Menu

Ignore this thread!

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

(Shhhhh...don't look now, but there is a snowflake sitting next to Tuesday.)

NO!  Lalalalala, I can't hear you.

I  checked our forecast, no snow but heavy rains when the temps are barely going to be above freezing (like 36 degrees) so that's actually worse in my opinion.  Lots of black ice.  Ugh.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

32 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

Morning! NaNo has me writing almost continuously right now. I should pass 30K today. Still querying. Less depressed with the clouds and cool weather. In fact, I almost feel good enough to think about planning the winter term and planning a garden for next year.

?

27 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Critter, you checked in. I was just thinking about you and wondering how you were feeling and there you are and feeling better. Yay!!

Me too!  Probably because I was adding your snow poem to the archives. I believe you have contributed the most weather-related poetry.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

NO!  Lalalalala, I can't hear you.

I  checked our forecast, no snow but heavy rains when the temps are barely going to be above freezing (like 36 degrees) so that's actually worse in my opinion.  Lots of black ice.  Ugh.

:goes to check weather again:

brb

• Haha 1

Good Friday morning!  I tutor today. I am a bit nervous about it. I am always nervous the first time I do something. I will do some placement testing in phonics. And she’s supposed to bring some things to read at her level. But I am a bit worried that I won’t have enough to fill up an hour. And I am worried that she will be bored. 

• Like 2

The other day at the library I was working on my message for the women’s ministry tomorrow. A tutor and her tutee were sitting behind me. The boy obviously didn’t like his tutor and I agreed (silently) with him!  She was annoying me so much because she was asking him random things in spelling and was doing nothing to actually break it down for him so that he could learn from the experience. I have high standards in teaching. I was so relieved when I had to leave!

Edited by Jean in Newcastle
Spelling
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

The other day at the library I was working on my message for the women’s ministry tomorrow. A tutor and her tutee were sitting behind me. The boy obviously didn’t like his tutor and I agreed (silently) with him!  She was annoying me so much because she was asking him random things in spelling and was doing nothing to actually break it down for him so that he could learn from the experience. I have high standards in teaching. I was so relieved when I had to leave!

This is why you will be a good tutor!

• Like 3

EdPo:

1) verse quiz - done

2) missionary book reading- done (we’re reading about John Flynn in one of those YWAM books. It’s not as interesting as some, but we’ll finish eventually)

3) spelling test - done

4) we will soon commence our writing lesson about our favorite zoo animal. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

EdPo:

1) verse quiz - done

2) missionary book reading- done (we’re reading about John Flynn in one of those YWAM books. It’s not as interesting as some, but we’ll finish eventually)

3) spelling test - done

4) we will soon commence our writing lesson about our favorite zoo animal. 

I like elephants.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Quick survey:

Are you familiar with and/or do you think you have ever heard this song before in any style or arrangement?

(85yo MIL, a lifelong church pianist/organist, has been asked to play it at a funeral and is sure she has never heard it before in her life.  And since music is generally one of the last things to leave your brain, I don't think we can assume it's old age.  She tried to play her arrangement over the phone to dh and she had absolutely no clue how it was supposed to go.  Dh nearly fell over laughing.  :laugh:)

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

I am going to pull my hair out. We are doing the research paper Light Unit and we just went over looking in an encyclopedia, I showed them all the examples, we talked about everything, and the kids are using an old World Book encyclopedia which is as user friendly as they come and all I get is.... “I don’t know what to do!”

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Quick survey:

Are you familiar with and/or do you think you have ever heard this song before in any style or arrangement?

(85yo MIL, a lifelong church pianist/organist, has been asked to play it at a funeral and is sure she has never heard it before in her life.  And since music is generally one of the last things to leave your brain, I don't think we can assume it's old age.  She tried to play her arrangement over the phone to dh and she had absolutely no clue how it was supposed to go.  Dh nearly fell over laughing.  :laugh:)

Yes, I have heard it at every single wedding I have ever been to.

i still love it, as overused as it is.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

How many days til St. Helens?

Eight. We leave Friday, climb Saturday and you should hear about my coma by Monday at the latest.

19 days of Whole30
40 days of steps

8 days until MSH
111 days until Texas
294 days until the wedding
495 days until we could get rid of our phones

477 days until our car goal (986 until final payment)
842 days until our debt goal (1315 until final payment)
1207 days until our home goal

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

Quick survey:

Yes, I know it very well. 

• Like 2

I just got off the phone with my mom. The Camp Fire, which started yesterday and has already burned more than 70,000 acres and is 5% contained has destroyed the town of Paradise where her cousin lives. They are in their 80’s and got out with a few belongings and their pets. My brother and wife and daughter live in the next town and they are pretty certain their home is gone. They evacuated yesterday with a few belongings and their pets. I just don’t know what to do. I thought about calling the hotel where they live and offering to pay for a night or two. 

And this is a California is Burning Again Booya/h.?

Edited by KrissiK
  • Sad 7

On 11/4/2018 at 8:46 AM, Another Lynn said:

Susan, hope you feel better!

M25A, hope you can rest this afternoon.

Ikslo, how's everything shaping up?  

ETA:  It's a "we all need a nap" Booyah!  

It’s been a long couple of months, but things are good.  Just need to settle it.  But I need to get my FL license, and I can’t find my birth certificate, so I’m going to try to first renew my expired passport thennuse that to get the real ID.  Wish me luck.  

• Like 6

1 hour ago, ikslo said:

It’s been a long couple of months, but things are good.  Just need to settle it.  But I need to get my FL license, and I can’t find my birth certificate, so I’m going to try to first renew my expired passport thennuse that to get the real ID.  Wish me luck.  

Are you officially moved?  ?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Quick survey:

Yes, I could've named it a few notes in, and I don't play an instrument at all. (And yes, it was in my wedding.)

((Krissi's family))

((Jean and Libby))

((Anybody else who'd like a hug))

• Like 4