Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

No adulting today. I forbid it.

Let's all take naps instead.

Hi, Renai! Nice to meet you.

Yay!  After my lunch is ready I'll go hide in my room, watching Amazon Prime on my tablet so the girls won't get distracted from their school work.

• Like 3

Are those quotes in your signature supposed to be in the ITTisms?

The stuff in white.

Wait, we're supposed to be doing that?? I missed that memo. What kind of secret stuff?

Whatever you want. I put in some ITT stuff, and Jean joined in, and some of the others were rebels and put in other stuff, or didn't put in anything at all. I even came up with a Latin motto (courtesy of Google translate). 

• Like 2

Celery likes his new clothes (arrived yesterday evening from Gymboree). Phew. He was upset after a computer problem messed up his flight in Burning Cargo, so I wasn't sure if showing him his new clothes would cheer him up or if he'd just complain about them all being terrible, but he thinks they're awesome (other than the tags - he hates the tags). 

• Like 4

The stuff in white.

Whatever you want. I put in some ITT stuff, and Jean joined in, and some of the others were rebels and put in other stuff, or didn't put in anything at all. I even came up with a Latin motto (courtesy of Google translate).

Uh.... Feeling really dumb here. Your signature is the place where we put all our kids and what their curriculum is, right?? So, where is the secret stuff?? I don't see it.

Uh.... Feeling really dumb here. Your signature is the place where we put all our kids and what their curriculum is, right?? So, where is the secret stuff?? I don't see it.

You know how you can click and drag over an area, for example if you want to copy a block of text? When you do that, it changes the background color, so the white text will be visible. 

Oh, and yes, the signature is the thing that has the kids curricula or w/e, so, for me, it's that block that says:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thundercliff Elementary

Illuminati Thread Trooper

Celery, August 2007, grade 5.

Broccoli, November 2010, grade 2/3.

Vēnī, vīdī, neglēxī.

NL is short for The Netherlands. I currently live in Western New York (WNY).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I planned next year. Drumroll, please...

Here's my plan for next year:

senior - Calculus - Derek Owens, Physics - either UMS or Derek Owens, English - at home or DE, history - at home, elective - maybe or maybe not

sophomore - English - possibly UMS, history UMS or TOG at home, math - Saxon algebra 1 at home, Science - Guest Hollow Anatomy (ish).  For foreign language she would like to start Japanese, which I have no resources for and I'm guessing Rosetta Stone would be abysmal.  So I don't know.  

8th grader - outsource English and math and UMS, history at home, science - either at home or Derek Owens physical, Latin at home, 

5th grader - everything at home.  CLE Math, maybe start Reading and Reasoning, maybe JAG for grammar, something for writing that I don't have to think about much - EIW or Beyond the Book Report, or a workbook and save those other things for 6th/7th/8th.  History and Lit, to be determined.  

Run off to the beach!  

Edited by Another Lynn
  • Like 8

senior - Calculus - Derek Owens, Physics - either UMS or Derek Owens, English - at home or DE, history - at home, elective - maybe or maybe not

sophomore - English - possibly UMS, history UMS or TOG at home, math - Saxon algebra 1 at home, Science - Guest Hollow Anatomy (ish). For foreign language she would like to start Japanese, which I have no resources for and I'm guessing Rosetta Stone would be abysmal. So I don't know.

8th grader - outsource English and math and UMS, history at home, science - either at home or Derek Owens physical, Latin at home,

5th grader - everything at home. CLE Math, maybe start Reading and Reasoning, maybe JAG for grammar, something for writing that I don't have to think about much - EIW or Beyond the Book Report, or a workbook and save those other things for 6th/7th/8th. History and Lit, to be determined.

Are you outsourcing better than this year?
  • Like 1

Are you outsourcing better than this year?

I think so because what gets outsourced will be completely outsourced instead of hybrid-outsourced.  I'm tired of Challenge (and similar situations) where we follow someone else's plan, but I'm still the responsible teacher.  It puts all the angst on me and none of the flexibility.  (Sorry, should have had an ed po and a whine po.)

• Like 5

I think so because what gets outsourced will be completely outsourced instead of hybrid-outsourced.  I'm tired of Challenge (and similar situations) where we follow someone else's plan, but I'm still the responsible teacher.  It puts all the angst on me and none of the flexibility.  (Sorry, should have had an ed po and a whine po.)

Oh, that sounds sucky. Good call.

• Like 1

My parallel parking into a very tight spot on the street was a thing of beauty. A sight to behold. And yes, I’m bragging. Cuz I can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:

• Like 1