Menu

Ignore this thread!

Church this morning was an emotional roller coaster.

In our church family this week, we've had a death, two families joining the church, another member moving and leaving the church, a baby announcement, and a college-aged couple getting engaged.

Our church announcements were kind of like this:  :crying:   :hurray:  :(    :party: :thumbup1:

Edited by Junie
  • Like 4

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Oh, and arthritis beat stubbornness this morning and I had to use my cane for the first time in nine years.  I wasn't happy about it, but I survived.

Last night my left foot looked swollen.  I wasn't sure if it really was swollen or if it was my imagination.  I got out the measuring tape and my left foot was a half an inch bigger around than my right.  Not good.

Edited by Junie

Oh, and arthritis beat stubbornness this morning and I had to use my cane for the first time in nine years.  I wasn't happy about it, but I survived.

Last night my left foot looked swollen.  I wasn't sure if it really was swollen or if it was my imagination.  I got out the measuring tape and my left foot was a half an inch bigger around than my right.  Not good.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

Any idea what is causing this latest bout?

I hate when it goes from the 70s to the low 30s overnight. Phooey.

We returned to real winter, so temps have been flirting with above freezing.  During the day.

We are supposed to be up in the 70s again by Tuesday. I'm thinking about scheduling "river school" and taking the kayaks out again.

Speaking of 70s, apparently we've received about 75 inches of snow this winter.  We also had significant rainfall on top of the accumulated snow, so we have ice sheets in places where we should have roads and footpaths.  Last night we got about 3-4 inches of snow.  In other words, just enough to fool a person to think that she can walk to the barn in boots alone.  FYI, fat middle-aged women aren't meant to fly through the air and land flat on their backs, head and all.  It hurts.

Temps dropped here, too, but from the low 50's to the 30's. But, this is also the place where it snowed one Mother's Day, so we really shouldn't be surprised by the weather here. Sigh.

I feel your pain, sister.  Well, no actually, that could be pain from falling flat on my back head and all on an ice sheet.  I sympathize with you, sister.

This is why people should take summer vacations in Canada.

Or my house.  Close enough.  (The glorious summers make the snowy, icy, muddy, icy, snowy, muddy, sodden, oops!snowy, icy, muddy [you get the picture] mess that is Spring tolerable.)

• Like 2

Well, poop, Junie.  Here I thought that I had finally accurately diagnosed your troubles for you, but you went and edited.

I guess maybe your doctors have it right.

(I hope that you're in the mood for my pathetic attempt at humor.  :grouphug: )

• Like 3

Well, poop, Junie.  Here I thought that I had finally accurately diagnosed your troubles for you, but you went and edited.

I guess maybe your doctors have it right.

(I hope that you're in the mood for my pathetic attempt at humor.  :grouphug: )

:lol:

(I had originally posted that my left foot was more swollen than my left.  When I realized that I had posted that I had two left feet :) I went back and edited.  I thought that I was quick enough that no one would notice.  I should have known better!)

Edited by Junie
  • Like 6

DH and the boys are outside jury-rigging a chicken quarantine pen from and old dog pen that I insisted we keep. :hurray:

Now, I've still got to rig a top and make a little house to go with it but it's a nice big pen (96sq ft) and should be a comfortable place for the birds outside.

• Like 3

We returned to real winter, so temps have been flirting with above freezing.  During the day.

Speaking of 70s, apparently we've received about 75 inches of snow this winter.  We also had significant rainfall on top of the accumulated snow, so we have ice sheets in places where we should have roads and footpaths.  Last night we got about 3-4 inches of snow.  In other words, just enough to fool a person to think that she can walk to the barn in boots alone.  FYI, fat middle-aged women aren't meant to fly through the air and land flat on their backs, head and all.  It hurts.

I feel your pain, sister.  Well, no actually, that could be pain from falling flat on my back head and all on an ice sheet.  I sympathize with you, sister.

Or my house.  Close enough.  (The glorious summers make the snowy, icy, muddy, icy, snowy, muddy, sodden, oops!snowy, icy, muddy [you get the picture] mess that is Spring tolerable.)

:grouphug:  :grouphug:   Yup, I've slipped like that.  No fun at any age.

• Like 1

I'm groggy and brain-dead today. I misread this as you were trying out the coffee service today, and I thought that that was a wonderful idea for an early service!

Well, first service is much more casual and people do bring their coffee in there, so... I guess it can be called the COFFEE service! ☕ï¸â˜•ï¸ðŸ˜œ

We did like it, though oldest DS was not fond of the early hour.

