• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

2 pm and friend still isn't here at the restaurant. I'm starving!

:huh:

What time were you supposed to meet?  Can you text her?

I think that if she's more than half an hour late I would just go ahead and eat without her.

:grouphug:

Edited by Junie
  • Like 5

Now the printer is rejecting my yellow generic ink cartridge (which it seemed OK with yesterday) and says I'm out of magenta, which it said was 1/4 full yesterday. I don't know. We are out of discretionary money. Maybe we can borrow $20 from ds12 and get the last 15 cards printed at Kinkos. They use crappy paper.

I didn't mention that after dh was able to unfreeze his car door this morning, it wouldn't latch shut. We don't know if the latch is broken or just stuck, but we can't drive it. Ds21's car is acting like the battery or alternator are going out, even though they both tested yesterday as being fine, so we can't drive that car either.

My mom wants to go Christmas shopping, but we can't go anywhere.

Bah humbug.

• Like 1

Happy birthday Renai. Happy birthday 8yo twins.  Sorry about the news re Mr. H.

Go people who are house cleaning.

This is kind of embarrassing, but we have spent a couple of days cleaning out our girls' bedrooms, and the bedrooms were so filthy dusty that I am now suffering from a full-on dust allergy-induced cold, and considering stealing my husband's hayfever medication. 

Now we are laundrying, schooling, and musicking. 

• Like 7

DH is home today. We got rid of the kids and went out to lunch! That was nice. Now we're home! I found a chicken in the deep dark recesses of the freezer, so I roasted it and am now boiling the carcass for some tasty soup for dinner. And I taught my middle DD how to make oatmeal molasses batter bread. I love batter bread. It's quick and easy and I don't have to worry about kneading with little ones. And you gotta have fresh bread with soup.

Susan, I hope you can get the ink and car problems dealt with without having to fork out a bunch of 💰💰!

Critter got luck multi-tasking.

Isabel, hope the allergies go away. Just don't take Susan's decongestant.😆

• Like 6

Believe me, after digging through four structural components of the novel, "potboiler" takes on a whole new meaning. :glare: I like revising. I hate thinking about revision. It's amazing how much stunned silence followed by disgusted growling comes out of my mouth when asked to answer questions like: What is your great idea for a novel? What one element or focus makes you excited about your concept? Try to explain in one sentence what makes your novel unique, original and compelling?

:svengo:  :willy_nilly:  :crying:  I have no great ideas. No clue. Shoot me now. :nopity: <Runs around the room cackling like a crazy chicken> 

Condensing a story of 219,000 words into one sentence is hard work, y'all. But I'll get there. 

• Like 7

It's time to drag out the zombie novels. When I am feeling grumpy over life, I can tell myself, "at least it's not the zombie apocalypse. " :D

Have you read a Harry Bosch novel? I think you might like them! (Said in an enticing, yet hushed whisper, as I open the side of my trench coat to reveal a dozen Harry Bosch novels)
  • Like 6

I've had my nails and toes done once and two massages and I have not liked any of it. I like it when Matt gives me a massage, so I imagine I would if I found a good masseuse.

How do you feel about other hands on your body? I have issues. That may be why I haven't had it done yet. I do have a chiro I trust. :D

• Like 4