• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

I am so depressed. I am painting baseboards. In small sections. And it only makes the walls look that much  more horrible. And as I look around my house, it is a disaster. I swear, I live with pigs.  I just want to cry.

I want a small 1920's cottage on the beach. Only me. with a picket fence and a rose garden in the back yard. And lots of windows and white fluttery curtains and hardwood floors. And no clutter.

• Like 4

I did things today. And now I'm done doing things. iTired.

DH took all of our clothes to the laundromat because my washer is still broken. At first, neither of us wanted to go to the laundromat to do it. Now we fight over who gets to go. Not really fight, but we both want to be the one who gets to go sit without the kids for 2 hours and read. The laundromat is sort of an awesome chore.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

• Like 3

DH took all of our clothes to the laundromat because my washer is still broken. At first, neither of us wanted to go to the laundromat to do it. Now we fight over who gets to go. Not really fight, but we both want to be the one who gets to go sit without the kids for 2 hours and read. The laundromat is sort of an awesome chore.

DS *loves* the laundromat and would mope around if he didn't get to go. (Our washer is well-behaved, knock on wood, but we have some blankets that don't fit.)

• Like 4

Uh.... Feeling really dumb here. Your signature is the place where we put all our kids and what their curriculum is, right?? So, where is the secret stuff?? I don't see it.

Try highlighting the white space in my siggie.

• Like 1

Who doesn't hate tags???

Oh. I forgot. *I'm* the one with sensory issues. Carry on.

I hate tags, too!  Including some of the "tagless" tags -- they use a plastic "ink" and logos that require solid swaths of ink.  Ick!

• Like 1

The doctor told Dd stuff that I have been telling her for years. Now all of a sudden Dd is trying to “educate†me on nutrition. [emoji849] In related news, she finally ate a dinner that I have been trying to get her to eat each time I have made it. She was surprised that it was good. [emoji849] [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I have a tremendous headache. Every sound hurts. I'm rather glad that the turtles are done with school for the day, because soup was becoming the default option.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

• Like 1

So, is anyone interested in joining shutterfly, who isn't already a member? I need to invite someone new so we can get free photo books. I just need your email address.

Do you get the photo books if you simply invite people, or do they have to accept the invitation?

Here's my plan for next year:

senior - Calculus - Derek Owens, Physics - either UMS or Derek Owens, English - at home or DE, history - at home, elective - maybe or maybe not

sophomore - English - possibly UMS, history UMS or TOG at home, math - Saxon algebra 1 at home, Science - Guest Hollow Anatomy (ish).  For foreign language she would like to start Japanese, which I have no resources for and I'm guessing Rosetta Stone would be abysmal.  So I don't know.  

8th grader - outsource English and math and UMS, history at home, science - either at home or Derek Owens physical, Latin at home, 

5th grader - everything at home.  CLE Math, maybe start Reading and Reasoning, maybe JAG for grammar, something for writing that I don't have to think about much - EIW or Beyond the Book Report, or a workbook and save those other things for 6th/7th/8th.  History and Lit, to be determined.  

Here's my plan for next year:  

Run off to the beach!  

There you go!  That's better!  Use that outsourcing!

I want my decoy to stay home and make meatballs so I can go to the craft store by myself.

Sorry.  Hector was coming, but he can't find his Mrs. Potatohead outfit.  I told him he could go grab a russet from the store, but he's a little fixated on the details he had in mind.

• Like 1

The stuff in white.

Whatever you want. I put in some ITT stuff, and Jean joined in, and some of the others were rebels and put in other stuff, or didn't put in anything at all. I even came up with a Latin motto (courtesy of Google translate). 

Yes, I saw those. But AMJ had some specific quotes and I was wondering it those were supposed to go in the ITT Archives of ITTisms. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1aQ_-lf4f8k19F9pE84cvrye3mODQ0Gf1a4-c4v6Zta4

• Like 1

The reason I like Regency romantic comedies-of-manner is not the men. It’s the maids. You can ge5 breakfast in bed EVERY DAY. Although my ancestors were probably up at 4 working in the kitchen. Anyway. Lalala escapism.

DS *loves* the laundromat and would mope around if he didn't get to go. (Our washer is well-behaved, knock on wood, but we have some blankets that don't fit.)

Arghety argh argh argh!

Yes, I saw those. But AMJ had some specific quotes and I was wondering it those were supposed to go in the ITT Archives of ITTisms. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1aQ_-lf4f8k19F9pE84cvrye3mODQ0Gf1a4-c4v6Zta4

Ah!  Yes, those are quite priceless and would be good additions to the archives!  Thank you!

DD13 and I came home early from Aikido because she is drained and needs to recupe.  She will stay for the adults' class Thursday instead of today.

We have souped, and I am caught up in ITT.  I am contemplating validating my latest word count, and then going to bed early.  It will frustrate the cat, who is hoping to convince someone to let her out again.  She got scolded yet again today for running behind my truck as I was backing into the driveway.  She did that only a week or so ago -- usually she's good for 3-4 months after she gets her scolding.

• Like 2

I went to the back door to pick up my laptop bag, and the cat came dashing to be let out.  When I instead turned the locks on the door she let out the most interesting grumble of frustration -- I didn't know a cat could make such a sound!

• Like 2

I need a wife. I got home tonight, and I thought, "Man, it would be so nice if I could come home, sit down to write, and somebody would bring me two fried eggs, a couple of pieces of toast, a glass of orange juice and then go make sure the boys folded their laundry and didn't stay up too late watching basketball."

Alas, I had to do it all myself. :lol:

• Like 3

Sometimes my kitten barks, but only at Husband. She's never barked at me.

