Menu

Ignore this thread!

If they aren't big dents and the paint isn't cracked leave them alone. Quite a lot of them will pop out in the summer heat. Been there, done the hail thing.

If the paint is cracked talk to your local paint shops to get quotes, and then consider if you can afford the time (rust and all) to wait for the dents to pop themselves out before repainting, or if you must get them undented and repainted sooner.

It does not appear there is any cracking paint. So thank you! There is hope!

• Like 4

Deep breath.  Deep breath and delegate.

I just had a MAJOR spill in the kitchen while transferring pot roast from the crock to a ziploc bag so it would take up less space in the fridge.  Broth and small bits all down the cabinets.  All over the floor.  Our cabinet doors and drawer fronts look nice, but the rounded tops caused stuff to flow INSIDE the drawers and cabinets, too.

SIGH.

DH is on his way home to take DD12 to Aikido.  Time for some kitchen deep cleaning so we can get to the fridge and fix supper.

:banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:

This sounds amazing! I have never heard of anything like that before!

Me, neither, not ever before or since.  It was wild.  There were NO moths the following year.

Deep breath. Deep breath and delegate.

I just had a MAJOR spill in the kitchen while transferring pot roast from the crock to a ziploc bag so it would take up less space in the fridge. Broth and small bits all down the cabinets. All over the floor. Our cabinet doors and drawer fronts look nice, but the rounded tops caused stuff to flow INSIDE the drawers and cabinets, too.

SIGH.

DH is on his way home to take DD12 to Aikido. Time for some kitchen deep cleaning so we can get to the fridge and fix supper.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

:grouphug:

It's been quite a day here.

Homeschooling at the craft table is working, but it keep me away from the computer (which, in reality, is probably a good thing).

Also this morning: an argument with ds16 about math and homeschooling in general. He said some hurtful things (though, I don't think he meant them to be hurtful) and wants me to start actually teaching him.

The way that I have always homeschooled was to let them fly on their own early and help them when necessary. Apparently this system doesn't work for him (I wish I had known this 5 years ago), so he wants me to teach him each lesson as if I were teaching in school again. Can you hear me sighing? I don't want to teach Advanced Biology and Advanced Math.

This afternoon I went to a funeral. And in a few minutes I have to go cook something for dinner. On one foot.

I'm still smiling, but it's been a day.

:grouphug:
  • Like 2

The way that I have always homeschooled was to let them fly on their own early and help them when necessary. Apparently this system doesn't work for him (I wish I had known this 5 years ago), so he wants me to teach him each lesson as if I were teaching in school again. Can you hear me sighing? I don't want to teach Advanced Biology and Advanced Math.

Because he knows how to read and figure things out and you need to spend more time with your youngers who cannot read (as well) or figure things out on their own.

I am sorry for the day you've had. (((Junie)))

• Like 1

My uncle (who is my mom's half-brother and younger than me) and his wife had preemie recently at 24 weeks. The baby died. :(

:crying:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

I mopped the floor where the mess is so I don't have to keep crawling in it while I clean up the cabinetry.  I'll get to mop it again later, but meanwhile I get to sit a few minutes more while the floor dries.

I get chocolate after this.  I get LOTS of chocolate after this.

• Like 3

Oh, yeah, the word is getting out and the deer are some of the biggest blabber-mouths.  You should be getting possums and raccoons soon....

It's a Critterfixer's-name-is-much-too-apt-and-now-she's-in-for-it booya(h)!

Critter is a regular Dr. Doolittle.

• Like 4

It is better than wanting to eat a caballo.

Plus, the govt. is talking about releasing Oso Grizzlies in our very populated county.  I'm just trying to take care of a problem before it gets bad. 

No eating caballo!  Though I might threaten to do so to Houdini Horse if he figures out the gate latches at ILs'.

I understand supporting the wild population, but if the human population is already large it won't do the Grizzlies any favors to release them there.  When animals and humans conflict it's the animals that get hunted or relocated.

• Like 1

I have worked and worked on my council speech and have it down to 3 minutes.  Unless I hiccup. 

:hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:

Next up on your repertoire:  Performing The Auctioneer, or any Gilbert & Sullivan patter song!  Get those down and NO ONE will be able to limit what you say by limiting your minutes.

• Like 1

Ok, everyone remember the poppy field scene in the Wizard of Oz? That's me today. I think the orchards in full bloom. The field of fiddle-neck in full bloom have induced narcolepsy in me. Hopefully a cup or two of COFFEE☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸ Will get me through the rest of the day.

• Like 3

But the WIND! It will keep me up, in addition to the noisy, free-wheeling moths! I need to borrow your kitteh.

