• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Home from Art class. One boy did a beautiful semi-truck, the other is working on a picture of kayaks on a serene river. I am working on a young Arabian horse, and he is so pretty! I still have to add his lovely mane, but he's so satiny and silky on the paper you just want to pat his neck. For homework I have been ordered to finish my pony, finish my boats (I don't like those boats!) and finish my cat. So I'm going to be busy. I asked the instructor to bring me hands next week to work on. I love drawing hands, but they are hard.

• Like 4

Home from Art class. One boy did a beautiful semi-truck, the other is working on a picture of kayaks on a serene river. I am working on a young Arabian horse, and he is so pretty! I still have to add his lovely mane, but he's so satiny and silky on the paper you just want to pat his neck. For homework I have been ordered to finish my pony, finish my boats (I don't like those boats!) and finish my cat. So I'm going to be busy. I asked the instructor to bring me hands next week to work on. I love drawing hands, but they are hard.

I have an arm you can borrow. 

• Like 6

Pay no attention to poopy baby. This is what Babies are like; all the time. Poop is a myth. They only snuggle and make cute little sighing sounds.

Mine's sounds when I put him down were not little sighs. (Poop was never the issue here.) Fortunately a lot of the rent-a-babies around here are pretty easygoing. :)

• Like 6

*SIGH*  DD16 isn't having the best day.

NO ELECTRONICS BEFORE YOUR SCHOOL WORK IS DONE!

YOU STILL  DIDN'T PUT AWAY THE CLEAN DISHES!

I WAS TRYING TO WATCH SOMETHING YOU WOULD FIND BORING WHILE I ATE MY LUNCH SO YOU WOULDN'T FEEL TEMPTED TO STOP YOUR SCHOOL WORK.

THAT DOES NOT MEAN YOU CAN SKIP OUT ON SCHOOL WORK, EAT CHEESECAKE FOR LUNCH (AFTER VERY LITTLE BREAKFAST), AND WATCH IT WITH ME!!!!

Now I'm really grumpy.  I wanted to just chill for a bit, but no, I don't get to.  I went to the fridge to see what leftovers were available for my lunch.  The spiciest Chinese takeout was still available.  With its container nested into the emptied but messy containers from the other Chinese takeout entrees.

If the kids aren't careful I'll have heads for dessert, to cut the burn from the jalapenos hidden in the Mongolian Beef.

gorwlgrowlsnarlsnap!

• Like 5

I know that this has been a problem for some here....you're welcome in advance.

22491789_2001020863245142_43489165383034

Somebody mustarded the baby!   :scared:

(I'm not there to smell it, so I can believe it's anything I want.)

• Like 5

Stink!

Dd14's violin teacher gave her the wrong music for the audition! So now instead of having 3+ months to learn it, she has just over a month. :glare: At least it's fairly short.

:cursing:  :cursing:  :cursing:

• Like 1

I have an arm you can borrow. 

Say it with conviction! 

PIE!

Read these in quick succession, without the rest of the context.   :scared:

Obviously I need to eat the last piece of cheesecake.  I am not reading things well.

• Like 4

Blow-out baby reminds me of when AB was an infant and was still in foster care so I had to take her to all these useless doctor's appointments. I was somewhere, I have no idea where, talking to some doctor and she was in my lap and I picked her up to leave and there was a huge mustard colored spot on my beige pants. And then another time I was with her at the Social Security Administeatin and she had a blow out on my blouse. I had to change her on the floor in the Ladies Room because there was no changing table and I ran out of wet wipes. I had another appointment after the Socl Sec. so I ran to Target, bought a new blouse and more wet wipes really quick and changed before my next appointment. And I wasn't even breastfeeding her. However, she was lactose intolerant. So, we finally went on milk-based lactose free formula and we were fine.

• Like 4

Finally had a full day! The rain's been killing us.

Pro-free range. If not for evil people my children would be feral.

Pro mother's intuition!

Have not been to the sea.

Jean, yay! Eeww! (EP)

Oh, I was thinking seasons of the year, as in there's only muggy, hot and muggy, and who-dropped-us-in-mosquito-stew down here.

I had to stare at this for like 4 minutes before I figured out what you were talking about! I'm tired.

I just need to say, I don't like the term "Meet and Greet". They announced a "Meet and Greet" on the radio and I'm just like, "I don't like they term". I don't know why. I never have. It just sounds weird.

Cranky.

I know that this has been a problem for some here....you're welcome in advance.

22491789_2001020863245142_43489165383034

Still want one. Three? Not sure yet.

My first thought was, “looks like breastfeeding poop, bet it doesn’t even smell that bad.†It’s the morning sickness and sleep deprivation that scare me!

And PPD. :(

PIE!

:iagree:

Pay no attention to poopy baby. This is what Babies are like; all the time. Poop is a myth. They only snuggle and make cute little sighing sounds.

Mine moved all the canned goods from the cabinet to the coffee table while I was in the shower. Him's was so proud!
  • Like 5

I have sweeped the house, printed off my poem and my scene selection for meeting tonight, and annoyed the cat by opening the windows and letting in that nasty cold breeze. School is done for the day. If I didn't have meeting at five, and potatoes to cook at four and dogs to walk soon, I would be in the bed napping.

• Like 1

Tell me to go to the doctor. It won't kill me, but this UTI might if I have to spend another day with it. :glare:

Susan, I'm quite serious. As someone who has dealt with three shockingly severe UTIs this year, I am telling you.... you need to go to the doctor. You can't kick it with cranberry juice. That's a myth. Mine got very bad really fast and took a long time to recover from, even after I was on antibiotics.

• Like 2

Tell me to go to the doctor. It won't kill me, but this UTI might if I have to spend another day with it. :glare:

:toetap05:  :toetap05:  :toetap05:  :toetap05:

Why haven't you already gone?  Get your butt in gear, Susie-Q!

Ima gonna BOOYAH all over Susan if she doesn't get in to the doctor FIRST THING in the morning!

Edited by AMJ
  • Like 4

Oh fine. :glare: I'll go tomorrow morning - I have to get the kids to music class in a half hour so no time today. (I'm not giving up my cranberry juice!)

:toetap05:  :toetap05:  :toetap05:  :toetap05:  :toetap05:  :toetap05:

• Like 1

Dd was playing with her arm and now she's behind in actual scheduled school.  I'm reminding myself that being an autodidact and being enthusiastic about learning about intricacies of the circulation system etc. is good and that I really shouldn't be so rigid in my thinking.  I wasn't this rigid in my thinking until high school.  How did this happen?  I didn't plan for this to happen and it doesn't really fit my homeschool philosophy. 

• Like 7

Dd was playing with her arm and now she's behind in actual scheduled school.  I'm reminding myself that being an autodidact and being enthusiastic about learning about intricacies of the circulation system etc. is good and that I really shouldn't be so rigid in my thinking.  I wasn't this rigid in my thinking until high school.  How did this happen?  I didn't plan for this to happen and it doesn't really fit my homeschool philosophy. 

Maybe you should reevaluate your convictions.

• Like 2