Menu

Ignore this thread!

One more prayer request:

My uncle is having cataract surgery tomorrow.  It's a little bit trickier than usual because he has already had surgery on that eye several times.

Also, he is blind in his other eye (a childhood accident with a baseball), so vision in his good eye is critical.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Good Morning!

Took one kid to camp last night.

Taking another one this morning.

Also, a doctor's appointment and a trip to the dentist.  (Neither are for me.)

I feel like I must be forgetting something.  Hopefully it's not important.  ?

• Like 4

I still have to type up today's school schedule. Instead of being a good writer, I found a thread this morning that so incensed me, I needed to write a 500 word rant on technological discrimination. Safely tucked away where I can do no harm with it, because it may not be entirely accurate and was motivated entirely by an emotional response.

Now I'm going to get my dusty old books and come up with a good week's school work, compose myself, and get back to work!

ETA: NOT a thread here!

• Like 4

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Monday!!??? (sorry, Ellie!)

Oldest DD is at camp this week.

DH is quitting his job today. He took a new one, which is a farther commute and a lateral move financially, but it seems like it will suit his skill set much better and be much less stressful.

it’s supposed to be hot again. Which is not unusual. It’s summer in the Central Valley of California. 

Ellie, you must disclose details regarding your meet-up. 

• Like 8

Coffee! 

I slept in.

There's lots of rambunctiousness next door which I hope means it's all over. It's early enough they could have all of the medical equipment picked up and the girls could be home for dinner. All they do is walk around all day crying but they don't feel like they can leave.

I think my Bible is in the car.

Matt thought he paid rent but didn't so he's going to stop by the office and offer sacrifices to the apartment gods in hopes of avoiding fees. He has the website in his browsing history but no confirmation email. Twice this has happened and it was a system error so we're hoping that's what it is.

• Like 7

I've got one kid on a weeklong mission trip, and one who's doing VBS 8:30-noon, and 2 of my regular tutoring students are on vacation... so this feels like the closest thing to a vacation I will have this summer. Yay! I'm sitting in the kitchen sipping chai, and adding activities to next year's Skedtrack, and it's sunny and peaceful ?? 

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, egao_gakari said:

I've got one kid on a weeklong mission trip, and one who's doing VBS 8:30-noon, and 2 of my regular tutoring students are on vacation... so this feels like the closest thing to a vacation I will have this summer. Yay! I'm sitting in the kitchen sipping chai, and adding activities to next year's Skedtrack, and it's sunny and peaceful ?? 

Good Morning, E.G. Welcome to ITT!! Sounds like you’ve got a peaceful time going on!!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, KrissiK said:

Good Morning, E.G. Welcome to ITT!! Sounds like you’ve got a peaceful time going on!!

Thanks ? I have seen this thread for years, never really understood its purpose, but figured I'd try posting something and see if anybody noticed I'm not a regular poster. Haha! Can't slip anything by you guys ?

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

((Slashie)) and ((Slashie’s neighbor’s family)). I don’t mean this in a snarky or disrespectful way at all, but I imagine death can be so awkward for those left. What do you do? How do you grieve?? I can imagine it must be so hard.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, egao_gakari said:

Thanks ? I have seen this thread for years, never really understood its purpose, but figured I'd try posting something and see if anybody noticed I'm not a regular poster. Haha! Can't slip anything by you guys ?

Of course you can post here!! There are a regular group of posters, and we generally check-in when we can, there’s no real rules, except we tend to stay away from controversy, oh, and no dying. Lots of fun, laughs, sympathy when you need it. Kind of like an on-line COFFEE ~D club of BFFs who are there when you need them.

• Like 8

She's gone and her daughters just left. I will tell the kids tonight when Matt gets home. They were just going on about how she's their favorite neighbor and they're so glad her family has been home all this week to celebrate the fact that she's home from the hospital.

29 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

((Slashie)) and ((Slashie’s neighbor’s family)). I don’t mean this in a snarky or disrespectful way at all, but I imagine death can be so awkward for those left. What do you do? How do you grieve?? I can imagine it must be so hard.

According to the beginning of Genesis death is not a natural thing. I don't believe it is something we are truly equipped to deal with which is why we all handle it differently.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

50 minutes ago, egao_gakari said:

This thread’s purpose is to be a happy place. Sometimes it’s a goofy place. Sometimes more serious. But we always support each other. 

• Like 5

Self-Control

I found a spider in my hair,

I didn’t scream and didn’t swear,

I didn’t succumb to the strain,

Just calmly plunged it down the drain.

I found a spider on my face,

I didn’t yell, burn down the place,

My self-control’s a thing of pride,

I never squealed and never died!

I found a spider on my tush,

I didn’t feel it ‘til the squish,

Be proud of me, I didn’t dance,

Just stripped right down and burned my pants.

I found a spider in my bed,

And after all this that I’ve said,

You think I flinched? Or jumped with fright?

You bet I did! No sleep all night.

Random Musings

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

What I DON'T like about Fourth Form Latin? Questions in the workbook that have no answer in the lesson of the text book and didn't get covered on the DVD. I guess I'll hunt the teacher's manual until I find where it talks about post-positive conjunctions.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

All post-positive means is that there are certain conjunctions in Latin that just don't come first in a sentence. Usually. 

ETA: If I wasn't so spastic today I would have thought that through and not been in a state over it. 

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

Self-Control

I found a spider in my hair,

I didn’t scream and didn’t swear,

I didn’t succumb to the strain,

Just calmly plunged it down the drain.

I found a spider on my face,

I didn’t yell, burn down the place,

My self-control’s a thing of pride,

I never squealed and never died!

I found a spider on my tush,

I didn’t feel it ‘til the squish,

Be proud of me, I didn’t dance,

Just stripped right down and burned my pants.

I found a spider in my bed,

And after all this that I’ve said,

You think I flinched? Or jumped with fright?

You bet I did! No sleep all night.

Random Musings

Critter, my boy loved your poem!

• Like 3

They were wanting to go see her and pick her flowers so I told them. John cried and Mary thinks that I'm joking and kept telling John that she was coming home until I told her to stop. I guess all in all it went well.  Then I found that Alex's mouth was bleeding and it hurt too much for me to inspect so I let it go for a little while. It continued bleeding for too long so I went in and found he had eaten part of a red crayon, which I guess is better than the alternative.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Critterfixer said:

My developmental edit is supposed to be back today or tomorrow. Deep, calming breaths. The editor says I am talented and shouldn't be nervous. I'm hyperventilating. 

Here’s a paper bag, Critter!! Breathe, breathe.!! You are an amazing writer, poet, artist and all around person. You are a credit to ITT.

• Like 5

I finally finished breakfast. It was good. 2 eggs fried in buttuh, with sliced avocados and garlic infused olive oil drizzled over the top, with salt and coarse pepper. I am really trying to get back on low-carb.  

That was a THM recipe.

• Like 4