Menu

Ignore this thread!

BTW - I'm not writhing in pain or anything.  I've just started back on my cycle of ending all my days in pain.  Probably because the start of school makes things busy again.  Tex keeps trying to bundle me in a fluffy blanket to protect me from myself but I'm resisting because I have kids and they need to do school and activities and because I am tired of watching ife from my armchair instead of just getting out there and living it.  Which doesn't mean that I don't appreciate Tex's concern and her wish for me to not over-exert myself.  Love ya, Tex!  And all my ITT peeps!  

In my defense, I only want Jean to fuzzy blankie wrap for two days in a row.  She dashes all over town like a crazy person every day, and I do not approve.  Love you, too, Jean, and now I have ratted you out to our ITT friends as overexerting yourself, which everyone on this entire thread will think is no good.  ;)

• Like 9

In my defense, I only want Jean to fuzzy blankie wrap for two days in a row.  She dashes all over town like a crazy person every day, and I do not approve.  Love you, too, Jean, and now I have ratted you out to our ITT friends as overexerting yourself, which everyone on this entire thread will think is no good.   ;)

:001_wub:

• Like 3

Tex already knows that I've been going head to head over sloppy mechanic work that another mechanic had to fix.  They refunded my money but not after implying very blatently that I am lying and/or am an idiot.  I got significantly upset to yell "I am not an idiot!"  (And neither is the other mechanic who now has my business.)

• Like 5

Ds10 just came upstairs in tears because he lost his lost tooth and now the Tooth Fairy won't be able to find it under his pillow. We wrote the Tooth Fairy a heartfelt note explaining the situation and put it under his pillow. I had no idea he thinks the tooth fairy is real - we always just give a little trinket from the "misc party supply box" in the pantry and maybe a quarter. I must be a bad parent.

• Like 3

I just can't stop hugging my Mooies. She can't go! Not yet! She's only two!

I got all weepy and told ds8 that he would have to call me at bedtime to give me phone smoochies.  He smiled and muttered "good grief" in a perfect Charlie Brown voice.  

Then I got really weepy when dd6 snuck down after bedtime with an "I love mommy" picture of the two of us she'd drawn under the covers for me.  She got teary-eyed and said she'd planned on taking it with her to remind her of me, but decided to give it to me so I wouldn't forget her.

So of course now I've made each of them night-night cards that I've hidden in their bags to be opened while at Auntie Camp.   :001_wub:

They will be gone for a whopping 36 hours.  :rolleyes:

• Like 6

You are not a bad parent. !

Our son came out a few years ago so proud of his first tooth, then he put it on the table proudly to display it. Then of course it got knocked down the stairs within like 1 minute because that's the law in our house of craziness :lol:

BUT the best part was, we have wood stairs. And it went bouncing down, down, down, and then nothing. No sound.

It slipped thru the cracks near the bottom row. It took my husband over an hour to pry up the last two stairs, sift thru all the yuck under there, and find it. Then Mom washed it.

Parenting is not for the weak.

• Like 6

Ds10 just came upstairs in tears because he lost his lost tooth and now the Tooth Fairy won't be able to find it under his pillow. We wrote the Tooth Fairy a heartfelt note explaining the situation and put it under his pillow. I had no idea he thinks the tooth fairy is real - we always just give a little trinket from the "misc party supply box" in the pantry and maybe a quarter. I must be a bad parent.

No.

Bad parents are the ones who forget about it until a crying child runs in the next morning, then exclaim with an overly dramatic head slap,  "oh WAIT!  OF COURSE! It's MEMORIAL DAY!  The Tooth Fairy doesn't WORK on Memorial Day!!  Silly me."  

Those are the bad parents. :glare:   (I'm glaring at my sister here, because of course I don't do such things.)

• Like 5

Our son came out a few years ago so proud of his first tooth, then he put it on the table proudly to display it. Then of course it got knocked down the stairs within like 1 minute because that's the law in our house of craziness :lol:

BUT the best part was, we have wood stairs. And it went bouncing down, down, down, and then nothing. No sound.

It slipped thru the cracks near the bottom row. It took my husband over an hour to pry up the last two stairs, sift thru all the yuck under there, and find it. Then Mom washed it.

Well, hello, RosieCotton!  Welcome.

• Like 4

:lol:

• Like 1

Why, hello there!

• Like 1

I cut Rocky to the quick.  Blood everywhere.  He hates having his nails cut.  Now he will be even more impossible because I've caused all his worst nightmares to come true.  We corralled him enough to jab a styptic pencil at his foot and I think at least the bleeding is slowing.  Sigh.  Shampooing the carpet was NOT on my agenda for tonight.  

Our tooth fairy is a total loser. When she actually remembers that someone lost a tooth, it's a couple days later. Then she leaves a note and a quarter by their place at the table apologizing profusely for getting lost. And when a child starts to doubt her existence I tell them that if they don't believe they will stop getting $$.
  • Like 5

I stood for a long time in the frozen food aisle of our grocery store tonight looking at the chocolate cakes, eclairs and the chocolate chip molten cookies.

Well, I should send you a piece of the dessert I made for our homeschool potluck. A rich, decadent chocolate cherry bar cake with frosting made from butter, sugar, milk and a whole bag of milk chocolate chocolate chips.
  • Like 3

A full hour after I cut Rocky, he was still bleeding.  So I dipped his entire foot in cornstarch (per instructions on the internet).  That just made a mess.  So we enlisted the help of Dh RN.  He used super glue.  On the wrong spot.  But then he got it on the right one and the bleeding has finally stopped.  We have hydrogen peroxided the bloody carpet.  The spots where there was blood is now whiter than the rest of the carpet!  (My carpet is a stained mess anyway).  If I can find where dh put the mop, I will mop the blood up off of the bathroom floor.  

• Like 2

Game plan:

Thursday - 5 day juice fast begins. They leave at 9:30. I tackle the living and dinning room.

Friday - 30 minutes running, 60 minutes yoga. Kitchen, hall closet and nursery (they share a room).

Saturday - 30 minutes running, 60 minutes yoga. Bedroom and storage closet.

Sunday - Church, all day hike with the girls. :D

Monday - 30 minutes running, 60 minutes yoga. Sew 2 skirts, finish recipe binder, jewelry, cutting quilt squares.

This will be done KonMari style. I have husband's approval to toss whatever I want. I'm essentially finished, but the kids never allow me to *truly* finish anything. My. house. will. be. gorgeous.

Oh! And I require at least 2 hours a day of reading. So there!

• Like 6

:grouphug:  Jean, the bunny mom.

:grouphug:  Slache and Ducklings as their children leave for a few days.  (You'll be partying it up soon!)

I know it's rude to try to top other people's stories.  And I'm not particularly proud to do so.  But I have never once remembered to be the tooth fairy.  Ever.   :leaving: 

• Like 4

Runny nose, sore throat, both ears hurt, sneezing. I put garlic oil in the ears last night, drank tea with added fresh garlic, kept tissue by the bed, and tossed and turned all night. Gymnast woke up with a bloody nose, but it didn't last long, just as I was falling asleep around 2am.

I actually forgot a tooth one evening, and the boy showed it to me the next morning, not upset, but wondering why it had been missed. I explained that it would probably be better if he put it in a conspicuous place and/or cleaned the bathroom counter (where the teeth go for pick-up), because the tooth fairy is a near-sighted old girl and somewhat forgetful.

All true, of course. :laugh:

• Like 4