Abby Cat says she doesn't like bugs.  She goes for birds, lizards, and frogs.  She used to go for toads, but she gives them their space now.  I don't think they tasted so good.

We can make a tent of netting over your bed, and you can pretend you are sleeping in some exotic locale.  That will keep the little bugs off you!

I have cleaned and re-mopped the floor.  I need to wait for it to dry again and then go back to tackle more.  The stuff got behind the magnets on the fridge, for pity's sake, and parts of the stove are dripping.  I thought it didn't reach the appliances, but I guess I was wrong.

DH came home and said, "It doesn't look that bad," AFTER I had sopped up the bulk of what was visible.  I should have told him HE had to clean it all up for me and gone to Aikido myself.

My hands smell like pot roast and soap.

• Like 2

I ordered pizza for delayed delivery.  It should get here a little after DH and DD get home.  I am NOT cooking tonight, and I do NOT want to eat leftover pot roast this evening.

I think my floor is dry again.

• Like 2

AMJ--it is the fault of the soapy potatoes. They made the pot slippery, and now they are generating more soap. I think you shouldn't buy those kind of potatoes again.

As part of the transferring process I was fishing out the potatoes to throw them away.  I'm sure you are right -- the slip with the bag would never have occurred otherwise.

• Like 1

I'm calling myself done on the kitchen clean-up tonight.  I'm sure I'll find more tomorrow, but I have had enough.  When cleaning up after such mishaps one invariably discovers other hidden spots that need cleaning, too.  I cleaned some of those while cleaning up today's mess, and I'll let them bother me into cleaning the newly discovered spots this weekend.

I have showered and pre-treated my clothes.  I am in pajamas now, and the pizza guy can just deal with that.  At this point I get to relax, maybe crochet, and put my feet up.  After showering I finished making our bed, so that is nice and clean, too, when I wish to retire for the night.

My hands no longer smell like pot roast.  They smell like shampoo now.  I had a little chocolate.  Time for tea.

• Like 5

I have decided I am not a fan of grout lines in flooring.  We had vinyl tile in the kitchen of our previous house and I quite liked it.  DH hates vinyl because it shrinks over time down here.

If I ever get to build my house I'm going to have terrazzo flooring everywhere I can, with rugs where I want cushiness.

Home fantasy booyah?

Edited by AMJ
  • Like 4

Dh just put new lightbulbs in our bathroom light fixture.  They're... a bit too bright.

:coolgleamA:  :coolgleamA:  :coolgleamA:  :coolgleamA:  :coolgleamA:  :coolgleamA:

It makes me want to sing, "Here Comes the Sun".

• Like 6

((((((Ikslo and Junie))))))

AMJ, glad you finished cleaning (for now) and can relax!!

The pizza came just before DH and DD got home.  Both growing bottomless pits (DDs) ate up their share, including the lava cakes I ordered for them.  DD12 then also had popcorn to top it all off.  More growth spurts ahead, I guess.  There was little left over to put away.

We watched Top Hat, an old Fred Astaire & Ginger Rogers film.  Silly story, good dancing, decent music.  A nice send-off to bed time.

Good night, everyone!  Pleasant dreams.

• Like 4

I'm just about ready to go postal on someone.

Dear neighbor, I am sorry that you are bored but I don't want to sit on the phone with you while listening to your stream of consciousness musings.

Dear Friend: I am glad that you think I am smart and know stuff because I'm a homeschooler, but I am not your unpaid research assistant.

Dear Dh, when you are literally two feet from the fridge, you can open the door yourself to see what there is to eat instead of calling me during my 4th hour of driving today to ask me.

Dear Son: I am happy to be your chauffeur. And yes, I will pick you up at 8 pm . But, no, you may not reserve the right to ask me to drop everything to come get you if you get done early. I actually have a life. Or at least I am trying to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 9

I thought the original comment was about EATING the bear?  Oso Pardo looked so cute!

Osos are cute, but dangerous.

***Educational content ahead:

Although "pardo" is used for "brown" in this story, it's basically used to name the bear (ie., a brown bear, not a grizzly). When describing the color of an object, most often used is café or marrón. Or, castaño, when describing hair. :D

• Like 7

It is better than wanting to eat a caballo.

Plus, the govt. is talking about releasing Oso Grizzlies in our very populated county.  I'm just trying to take care of a problem before it gets bad. 

Horse meat isn't bad, actually.  :leaving:

• Like 1

Osos are cute, but dangerous.

***Educational content ahead:

Although "pardo" is used for "brown" in this story, it's basically used to name the bear (ie., a brown bear, not a grizzly). When describing the color of an object, most often used is café or marrón. Or, castaño, when describing hair. :D

Thank you.

• Like 1