Menu

Ignore this thread!

20 minutes ago, Slache said:

Yes, but I have a family history of thyroid issues, low thyroid levels and I am made of iron. People always try to accuse me of low iron because I'm tired or what not. Nope. I am Ironwoman.

I wish I had iron. My body is trying to empty me of iron.

I captured the scary large flying insect that chased me from the swing into the house and wouldn't leave. I released him nicely but if he chases me again, I dunno...it might be the last human he chases because he's scary. 

I have no idea what he was. At first I thought bee, then wasp, then huge scary, moth, but maybe he was something altogether different.

Nobody else cared to get him out of the house and there's no way I was going to sleep with him in here! The cats tried to help but they were useless too. 

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Paige said:

I captured the scary large flying insect that chased me from the swing into the house and wouldn't leave. I released him nicely but if he chases me again, I dunno...it might be the last human he chases because he's scary. 

I have no idea what he was. At first I thought bee, then wasp, then huge scary, moth, but maybe he was something altogether different.

Nobody else cared to get him out of the house and there's no way I was going to sleep with him in here! The cats tried to help but they were useless too. 

Was it a June bug??

32 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

Fun question today: Describe yourself in three fictional characters. Me: Thorin Oakenshield, Luna Lovegood, Schmendrick the magician.

I’m thinking about your question. See, I read it, and as soon as I started thinking about it, my brain said, “fictional character? What fictional character? Have you ever read a fiction book in your life?”

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

Fun question today: Describe yourself in three fictional characters. Me: Thorin Oakenshield, Luna Lovegood, Schmendrick the magician.

2 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Xena Warrior Princess, Nancy Drew, Marmee

1 hour ago, Ellie said:

Hermione Granger, Miss Dove, Jessica Fletcher

1 hour ago, Slache said:

Belle, Anna, Eeyore. That was incredibly difficult.

Oh Wow!  Nice answers all!  

• Like 1

I think perhaps my third fictional character would be Mary Ingalls. 

And I know technically she’s not a fictional character, and i’m Not casting any aspersions on the Little House books or LIW, and I have not swum in those seas and don’t intend to..... blah, blah, blah.

• Like 3

When I think of Thorin Oakenshield I am taken back 25 years ago when I was teaching junior high and directed the school play one year, which was The Hobbit. And the girl cast as TO was just amazing. It was a very emotional time for her that spring, her dad had just left the family for a little piece down in Mexico. But that little girl (she was a 7th grader) put all her heart and soul into that part and every bit of feeling went into her character. She was amazing.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Was it a June bug??

No. It was large, mostly black, very aggressive, and had smallish for his size wings that looked kind of like a jagged screen door. I was swinging with the baby and he and a friend buzzed me, then circled me, I ran away pathetically but not screaming, and they chased me from the yard, up the stairs, onto the deck and to the door. I thought I was clear when I got inside, but one of them got in. He stayed for a few hours before I realized nobody else was going to hunt him down. 

I tried to google him but didn't see anything that was just right. I think based on other bugs and his behavior that he must be some kind of wasp. They are nasty creatures!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ellie said:

Thorin Oakenshield is a Hobbit character. Luna Lovegood is Harry Potter. I don't know the last one.

Thank you! I only got through three chapters of The Hobbit and one of the first Potter. Though, I am going to do Peace Corps again when old and at that point maybe I will read them. I got a lot read in poor areas because they would turn off the generator at night. Now with smaller chargers I think my concentration will be gone forever. I will have to go truly native or something. I am not into Fantasy much in case you can't tell...but I truly believe in the power of literature to broaden one's mind so I am filled.with determination.

• Like 1

Good Morning!

I didn't sleep well.

I want to stay home, but I will probably end up going to church.

I want to wear my brand new red pumps (I finally have the red shoes I've always wanted) but I will probably wear crocs (because my foot is bothering me).

I'm not sure if I will need my cane today.

Happy Sunday!!

• Like 3

Also, next weekend, we're driving up to Midland, Texas, with our THE board of directors, to meet with someone who's coming up from another part of the state to talk about homeschool stuff. We haven't been to Midland before.

And it's a driving-through-Texas-oh-boy booya!

#noh

• Like 5

Good morning! 

I'm off to see the river,

The wonderful river of green,

Where I can be at rest and peace,

And never a person seen,

It's not that I'm a total jerk,

It's just that I'm an introvert,

And water tends to soothe my warp-ed soul!

So that is why I have to go!

The wonderful river of green!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

There is no Sunday School today, so we will be home from church by about 9:30.  Svengo.  What will I do with all that time?  :biggrin:

Coffee!

You can watch the finals of the World Cup for me. ?? i can’t believe we made it all this way and I have to miss the finals. But I committed to subbing in a Sunday School class, so I have to go. But even if I didn’t, I don’t think I could bring myself to ditch Church for a soccer game.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

Good morning! 

The wonderful river of green,

Where I can be at rest and peace,

And never a person seen,

It's not that I'm a total jerk,

It's just that I'm an introvert,

And water tends to soothe my warp-ed soul!

So that is why I have to go!

The wonderful river of green!

Wow, that was awesome, Critter. I even got the tune!?

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Ellie said:

Mr. Ellie and I have nothing to do today after church except schlep around. It was a busy week, and we deserve to schlep, even though we took a 10 day vaca...

Vacationing and schelpping are totally unrelated. Feel free to schlep all you want, regardless of how much vacationing has been done.

• Like 4