Menu

Ignore this thread!

So, 12yo ds has been growing a lot this fall.  His size 12 slim pants are definitely too short.  I have size 14 regular hand me downs ready, but they are too big.  I was guessing I should order some 14 slims.  But I measured him to be sure.... by waist and weight he should be a size 16 slim.  By height, he should be an 18 slim.   :blink:   If 14 regulars are too big (and I think I need to see him try them on to see how much too big....), how in the world would 16slim or 18 slim fit????  He's going to need to wear shorts or start drinking milkshakes everyday to put some weight on!   :D

• Like 3

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Light at the end of the tunnel..... Still need to....

mop kitchen floor (you know I don't really believe in mopping, but there are doggy footprints by the back door)

clean kitchen bathroom

wipe kitchen table and put tablecloth on

fold a load and switch a load

around 4:00 make crustless quiche

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BAYXDXA/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I353VWZDCAMOD7&colid=1WKKLV633AVKD

• Like 1

So, 12yo ds has been growing a lot this fall.  His size 12 slim pants are definitely too short.  I have size 14 regular hand me downs ready, but they are too big.  I was guessing I should order some 14 slims.  But I measured him to be sure.... by waist and weight he should be a size 16 slim.  By height, he should be an 18 slim.   :blink:   If 14 regulars are too big (and I think I need to see him try them on to see how much too big....), how in the world would 16slim or 18 slim fit????  He's going to need to wear shorts or start drinking milkshakes everyday to put some weight on!   :D

Suspenders.  :leaving:

• Like 3

Suspenders.  :leaving:

Good idea!   :D

Actually, it looks like 16 slims have a half inch smaller waist than 14 regulars.  So maybe 16 slims would work and if they slide down a little that will cover the 1 inch they are supposedly too short, lol.  

• Like 2

Light at the end of the tunnel.....  Still need to....

mop kitchen floor (you know I don't really believe in mopping, but there are doggy footprints by the back door) done

clean kitchen bathroom 

wipe kitchen table and put tablecloth on

fold a load and switch a load done

• Like 1

Light at the end of the tunnel.....  Still need to....

mop kitchen floor (you know I don't really believe in mopping, but there are doggy footprints by the back door) done

clean kitchen bathroom done

wipe kitchen table and put tablecloth on done - youngest dd did it.   :001_tt1: 

fold a load and switch a load done

• Like 1

I’m back. Breakfast at my mom’s was good. She made this awesome quiche and fresh salsa. The we went to my uncle’s house. That would have been a whole lot more fun minus my family. Dealing with a 6 foot tall 14 year old boy with anxiety who was very uncomfortable is not my idea of a good time. My uncle had some gorgeous new paintings. His style is neo-impressionist. He uses bold brush strokes and colors. I wish I could afford to buy some.

• Like 2

We are back from the university and have planted flower bulbs in the front yard. Dh is grumpy because I chastised him for putting an empty lightbulb box back in the cabinet, making me think we had that size lightbulb. He went out and bought a lightbulb and then went for a walk.

What should we have for dinner? I'm thinking spaghetti.

• Like 2

NGg9x9R.jpg

My beautiful absolutely died-and-went-heaven-they-are-so-yummy empanada.

This was the dough I made - twice because I don't know how big hers were but there was no way that one recipe would make 36.  Two recipes made 36.  I cut them out with a drinking glass and then rolled each one a bit thinner before filling.

https://www.kawalingpinoy.com/beef-empanada/

This is the filling I made.  I made way too much.  I still have over half of the filling left.

https://www.glutenfreeandmore.com/recipes/Gluten-Free-Empanadas-de-Picadillo-4508-1.html

This is the baking instructions I used because for some reason the dough recipe had no instructions on cooking them. 

• Like 5

NGg9x9R.jpg

This was the dough I made - twice because I don't know how big hers were but there was no way that one recipe would make 36.  Two recipes made 36.  I cut them out with a drinking glass and then rolled each one a bit thinner before filling.

This is the filling I made.  I made way too much.  I still have over half of the filling left.

https://www.glutenfreeandmore.com/recipes/Gluten-Free-Empanadas-de-Picadillo-4508-1.html

This is the baking instructions I used because for some reason the dough recipe had no instructions on cooking them. 

Thank you for sharing! Can I fill them with fruit and honey or crab and cream cheese? Whatever I want? I imagine so. And I can freeze them? Do I freeze them cooked or uncooked?

• Like 1

45K! (and change, but I didn't count the change)

Cue Flight of the Silverbird and bring me a goblet of decaf tea!

ETA: That's a great song for cleaning, BTW. Just don't start swinging the broom around too wildly. :D

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 3

I’m back from extended family Thanksgiving. It was short and sweet this year. Dd is the youngest one now and many of the other young adults have moved away for school and work so it wasn’t a lot of people. We ate. Made some small talk. Said goodbye. When the kids were little we played games and watched movies but without many people there wasn’t much interest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

NGg9x9R.jpg

This was the dough I made - twice because I don't know how big hers were but there was no way that one recipe would make 36. Two recipes made 36. I cut them out with a drinking glass and then rolled each one a bit thinner before filling.

This is the filling I made. I made way too much. I still have over half of the filling left.

:hurray:

• Like 1

Y'all, I have a sad story.

I just learned that a very old friend of mine passed away last night. I do not know details.

We met in 1976 or '77; I knew the first time we spoke that she was a soul sister. We attended the same church; I was interpreting the services in sign language, and she was very interested in learning to sign. I invited a friend to be a guest interpreter one day, a nice young man I had met in sign language class, and  she was fascinated with him. It was love at first sight. She began attending the church where he interpreted and became involved with deaf ministry, and eventually they married. By that time Mr. Ellie and I were also attending that church, and we became close to each other as couples as well as workers at church.

A few years later, Mr. Ellie and I moved to another part of the state, eight hours away. We stayed in touch, but, you know, eight hours is a long way. My friend and her dh had three children (she had one from a previous marriage) and seemed to be living happily ever after. And then her dh was charged with s*xually abusing a young man. o_0 While he was married to my friend. He admitted it and pled guilty, and went to jail for 18 months. My friend had to go back to work to support her family. When he came home, they had one more child (!). Things were never right again (duh). [insert very long story] After 19 years of marriage, they divorced.

My friend went to community college and graduated, then earned a BA from the university, and finally became a certified teacher. Her father lived in town and was a great help to her, thank goodness, but she really did make a good life for herself and her children, who are all happily married with children of their own now.

She was able to visit me here in Texas a few years ago. I encouraged her to do flash mob and the Thrill the World event. :-) After all our years apart, we were still soul sisters.

RIP, Susan, my soul sister.

• Like 3