Menu

Ignore this thread!

:toetap05:  :toetap05:  :toetap05:   You are supposed to be resting and healing, NOT doing dishes and laundry.   :toetap05:  :toetap05:  :toetap05:

I just loaded one load and washed two...

DH is doing the dishes tonight and the boys will be folding.

ETA: A no-rest-for-the-mother Booyah!

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 2

Should I go to bed, or just fall asleep here on the couch?

I would fall asleep on the couch, but make sure you have brushed your teeth, washed your face and gotten into your jammies first, so if you do wake up and want to crawl into bed, you don’t have to do all that first.

Does it sound like I have experience with that?

• Like 5

I was born in St. Petersburg; we also lived in Naples. My dad went to high school in Lakeland back when that was still the deep south.

My greatest dislike of Florida is the weather. It is very hot and very, very humid. Summers are truly miserable. Then, along with the heat and humidity, you get the bugs. Lots and lots of bugs. And the outdoors has alligators and nasty poisonous snakes. I will never expunge from my memory banks the time we were fishing with Daddy in the johnboat and were attacked by a water moccasin. Scarred. For. Life.

Nowadays, there's also the whole overpopulation thing. I love the culture of the south, but Florida has lost that vibe, for the most part. Just too many da*n Yankees and not enough charm.

I miss the Gulf beaches, though. In my mind, that's what a beach should be: cottony white sand, warm water, and gentle waves. :)

So... uh....JJM, just to be clear, you’re saying you do not like Florida. Is that what I’m hearing?
  • Like 6

EdPo:

So, today DS was studying what a parody was and I was trying to explain when I got a brilliant idea. We watched Michael Jackson’s video of “Beat It†and then Weird Al Yankovich’s video “Eat Itâ€. Voila’. Parody. And now he can’t stop watching them!

• Like 12

Good morning!

🎈🎈🎈🎉 Happy birthday, dd9! 🎉🎈🎈🎈

🎈🎈🎈🎉 Happy birthday, Weapon X! 🎉🎈🎈🎈

How are you doing, Critter?

Slachey! Hey girl.

I would move to FL if I could live directly on the beach from October through April, and then move to JJM's the rest of the year. :)

We are getting birthday breakfast ready, then dd15 to tutorial, and then dd15 and ds13 to orchestra conference tonight.

Coffee!

• Like 7

Good Thursday Morning!

COFFEE!!

Happy Birthday Susan's dd!  and Weapon X!  :party:  :party:  :party:

Slache - about D'aulaire's Greek Myths....  it's been awhile since I've read it, but I think it would probably be okay for any age.  The pictures would probably help engage younger ones.  I think it can be a nice book for older kids too.  Felpful, I know.    

• Like 4

I slept better last night. Only got up to take Benedryl once instead of twice for the itching. Today I woke up hurting, but it was less pain than yesterday morning. I hope that I can get by with Tylenol and a pain med twice today instead of three times. Boys have a dentist appointment today. DH is home to take them, and between the boys and DH, they got the chores done. 

All except taking the overflowing trash outside. I've been after them three times to do it, and nobody will do it. I'm waiting to see what they do when it avalanches entirely. :D

• Like 7

DH will take me to art and drop me off for an hour or two. I've got an ice-pack in place and will take it along in case I need it. My art friends are all older women, and several of them have experience with breast surgery. I'm the youngest. It's like having a room full of moms to take care of me. :001_wub:

• Like 12

happy-birthday-banner.gif

Happy Birthday to Weapon X and Susan's DD!!!

congrats-smiley-emoticon.gif

Congrats to Tech Support!  (but, but, but...who's gonna fix Jean's computer now???) (Also, BTW, may we ask which school, for those of us with students looking at schools in that area?)

good-luck-emoticon.gif

At the new job, Angi! I am hoping that this one is replacing the others. I know someone asked, but I missed the answer.

In other news:  I'm. Still. Coughing. frown-smiley-emoticon.png

• Like 5

I just loaded one load and washed two...

DH is doing the dishes tonight and the boys will be folding.

ETA: A no-rest-for-the-mother Booyah!

:toetap05:  :toetap05:  :toetap05:   Good for what they are doing, but they can do the other bits, too.  This is life skills training and practice (necessary to cement the skills), after all.

• Like 3

Congratulations, Tech Support!!

They have a world renowned double bass teacher there. That's all I know about Arizona. :D

Well, that and "it's a dry heat".

I know residents new to the Phoenix area typically get sick within the first year or so.  It's some local thing, and until you get it you are susceptible.  

• Like 2

I was watching this while eating breakfast, and the girls, working on school work in the next room, came to see what I was watching.  This led to me replaying it, followed by a clip of Queen actually playing the song and an explanation of why they wrote it.  I told DD13 that when she goes up for her cousin's birthday this weekend she should talk to her uncle about Queen for more music appreciation.

DD16 saw in the YouTube listing Somebody to Love and wanted to know if that was the same song she was thinking of.  I played her enough to demonstrate it is, and she's now suitably impressed with Queen.  I can likely get her to listen to more on our trip to Colorado.

Now I have to finish going through some papers so I can go to Dad's new place to pay rent for February and drop off some stuff before the gusty, stormy weather hits here today.

• Like 4

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸

Thursday!!!ðŸ‘

Happy Birthday Susan’s DD and Weapon X🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘🎈🎈🎈🎉🎉🎉

Don’t over-do things, Critter!!!

