Menu

Ignore this thread!

Good Morning!

I'm feeling some better today.  Only this morning instead of feeling like I was run over on the street, I woke up from a nasty dream.  So an improvement.  ;)

Lynn, hugs to you even though you said you didn't want them.  Nine days is do-able.  I would make a huge to-do list.  Cross out anything that isn't truly important, delegate a lot, and take care of a few things each day.

Hoping that you all have a wonderful day!

I  :001_wub: the ITT.

• Like 7

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Good Morning!

I'm feeling some better today.  Only this morning instead of feeling like I was run over on the street, I woke up from a nasty dream.  So an improvement.   ;)

Lynn, hugs to you even though you said you didn't want them.  Nine days is do-able.  I would make a huge to-do list.  Cross out anything that isn't truly important, delegate a lot, and take care of a few things each day.

Hoping that you all have a wonderful day!

I  :001_wub: the ITT.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  for the nasty dream.  It WAS a dream, you woke up, and ITT is refuge.

We all love ITT, and ITT loves us all.   :laugh:

• Like 6

As I am able to turn my thoughts to becoming healthy again I downloaded a few apps including:

Night Mode - removes blue light from phone

FIT Radio - already made playlist for different workouts, no commercials

Clue - a period tracker that gives insights to your cycle and health

7 Minute Workout - a HIIT thing

All Trails - finds local hikes including dog friendly ones

My Fitness Pal

• Like 4

The storm front has mostly passed through our area, though lots of slow rain lingers.  We fared well here, though parts to the south of us got tornadoes and/or hail.  I do hope everyone is okay, no one seriously hurt.  The air is a lot cooler than before the storm front, but the "drier air" hasn't had a chance yet -- I guess after the rain finally ends, though the draining and standing water will replace some humidity into the air.  Our driveway lake is back because detritus covered over the drain, but the water is subsiding and we aren't expecting anyone here to our front door, so instead of wading out to clear the drain cover I'm just letting it drain itself.

This morning as part of class time I read aloud the first chapter to Rabbit Hill, a favorite old book.  The weather and allergies are stultifying brains here, so that was the easier way of covering DD12's reading for the day, and carries the bonus of sucking DD15 into the story, too.

• Like 4

As I am able to turn my thoughts to becoming healthy again I downloaded a few apps including:

Night Mode - removes blue light from phone

FIT Radio - already made playlist for different workouts, no commercials

Clue - a period tracker that gives insights to your cycle and health

7 Minute Workout - a HIIT thing

All Trails - finds local hikes including dog friendly ones

My Fitness Pal

Please let us know how the night mode app works for you after a few nights, and which one you downloaded.

I do like MyFitnessPal, though I don't use it all of the time.

• Like 1

We were under tornado watch this morning, and the lightning was almost touching down in my yard. But the storm has passed us as well, with no major damage.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

Glad you fared well, too!

Critter, how goes it in your neck of the woods?  Arkansas looks a bit stormy, too....

• Like 1

Please let us know how the night mode app works for you after a few nights, and which one you downloaded.

I do like MyFitnessPal, though I don't use it all of the time.

I downloaded it last night and I really like it! It's called Night Mode.

I got My Fitness Pal because I'm getting a Garmin with my tax return and they work together. I tried Spark People, but I really don't care for it.

• Like 1

I started reading The Last Unicorn last night.  It was recommended by Critterfixer.  I think that this book would be superb as an audiobook or a read-aloud.  CF, I think that I'm going to come visit you for a week.  You can make gluten-free goodies and read The Last Unicorn to me.  Let me know when it would be convenient for you.  Thanks! ;)

• Like 6

We started reading a book about PA history last night, and the conversation morphed, as any good homeschool conversation does.  Suddenly we were talking about the size of the universe and different theories about the expansion of the universe and worm holes and infinity and even Sponge Bob :lol: .  That was me.  :smilielol5: A few different times kiddo was jumping up and down about something WOW that just occurred to him.  I puffy heart ♥ homeschooling.

Remind me of this when I say I want to put him in PS, okay?

• Like 9

Y'all know you are welcome to drop by anytime for GF goodies and story-time. :001_smile:

I'm editing and rewriting material I worked on during down time over the weekend. Probably won't take long--I didn't have much down time. I also need to work over a chapter for a member of the writers' group. 

• Like 6

Thanks again for all the well wishes.  I puffy heart love the ITT.

Critter, I liked your advice a lot and will think about how that applies to me.  I think I've been doing this and maybe didn't know it, but now need to do it more deliberately.

