• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

I'm prayerfully contemplating going whole foods/high starch/vegan (again). The McDougall diet is most likely what any naturopath here would put me on because of its proven benefit to some with RA.  It's a huge lifestyle shift, though, and I don't think I could do it 100% for the rest of my life.  Vegetarian maybe, but I honestly really like butter.  I'm thinking of doing it in phases--vegetarian first, with an emphasis on veggies.

Kind of having an existential eating crisis....

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

I'm prayerfully contemplating going whole foods/high starch/vegan (again). The McDougall diet is most likely what any naturopath here would put me on because of its proven benefit to some with RA.  It's a huge lifestyle shift, though, and I don't think I could do it 100% for the rest of my life.  Vegetarian maybe, but I honestly really like butter.  I'm thinking of doing it in phases--vegetarian first, with an emphasis on veggies.

Kind of having an existential eating crisis....

Did it make you feel better when you tried it before?  

9 minutes ago, mama25angels said:

Did it make you feel better when you tried it before?  

Yes, but I also had a medication change at the same time, so I don't know how much weight to give to that.  I quit because the effort and expense was overwhelming. I would be going back to preparing two menus for each meal again. 

I do know that I need to shift back to eating a heavy % of veggies at each meal, and to cut out some of the convenience things that creeped in with the move.

Frankly, I feel tired and awful a good chunk of the time, and meals are already overwhelming. 

I think I'm going to start by just shifting breakfast and lunch for me.  The boys can spin off into making their own lunches.  I'll do that for a month to let my gut flora switch over a bit and then start doing a few vegan suppers that everyone eats for a few months, and then do another shift to where I'm on my own for some suppers.  Hopefully there will be enough improvement in my health by then that this is worthwhile and sustainable.

I think I'm going to save up for an air fryer. The no-oils part of the McDougal diet is really important on the anti-inflammatory end, but I'm losing all of the good mouth feels. I can't do soy or coconut, so all of the good mouth feels that come from those are out the window.  I can't afford to make cashew cheese or some of the other substitutes so I'm trying to find a way to still somewhat enjoy eating occasionally. 

• Like 3

It's basically just a way for people to be able to use their creativity while digging into the word.  You read the Bible and then you journal what that verse is saying to you using stencils, stamps, paint and stickers.  There are videos on YouTube about it.

Edited by mama25angels

2 minutes ago, mama25angels said:

Check out YouTube videos for how to do it, but essentially, all you do is read the Bible and then you sort of journal in pictures what the verse is saying to you.  They have journaling Bibles that have a larger margin so that people can write or draw without covering the scriptures.  It's basically just a way for people to be able to use their creativity while digging into the word.

Oh that! Yeah, no. My handwriting makes people cry.

Thanks!

• Haha 2

Baby played with a ball in a park for his nirthday. He was happy. It was pretty low key. I let him open one present, which he loved- one of those things that pops balls in the air and we already lost a ball! He can open some more presents over the next couple of days so he's not overwhelmed. 

He didn't even want his cake. Or his dinner. Baby's not really into eating much of anything that doesn't come from me. We got him a little smash cake and put it in front of him to do what he wanted. It's like the most perfectly preserved smash cake ever! It looks like maybe one or two forkfuls were taken. It looks untouched from almost every angle. The older kids went to town on their first cakes. DS (17) ate fistfuls and was a bright blue faced mess. DDs 14 had eating problems but made a heck of a mess even if they didn't swallow much. DD (11) ate all her cake and 3 whole slices of pizza on her birthday. Baby is...restrained? Particular? Mainly just uninterested. 

• Like 5

It's past my bedtime.

21 minutes ago, Paige said:

Baby played with a ball in a park for his nirthday. He was happy. It was pretty low key. I let him open one present, which he loved- one of those things that pops balls in the air and we already lost a ball! He can open some more presents over the next couple of days so he's not overwhelmed. 

He didn't even want his cake. Or his dinner. Baby's not really into eating much of anything that doesn't come from me. We got him a little smash cake and put it in front of him to do what he wanted. It's like the most perfectly preserved smash cake ever! It looks like maybe one or two forkfuls were taken. It looks untouched from almost every angle. The older kids went to town on their first cakes. DS (17) ate fistfuls and was a bright blue faced mess. DDs 14 had eating problems but made a heck of a mess even if they didn't swallow much. DD (11) ate all her cake and 3 whole slices of pizza on her birthday. Baby is...restrained? Particular? Mainly just uninterested. 

I recently went to a 1st birthday with like 50 people. I was shocked.

20 minutes ago, Paige said:

Our local radio station plays Toto's Africa way too much. 

No such thing.

• Like 2

Good morning!

Happy Nirthday open hearted dad!

Happy Nirthday Paige!

nothing much for me today, the same old boring stuff, getting dd to work because I have an appointment, getting lessons done with the boys and maybe making another Hobby Lobby run.  Angi, are you going to Urbanair today?  I think we're going to shoot for next week.

• Like 4

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!!!~D

Friday Eve!!!

Tomorrow IRL BFF and I start our Susan Branch Weekend. I am so excited. The snacks are hidden in the closet, i’m Trying to decide which outfits to take (the pressure is on, since I never get away for the weekend, I have to make it count), and find a good place to eat. San Luis Obispo is the most awesome little city. It’s a college town, it’s got a beautiful Mission built by Father Serra back in the 1700’s, the weather is perfect. I can’t hardly wait!!

Happy Nirthday, Paige!!

Happy Nirthday, Father of Openhearted!!

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Junie said:

Good Morning.

Happy Thursday!

I can feel the remnants of Hurricane Michael getting closer.  My right hand/arm/shoulder are not happy today.

I want to go back to bed.  

That hurricane seemed to have popped up out of nowhere. I remember hearing about Florence for a good week before she hit land and with Michael it’s like all the sudden there’s a hurricane coming, now he’s here!!

• Like 5