Good luck on the new job, Angi!!ðŸ‘ðŸ‘💕💕

• Like 5

I hate it when someone says something that the words could be taken either way but they say it with this arrogant little smirk on their face and then afterwards they’re like, “what? I didn’t say anything!†😡

Duct tape or bazooka, darlin'?

:grouphug:

• Like 6

I heard a local doctor report on the flu epidemic (as labeled by the CDC) this season and am now thoroughly terrified. One of dh's co-workers who had a meeting in dh's office yesterday called him after work to let him know she has the flu. They both got the shot.

Everyone I know is sick, some have the flu, some have other stuff. They didn’t calculate for the right strain of the flu this year, so the shots are worthless.😩😩😩
  • Like 1

I heard a local doctor report on the flu epidemic (as labeled by the CDC) this season and am now thoroughly terrified. One of dh's co-workers who had a meeting in dh's office yesterday called him after work to let him know she has the flu. They both got the shot.

It stinks. Ask me how I know. :glare:

(One school district a couple of hours to the south of us shut down for three days because so many kids were out sick.)

• Like 2

happy-birthday-banner.gif

Happy Birthday to Weapon X and Susan's DD!!!

congrats-smiley-emoticon.gif

Congrats to Tech Support! (but, but, but...who's gonna fix Jean's computer now???) (Also, BTW, may we ask which school, for those of us with students looking at schools in that area?)

good-luck-emoticon.gif

At the new job, Angi! I am hoping that this one is replacing the others. I know someone asked, but I missed the answer.

In other news: I'm. Still. Coughing. frown-smiley-emoticon.png

Grand Canyon University. They are flying him out next month on their dime to see the school.

• Like 9

Everyone I know is sick, some have the flu, some have other stuff. They didn’t calculate for the right strain of the flu this year, so the shots are worthless.[emoji30][emoji30][emoji30]

I know that I shouldn’t contradict people on ITT but they aren’t worthless. The shots are never a 100% guarantee of not getting the flu. And it does provide you some protection as imperfect as it is.

• Like 2

I hate it when someone says something that the words could be taken either way but they say it with this arrogant little smirk on their face and then afterwards they’re like, “what? I didn’t say anything!†😡

I prefer the direct approach.  Call 'em a jack a$$ and move on.  

Dh heard something similar.  He's pushing EmergenC on all of us.  I think we should quit everything and stay home.  j/k  

I chose a bazooka of truth telling. It probably won’t go “well.†I don’t really care right now. I’m glad I’m going out tonight.

Great minds think alike.  

• Like 4

I got the flu shot for the first time in over 20 years this year. It might not keep you from getting it but it can lessen the effects. Local people who are actually dying from the flu didn’t have the shot. Others who got the shot are getting the flu but not dying. (This isn’t a hard and fast rule. People can get complications for all sorts of reasons. ).

• Like 2

I know that I shouldn’t contradict people on ITT but they aren’t worthless. The shots are never a 100% guarantee of not getting the flu. And it does provide you some protection as imperfect as it is.

Well, yes, I have heard that. Not 100% worthless. And you are not contradicting. You are providing additional information.ðŸ‘
  • Like 4

It stinks. Ask me how I know. :glare:

(One school district a couple of hours to the south of us shut down for three days because so many kids were out sick.)

I have a bunch of sickies. I don’t think it’s the flu, nobody has a fever, but a cold and the general yucks with lots of mucus.
  • Like 1

Wash hands. There are a lot of PSAs about hand washing right now. I’m also changing our hand towels daily and I think that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Washing hands is good, but the flu is airborne and the doctor said this particular virus was extremely transportable. IOW, if someone coughs or sneezes on the other side of the store or office building or church, you will likely be exposed as it travels through the ventilation system. Wear an N95 virus mask.

It's a Boo Virus Booyah!

This is the thread that never ends,

It just goes on and on my friends.

People started posting not knowing what it was,

And they will keep on posting here forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends

You'd best come join it with your friends

'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze

And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there

They'll cheer you up so don't despair

The group is growing well as more people start checking in

And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

This is the thread that never ends

It's better than a Mercedes Benz

It helps with coffee withdrawal and other troubles, too

Eighteen hundred pages of friends all cheering for you

This thread keeps going on and on

with record-setting length and fun

It started twenty-four months ago from curiosity

and all the fun and frolic has shown this is the place to be

This is the thread that never ends...

And the place where one finds special friends,

the kind that have hearts that are strong and true

Yes, ITT ladies, I am talking to you!

This is the thread that never ends....

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 4

Washing hands is good, but the flu is airborne and the doctor said this particular virus was extremely transportable. IOW, if someone coughs or sneezes on the other side of the store or office building or church, you will likely be exposed as it travels through the ventilation system. Wear an N95 virus mask.

I am so glad that my immune system is better since starting my immunotherapy. I used to have to wear a mask in public. It was embarrassing and my hot breath was a bit stifling.

• Like 6

Our friends moved to Ft Myers. They thought they would love it. They hate it. And whenever they go anywhere just for fun, like Busch Gardens, etc., it's too crowded since so many people from up north have moved there during thr winter. Their son, who is 11 and has autism, REALLY complains!

See, that's where they went wrong.  Busch Gardens is not my idea of fun.

• Like 2