So we've been to piano lesson and back, gotten a good bit of school completed.  I have to take one to his volunteer chess job at a nearby school.  And then after supper a different one has a basketball game.  Three separate trips to town.  But I do have chicken in the crock pot and I did get two loads of laundry through on the quick cycle and I did run the dishwasher.  Mom is grabbing a couple things at the grocery for me this afternoon.  And I'm drinking decaf (which is the strongest coffee I can handle in the afternoon.  :lol: )

• Like 8

We are off to music lessons and orchestra class in a few minutes but I wanted to stop by and ketchup and say

💗💗💗💗Happy Valentine's Day ITT!💗💗💗💗

Ds21 stopped by unexpectedly earlier - he said he was in the area and sheepishly asked if it was OK if he made himself a sandwich for lunch before heading back to the university. As if - he could hardly peel the Youngers off himself. So he ate a sandwich and we chatted and the Youngers made him Valentines and shoved chocolates and stickers in his coat pockets. 💞

Critter, we seem to have about the same weather today - 40 degrees and drizzly. Blah. No icy stuff expected, at least.

• Like 8

Oooh.  I was able to look at the menu and order from the truck online!  And then I look to see when it is ready and can drive the three minutes to get it!  Cool beans!  :coolgleamA: (Dd says that saying that proves that I'm not cool but I'm not listening to her. . .)

:huh:

I guess there are advantages to being city folk. 

• Like 6

I downloaded it last night and I really like it! It's called Night Mode.

I got My Fitness Pal because I'm getting a Garmin with my tax return and they work together. I tried Spark People, but I really don't care for it.

Can you tell us the maker of the Night Mode app, please?  I'm finding several with the same exact name.

This Booya is for Slashie.  Because pestering Slashie.

Edited by AMJ
  • Like 3

I started reading The Last Unicorn last night.  It was recommended by Critterfixer.  I think that this book would be superb as an audiobook or a read-aloud.  CF, I think that I'm going to come visit you for a week.  You can make gluten-free goodies and read The Last Unicorn to me.  Let me know when it would be convenient for you.  Thanks! ;)

ME TOO, ME TOO!

Hot dawg, goodies and read-alouds party at Critter's!  I'll bring the cocoa!  I've got some BLACK cocoa....

• Like 5

I may or may not have gotten green smoothie all over the wall and/or baby.

That'll teach you to read funny FB responses while drinking a smoothie and holding the baby!

#spittakeshappen

• Like 1

Thanks again for all the well wishes.  I puffy heart love the ITT.

Critter, I liked your advice a lot and will think about how that applies to me.  I think I've been doing this and maybe didn't know it, but now need to do it more deliberately.

So we've been to piano lesson and back, gotten a good bit of school completed.  I have to take one to his volunteer chess job at a nearby school.  And then after supper a different one has a basketball game.  Three separate trips to town.  But I do have chicken in the crock pot and I did get two loads of laundry through on the quick cycle and I did run the dishwasher.  Mom is grabbing a couple things at the grocery for me this afternoon.  And I'm drinking decaf (which is the strongest coffee I can handle in the afternoon.  :lol: )

Our weather has cleared up nicely, but I am keeping DD12 home from Aikido because she's clammy and a little dizzy.  Could be weather, could be allergies.  Doesn't need to Aikido today.  I told her she can pass out her candy heart box valentines to the class on Thursday instead.

We will have leftovers for supper because there are way too many things of food cluttering up the fridge.  Tonight's plan was the stewed meat tacos (can't remember the word that meant "stewed"), but I left the meat in the freezer.  I might get more meat and make it this weekend instead -- Mexican-food-loving BIL & Family will be down for President's Day weekend.

Someone (probably Slashie) shared a breakfast smoothie recipe link -- a recipe calling for coffee.  I bought myself some mini packets of instant decaf, since I'm the only one in the house that will even touch the stuff, and not very often.  I usually like a little coffee with my cream & sugar, and I can't have that much anymore.  This smoothie promises to let me enjoy the flavor somewhat, however.

• Like 2

Oooh.  I was able to look at the menu and order from the truck online!  And then I look to see when it is ready and can drive the three minutes to get it!  Cool beans!  :coolgleamA: (Dd says that saying that proves that I'm not cool but I'm not listening to her. . .)

Kids do not understand cool.  They are just inexperienced copycats.  It takes decades to truly understand cool.   :coolgleamA:

• Like 5

I'd make a lotta bacon, but I have a recipe that calls for bacon scheduled for Thursday. So I have to restrain myself. :laugh:

Around this house if I made bacon today I will have to make more tomorrow.  Bacon doesn't hang out here very often.

• Like 1

Huh. Night mode is built in to my iPhone. I just assumed all a smart phones had that.

M Kindle has it.

Does it eliminate blue light?

Yes, and I have it on a timer so it comes on automatically. again, this is the Kindle; I don't have it on my phone.

• Like 1