• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

No wonder I couldn't put my kids in school.  I just dropped Rocky off for his day at the vet (for the Cushing's test) and he didn't want me to leave him.  I feel so badly for him. 

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

• Like 1

I cleaned much of the kitchen.  I even cleaned the debris trap in the dishwasher.  The stove top will have to wait until after lunch because we need to eat now, but other than that and some water bottles the kitchen is clean.

• Like 1

I like West Side Story. 

There are bits I like well enough, but it just never grabbed me quite as much as other musicals.  *shrug*

It also doesn't help that one of my favorites (which does contain some bits that annoy me, I'll confess), My Fair Lady, keeps taking over my brain.  Whenever I think West Side Story Eliza Doolittle starts in on Show Me Now.

The best way to drive away that earworm is to start thinking of Angela Lansbury singing about the worst pies in London, or about Frederick's youth.  But that then brings in the modern major general with the tarantara-ing constabulary right behind, which then leaves musicals and operettas entirely and dives into Al Sherman....

#mindramblesoverrockymountainsatthespeedofpattersongs

Oh, and I forgot about PDQ Bach.  He usually pops up in there somewhere, too, right before Marvin Hammlisch improvising.

And did I mention DD12 is now starting to compose her own melodies?  I'm both proud about it and annoyed at their ear-worm-iness at the same time!

Edited by AMJ
  • Like 2

Only if they accept my return... I can't find my husband's pin from last year. I thought it was the same as mine, but apparently I was wrong. Rejected.

Ugh. That happened to me last year. I hope I remember it this year.

And... I can't remember the password to get into the account. I just was on a couple of weeks ago! I guess I'll need to change the password. Again.

• Like 1

School is proceeding. Dogs were walked. Chicken pens were cleaned out. School planning is proceeding. Library books are assembled and waiting. I should finish the planning and the grocery list shortly. After that--run to town and get the errands knocked out there. 

I am planning to soak in my clean bathtub with the door locked after this day is over.

• Like 3

School is proceeding. Dogs were walked. Chicken pens were cleaned out. School planning is proceeding. Library books are assembled and waiting. I should finish the planning and the grocery list shortly. After that--run to town and get the errands knocked out there.

I am planning to soak in my clean bathtub with the door locked after this day is over.

Over achiever!!!😜
  • Like 2

I have not schooled. We're waiting for the couch to be delivered. I don't know if you remember but when our old couch snapped in half we bought like $100 couch to get us through. It was terribly uncomfortable. Now we have a more comfortable couch that only cost $300, but it's not here. I have a big area to work out though. Not that I'm going to or anything.

• Like 6

My 13yo invited youngest to play Minecraft Murder with her and her brothers.  Somehow, when I thought homeschooling would make them closer, that's not quite what I had in mind.  

Oh, wait, no worries.  They have fought over it and decided not to play.  I'm not sure whether that's a good thing or a bad thing.  

• Like 7

Oh, and about the couch. We picked it out on Monday but by yesterday there was only one left and it had a defect on the bottom where you can't see it. It's purely aesthetic. Because of the defect it was 10% off. The guy selling it could not figure out what 10% of $365 was so he gave it to us for an even $300. We said nothing.

• Like 9

Oh, and about the couch. We picked it out on Monday but by yesterday there was only one left and it had a defect on the bottom where you can't see it. It's purely aesthetic. Because of the defect it was 10% off. The guy selling it could not figure out what 10% of $365 was so he gave it to us for an even $300. We said nothing.

:mellow:

But... but... shopping!

Only if they accept my return... I can't find my husband's pin from last year. I thought it was the same as mine, but apparently I was wrong. Rejected.

Ugh. Will they accept a number from last year (refund or income amount) instead of the pin? That stinks.

We are still waiting to hear if ds's ammended return is accepted. And if he made the correct changes, we may be able to simply resubmit our return. But maybe not because I accidentally deleted something and then put it back the way it had been and now TurboTax may think I've changed the return which would mean WE would have to submit an ammended return (by mail) which may take several more weeks and only then would we find out if ds made the correct changes. And if he hasn't then I give up.

Math is hard. :glare: 

• Like 2

Ugh. Will they accept a number from last year (refund or income amount) instead of the pin? That stinks.

We are still waiting to hear if ds's ammended return is accepted. And if he made the correct changes, we may be able to simply resubmit our return. But maybe not because I accidentally deleted something and then put it back the way it had been and now TurboTax may think I've changed the return which would mean WE would have to submit an ammended return (by mail) which may take several more weeks and only then would we find out if ds made the correct changes. And if he hasn't then I give up.

I got it figured out and it has been accepted. I had to dig through my not-so-organized files* and find his adjusted gross income from last year's return.

*Files=a single box with all paperwork and no folder system. :cursing: 

• Like 2

Hmm, wow! 10%. Percentages are tricky sometimes, but not 10%. It's not like 27%, which may require a calculator.
  • Like 3

I haven't a clue what to have for dinner. It can't have dairy. Or gluten. (or has to be able to be easily made in a gluten free version as well as a gluten one). And it has to be quick(ish) to make. Oh. And I should have most of the ingredients.

Taco soup, a burger with gluten free bread, salad with meat in it.
  • Like 2

It is funny how much we crave a different day or daily existence no matter what kind of day we have.

Here I am envying all of the moms who have the joy of staying home and home schooling their children

while I necessity dictates me to work full time out of the house, work part time editing, and still home school.

What I wouldn't give to spend a week home schooling without working. The pleasure of waking up with my

dc each day.I have only not worked, while I was home schooling, for about 1/2 a year in my 13 years of home schooling.

• Like 7

It is funny how much we crave a different day or daily existence no matter what kind of day we have.

Here I am envying all of the moms who have the joy of staying home and home schooling their children

while I necessity dictates me to work full time out of the house, work part time editing, and still home school.

What I wouldn't give to spend a week home schooling without working. The pleasure of waking up with my

dc each day.I have only not worked, while I was home schooling, for about 1/2 a year in my 13 years of home schooling.

I hear you. I've also worked, some years more than others, and many years while attending school myself. I loved when I worked as a Title I tutor; I set my own hours, and it was after school. I'm trying to move back into working for myself so I can at least stay home. But I will always be working something; got student loans to pay. As long as I like what I'm doing, I'm fine. Recently, I seem to have got caught in the middle of school politics. Thankfully, I have plenty of good people on my side.

• Like 2

I hear you. I've also worked, some years more than others, and many years while attending school myself. I loved when I worked as a Title I tutor; I set my own hours, and it was after school. I'm trying to move back into working for myself so I can at least stay home. But I will always be working something; got student loans to pay. As long as I like what I'm doing, I'm fine. Recently, I seem to have got caught in the middle of school politics. Thankfully, I have plenty of good people on my side.

I honestly enjoy working if it wasn't for the fact that I have to leave my dc. I'm glad that I have always been blessed with a job

• Like 2