• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Good morning! This week has been so crazy with the running errands and appointments and school and so much to do. All of that has been done. So we're starting our break week 2 days early. Because we need it.

My to do list for today:

Drink coffee

Light candles

Dinner in the slow cooker

Read

ITT

That's it. I'm not doing anything else.

• Like 7

You know when you have one of those dreams about going to school and you end up having to take a test in a class you've never been in before?

I just realized there is a piece we are performing in the chamber orchestra concert tonight that I have never rehearsed with them. How could this happen? (Except that they rehearsed it in the 1-1/2 rehearsals that I've missed.) Fortunately it is a popular piece so I know what it sounds like and I played it maybe 20 years ago. Rats.

• Like 4

Good morning! This week has been so crazy with the running errands and appointments and school and so much to do. All of that has been done. So we're starting our break week 2 days early. Because we need it.

My to do list for today:

Drink coffee

Light candles

Dinner in the slow cooker

Read

ITT

That's it. I'm not doing anything else.

Excellent!  I'm jealous.

Definitely taking off next week (except for last co-op day), just so I can catch up laundry, kitchen, paying bills, straighten house, and clean a tiny bit.  (sorry, no time for parallel structure today!)  

• Like 4

You know when you have one of those dreams about going to school and you end up having to take a test in a class you've never been in before?

I just realized there is a piece we are performing in the chamber orchestra concert tonight that I have never rehearsed with them. How could this happen? (Except that they rehearsed it in the 1-1/2 rehearsals that I've missed.) Fortunately it is a popular piece so I know what it sounds like and I played it maybe 20 years ago. Rats.

You got this!  It will be great!

• Like 1

Amazon has a lightning deal that just started on cold press watercolor paper. $5.96. 

If it is Arches 140 or 300, you have my permission to buy it. :laugh: I've been through multiple books now, and all of them say Arches 140 is the best to start with. I have art in another hour or so. DH is home and going to mill around in the woods later. He used to hunt (remember that I said I like venison?) but now he just wanders around in orange and soaks up the atmosphere. I've corrupted him...

I've got a new art project planned for my wall. Very fantasy-esque. I'll likely get a start on it today.

• Like 2

Hi! I'm glad I'm not the only one with issues. Okay, so...

Coffee.

We got tickets to Cirque du Soleil in December.

I think I know what's wrong with my mom and I *definitely* don't have it. This is a huge relief.

I got a lot of housework done yesterday. And organized my Pinterest.

I really wanted to start a book basket thread yesterday but found a ton of cool stuff on my own. :D

Still sick, but much, much better.

Anyway, about that coffee...

• Like 6

If it is Arches 140 or 300, you have my permission to buy it. :laugh: I've been through multiple books now, and all of them say Arches 140 is the best to start with. I have art in another hour or so. DH is home and going to mill around in the woods later. He used to hunt (remember that I said I like venison?) but now he just wanders around in orange and soaks up the atmosphere. I've corrupted him...

I've got a new art project planned for my wall. Very fantasy-esque. I'll likely get a start on it today.

It is U.S. Art Supply 90 lb.

• Like 1

On my walls:

An artist from Cincinnati named John Nartker, mostly oil paintings.

Big cats that were in my grandparents house.

A beautiful painting (?) of Noah's ark.

A photo of Matt and I kissing covered in cake at our wedding.

The Declaration of Independence and Constitution.

Cheap, pretty prints from dollar stores with no sentimental value for the bathrooms.

Kid pics.

Oh, and a Fabe. Phabe? I don't art.

• Like 5

We're starting late this morning. Ds has a cold and as of last night, he wasn't going to school today (no fever, just wasn't feeling good). So, I'm thinking, "yay, I get to sleep in." So, I sleep in and I'm in the middle of leisurely coffee-ing and ITTing when I see a note from Dh saying DS wants to go to school. Which I find amazing. He's failing 2 classes, but still wants to go to school. Which is why I really hope he can pull up his grades so we can send him to Christian High School next year. He seems to like going. Anyhow, so I get him up, make his lunch, throw some sweats on and then take him to school. But then I came home and had to shower, etc. Now, I'm breakfasting and ITTing and thinking, "gee, we need to start school, but I don't want to!"

• Like 5

I am back from Aldi and Publix. Another reason I love Aldi is for the caramel wafers, stollen, and other imported goodies they bring out for the Christmas season. I stocked up on treats and hot chocolate for Advent Sundays.

Publix had organic sparkling white grape juice on sale for $1.49. ðŸ‘

Do you guys have any favorite Christmas morning breakfasts? I'm thinking a slow cooker or refrigerate-and-bake-in-the-morning breakfast would be nice.

• Like 3

I am back from Aldi and Publix. Another reason I love Aldi is for the caramel wafers, stollen, and other imported goodies they bring out for the Christmas season. I stocked up on treats and hot chocolate for Advent Sundays.

Publix had organic sparkling white grape juice on sale for $1.49. ðŸ‘

Do you guys have any favorite Christmas morning breakfasts? I'm thinking a slow cooker or refrigerate-and-bake-in-the-morning breakfast would be nice.

I'm thinking of making monkey bread this year.

• Like 1

Nopers. Mine is June 20. Not even my half-birthday.

Sad, sad day.

(I just did the googling. It's an amazing tool. haha)

I just assumed you knew because it was your birthday. The first flight happened on my birthday. Something also happened with Hitler, but I can't remember what it is. Yay.

• Like 1