• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

None of the Kia dealers are willing to list the cost of an oil change on their website. Or the cost of anything other than cars, basically. I'm pretty sure the cost of inspection is state-mandated, but since I also need an oil change and should probably* get a car wash, and the car wash is probably free at some of the places around here with either the oil change or the inspection... and plenty of places around here have $20 oil change specials... I don't know that the dealer is that cheap (I always thought dealers were expensive for maintenance... if they aren't, they might want to post their prices on their website). 

*As in, last time our car was washed was in spring.  :leaving:

I think they are, typically. But since we bought the van there, we got free oil changes for the first 2 years.  Now, they send a coupon around the time we are due for one.  It ends up being the same as the local mechanics.  

• Like 1

I plan breakfasts (which I cook).  There is a rotation that covers each day of the week.

I plan lunches (which the kids cook).  Again, every monday is the same, every Tuesday is the same....

Dinner, I suck at. There's a plan, but half the time I don't keep it.  The other half of the time I hand it off to my poor dh.  

No one has starved to death, so if it ain't broke then I'm not fixing it.  

#isaidsuck

• Like 5

I pick four or five lunches and dinners, add the ingredients to the online shopping app and jot them down on the back of my calendar. I cross them off as I make them.

I also get 90% of my meal ideas off Pinterest.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

It's Indian, right??

I haven't actually had it, but I love Indian food and I love food I don't have to make.

Chicken, make enough for Jean.  She's going to come over tomorrow too.  

And Slash.  And Luuknam.  

ITT party at Chicken's!   

(Hope you don't mind the nickname.  I keep forgetting your username!)

• Like 5

Oh. I looked it up. It’s butter chicken. Can’t do that in our house. Dd is allergic to chili peppers as well tomato.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Party pooper.

And besides, it's ITT, Jean!  So it can be calorie-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, chili pepper-free, tomato-free, even chicken-free..... and still be awesome.  

• Like 6

It's Indian, right??

I haven't actually had it, but I love Indian food and I love food I don't have to make.

Chicken, make enough for Jean. She's going to come over tomorrow too.

I love Indian food, too. There used to be a delicious Indian restaurant in the Big City. But it closed down a while back. I used to think all Indian food was just curry, but this stuff was amazing. It’s like every dish they would bring out was better than the last. I never ordered off the menu. I’d just ask the waiter what was good.
  • Like 4

Yes, our Thanksgiving was good this year, thanks. It was quite relaxing, even though I did all the cooking. I had a basic menu, actually was in a good mood, and the food reflected it. Last year, there was so much chaos and I was hating my life, and the food reflected that. Everyone did their darndest to make sure I was happy this time around, I think.

No, I did not ketchup. No, I will not do so. Good night. Gotta 4:30am class.

• Like 9

At emergency vet with Libby. We had a grooming accident.

Oh no!

Libby has been stitched up and we’re going home.

:hurray:

Aaaannnndddd....finally caught up! Love you, awesome people. We're celebrating my birthday with my folks today (even though it's not until next Saturday), after I get out of work, and then I'm going to bed early. I'll be back tomorrow. Have a lovely day!

:party: Early Happy Birthday!   :party:

• Like 2

Good morning!

I was hoping to sleep late but dh keeps texting me from the Boy Scout breakfast.

My kids eat the salad, I just don't get the awesomeness points like I do for garlic toast.

My kids eat salad, but in an attempt to appease the mother, will sometimes just stuff a handful of plain greens from the bowl directly into their mouth and call it all good. :glare: ðŸ

I have no meals to prepare today - late breakfast is at the Boy Scout thing and dinner is on the road to the Sewanee (University of the South) Lessons and Carols service which we were, by some miracle, able to get super awesome seats to this year. Tickets are free, but you have about 30 seconds after the registration opens to get your request in before they are all out.

Coffee!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 4

In an attempt to maintain my sanity, we have a fairly regular meal routine.

Dh makes breakfast most mornings, which M-Sun are: oatmeal, eggs, yogurt/granola, eggs, eggs, pancakes or waffles or cereal, eggs/pastries.

Lunches M-Sun are: leftovers or loaded nachos, mac&cheese or ramen, sandwiches, hot dogs, soup or sweet potatoes, leftovers or sandwiches, loaded baked potatoes or bread/jam/fruit/vegetables.

Dinners go through a 4 week rotation - I have most of the meals or necessary ingredients stocked up in the pantry or deep freeze to last mid-August through December:

M - soup (tomato or potato or cream of broccoli) or chili

T - "picnic" dinner (croissants or muffins, fruit, hb eggs, cheese, etc)

W - tacos (de carnitas, beef & bean, fish) or gyros

Th - lo mein or salmon w/rice or West African Plasus w/rice or chicken crack wraps

F - bbq sandwiches or Italian subs or shepherd's pie or pot pie

Sa - spaghetti or ravioli bake or corn casserole w/ham or Polish kielbasa w/sauerkraut

Su - pizza (usually French bread pizza or frozen, ocassionally Little Caesars) or turkey club sandwiches

Dinner sides are usually a green salad with bottled dressing and a bag of microwave-steamed vegetables. Dinner selections generally change each semester depending on what we want more of and what I find new to try.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 4

Chicken Makhani!!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Welcome, CJVW! 

I love chicken Makhani!  Last year we took some along to Thanksgiving dinner as something a little different for people to try, and one SIL kept hinting heavily that she wanted us to do it again this year.  We had to disappoint her, but Christmas is coming....

• Like 4

I have a freezer now, so meal planning *should* become easier.  It's hard to plan when you can't store enough of the right foods.

Or when you can't fit enough of the right foods into your shopping cart.  One of my SILs shops nearly every day because all of the teens in the house keep eating everything up.  

• Like 2

I plan day to day. Occasionally I plan for the next day. Works for me. I have tried the weekly plans and the monthly plans. Those didn’t work for me.

I suspect DH and the girls will default to "are we out of cereal and milk yet?" for their breakfast plans, and the rest will be "whatever" while I am gone.