• Like 4

Well, first service is much more casual and people do bring their coffee in there, so... I guess it can be called the COFFEE service! ☕ï¸â˜•ï¸ðŸ˜œ

We did like it, though oldest DS was not fond of the early hour.

Maybe eldest can have some coffee, too?   :laugh:

• Like 3

Oh, and arthritis beat stubbornness this morning and I had to use my cane for the first time in nine years. I wasn't happy about it, but I survived.

Last night my left foot looked swollen. I wasn't sure if it really was swollen or if it was my imagination. I got out the measuring tape and my left foot was a half an inch bigger around than my right. Not good.

Oh, sweetie, :grouphug:

• Like 1

Hey, Renai, what are the temps typically like there during April?  I'm thinking ahead again to camping at Chaco, thinking through how to make sure the family has whatever is needed to deal with conditions.  Currently I'm thinking through sleeping warm (make sure we have enough good pads, might buy some inexpensive sleeping bag liners, if needed have stocking caps for everyone to sleep in), though I also need to think through food and cooking.  I have a pickup with plenty of cargo space, so at least that won't be an issue, though my friend has dietary restrictions so we might be cooking two separate meals at meal times.

Chaco is a dark sky park.  I sure hope it stays clear while we are there!  I haven't seen that many stars in decades, and my kids have never seen that many.

I think in terms of gardening; we don't put anything in the ground or outside until the middle of May (unless you have a greenhouse). Temps in daytime are usually very comfortable and warm in April, but we are prepared for the low temps (especially at night). The saying, "April showers bring May flowers," doesn't tend to apply here. We get most rains in March or May.  :lol: But, we're 4 hours away from Chaco, which is north of us.

Here's a website that is helpful: https://www.currentresults.com/Weather/New-Mexico/temperature-april.php

Here's the rainfall: https://www.currentresults.com/Weather/New-Mexico/precipitation-april.php

:grouphug:  I missed this earlier when you were making fun of me.  ;)

GOOOOAL!!!!!!

Just watching soccer on the Spanish station. Ok, now oldest DS changed it to basketball.

We were just watching soccer in Spanish, too.  They were talking just a little bit too fast for me.  I would catch some words that I recognized, but they were coming at me too fast for me to comprehend what they were saying.

It's my birthday! The big three oh. I'm officially all growed up now.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

Happy Birthday!  You're a growned-up now!!

• Like 2

I told this lady at church that Rocky has Cushing's. She'd never heard of it but immediately said "time to put him down ". I said,"We'll try medication first. ".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:huh:

Did you slap her?

You should have slapped her, because clearly she was having some sort of brain seizure and needed to be returned to reality.

Edited by JoJosMom
  • Like 6

:huh:

Did you slap her?

You should have slapped her, because clearly she was having some sort of brain seizure and needed to be returned to reality.

I might be a bad pastor's wife who falls asleep during my husband's sermons, but I've never (yet) slapped a parishioner.  I actually laughed.   It was such an extreme response that I didn't feel the need to take it seriously. 

• Like 6

I'm finally getting John's ANKI deck together today. Almost done. And my new totally awesome website. Done. I might even organize our digital pictures if I have enough coffee. In progress.

I also cleaned peanut butter off the brand new couch.

Babies are gross.

• Like 3

Right about the end of July when the heat and humidity are about to drive us nutty, we need to take a road trip to JJM's.

YAY!  Company's coming!  Company's coming!

Here's a little something to tide you over:

(Caveat:  We do not live on the lake.  That is for (really) rich people.  But we have a boat...)

• Like 6

I think in terms of gardening; we don't put anything in the ground or outside until the middle of May (unless you have a greenhouse). Temps in daytime are usually very comfortable and warm in April, but we are prepared for the low temps (especially at night). The saying, "April showers bring May flowers," doesn't tend to apply here. We get most rains in March or May.  :lol: But, we're 4 hours away from Chaco, which is north of us.

Here's a website that is helpful: https://www.currentresults.com/Weather/New-Mexico/temperature-april.php

Here's the rainfall: https://www.currentresults.com/Weather/New-Mexico/precipitation-april.php

Thank you!

• Like 1

I was doing the bob and weave in church this morning. At one point I almost fell off the pew.

#gettingupmultipkwtimeswithRockyistakingitstoll

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

At least you didn't break out snoring loudly, like my uncle.

• Like 2