I let the kids watch screens while I took a hot shower. Then I sent them off to their bedrooms and made myself a caramel hot chocolate. Now I am going to sip this yummy concoction and binge Netflix. Is it actually a binge if I only watch for a couple hours? Regardless, I'm putting my feet up and checking out.

• Like 3

I'm outta likes....

So I think next year I’ll place DS in public school so that I have more time to binge Netflix and ITT.

Excellent idea!  

I’m kidding.

Or not!

Sort of.

Or yes!  

I am so depressed. I am painting baseboards. In small sections. And it only makes the walls look that much  more horrible. And as I look around my house, it is a disaster. I swear, I live with pigs.  I just want to cry.

I want a small 1920's cottage on the beach. Only me. with a picket fence and a rose garden in the back yard. And lots of windows and white fluttery curtains and hardwood floors. And no clutter.

:grouphug:   I wish (well kinda) that I could show you the mess all around my desk and my bedroom right now.  It would, hopefully, make you feel better.  (Or inspire you to report me.)  I'm hoping to work on it next week before Thanksgiving (thankfully we don't host it here).    

The reason I like Regency romantic comedies-of-manner is not the men. It’s the maids. You can ge5 breakfast in bed EVERY DAY. Although my ancestors were probably up at 4 working in the kitchen. Anyway. Lalala escapism.

Yes!  Maids!!

Y'all, dd's new math book came over the weekend. She has yet to remember to take it with us to work. I forget, too. I'm not too excited since I'm not sure it will help us. Today I ended up ordering a spectrum math workbook. I think I'm tired.

I should probably remember the new math book - which one did you get (if you want to say)?  Condolences on forgetting it and doubting it's the one you need.  No fun.  14yo dd and I didn't get to math at the end of last week and it was no fun jumping back in this week, but we finally did it.  You will too.   :grouphug:

I have no secret messages or secret identities. Yet.

Secret identity.... yes, that's what I need.  And a Spud's clone.  And Krissi's beach cottage.  Now... I think we're getting somewhere!   :001_tt1:

• Like 4

It's a longstanding tradition in the vein of the formal livingroom with plastic covered furniture that no one is allowed to enter. :D

My great grandparents had an all-white parlor that was literally roped off with those red velvet ropes like at the movie theatre. No kids allowed!

My grandmother lived in a museum.  

She'd rush to slide a handkerchief under my grandfather's head before he rested it on the sofa.   

She also had three boisterous boys and a drink at 4pm every afternoon, poor soul.   :laugh:

• Like 6

I don't think I said. We started this year with Rod & Staff. I just went one level too high for dd. So I ordered 7th grade last week.

I doubt I'm sticking with it for ds10, either. Because if I do, I'm going to have to write out the lessons on paper myself. He can't stay focused to write the problem number, write the problem, put the answer, then go to the next one, without going all.over.the.page.

I really do like R&S, though.

When we used R&S very early on, I had the boys keep a folded sheet of paper under each line of problems. That helped. But I'm much happier with CLE. No copying, just working right in the book. Happier place for all of us. My boys are naturally very neat with their math. They were sloppier when they had to write out every problem and then work it. 

• Like 2

When we used R&S very early on, I had the boys keep a folded sheet of paper under each line of problems. That helped. But I'm much happier with CLE. No copying, just working right in the book. Happier place for all of us. My boys are naturally very neat with their math. They were sloppier when they had to write out every problem and then work it.

I love CLE math.
  • Like 2

Chocolate helps everything. Maybe I should add that to my signature.

It does!!

Well, most things. Doesn't help Weight Watchers, though. Half a cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips is 21 points. And I get 30 points per day. Needless to say, I went over my daily allotted points, and then some.

• Like 5

It does!!

Well, most things. Doesn't help Weight Watchers, though. Half a cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips is 21 points. And I get 30 points per day. Needless to say, I went over my daily allotted points, and then some.

I'm currently munching on my one tablespoon of chips per day.   70 calories.   :svengo:

That said, thank you, Krissi.  I never bothered with calorie counting until you mentioned it was the one thing that worked for you (I think it was you!).  

It's working.   :thumbup1:

• Like 4

Spuds cant figure it out. Or even how to read it on an ipad. Its ok. iLazy

Ask the 11yo. Or something. It's not that hard to highlight stuff on an iPad - iirc it's something along the lines of touch a piece of text for a little while, and then drag the things. I don't know how to explain. So, ask the 11yo or whomever. 

If I had one it would be boring too.  

There are no boring secret messages. For one, part of the excitement is when someone not on the ITT is going to catch on. For that, it doesn't matter one iota what the message is, though the weirder, the better. 

Which beach?

Can I come?

I'm going to guess the ITT Island beach.

TIL I've been doing the laundromat all wrong. Before we had a washer, I had to take the Celery. And then when the washer was broken or the water pipe below the house was frozen, I took the Celery or the Broccoli. I distinctly remember taking Broccoli a few years ago when he was learning to read and having him read all the signs in the laundromat. Some of those have pretty difficult words for a 4yo or however old he was. Plus, we also worked on vocabulary, because he wasn't familiar with all of those words either. The only times I've been to the laundromat alone was when in college... but, I didn't stay in the laundromat, since we lived close enough I'd just make sure to get back to it in time (iirc it was pretty much across the (small) parking lot from our apartment building). 

• Like 2

Ask the 11yo. Or something. It's not that hard to highlight stuff on an iPad - iirc it's something along the lines of touch a piece of text for a little while, and then drag the things. I don't know how to explain. So, ask the 11yo or whomever. 

Alternatively, if you light a candle and hold your iPad over it, that should also work. 

Oh, wait. No, that was for secret messages written on paper with lemon juice. My bad! 

Edited by luuknam
  • Like 4