just saw this, Slache. Now I'm REALLY glad I sent you all the details on Miquon. :-). Hope all has smoothed over with Matt. And hope Miquon was fun.

ETA: Renai beat me to it???? Argh! Hair flip. <grin>

You gave me more than her. Your stuff will get me through the week. Spanks. :)

Eta: And Matt's out of the woods and Miquon was dissapointingly easy, but it was day one so...

• Like 4