• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Pregnancy & lactation can do that. Before kids I had very small, dense, lumpy breasts -- I could go braless and no one would notice or care. After pregnancy & lactating the lumpiness broke down (which is a good thing) and everything not only got a bit bigger, it got saggier. I can understand going from an A cup to a C cup, but all the way to a G (UK) or I (US)? I think I want to find a store that carries those sizes to try them on without buying.

I'm willing to give it a try, but I'm not fully convinced yet.

This is what happened to me. In my younger years I was a B cup, and after nursing 6 kids and adding quite a bit more weight, my boobs are still about a C cup. The "new measurement method" had me in a G/I which would mean my boobs are bigger than my head.

PSA: DO NOT buy a size G bra before trying it on! :D

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 1

I love rhubarb! Rhubarb crisp, rhubarb strawberry pie, rubarb apple pie, rhubarb cake, rhubarb sauce on ice cream...

I valiantly tried to grow rhubarb (7 years ago when I was young and foolish and believed gardening was a thing I could do) and it was a failure. It is massivly expensive at the store, though sometimes you can find frozen rhubarb pretty cheap.

:iagree:   One more reason why Susan is my BFF.  

Don't you all have something you're supposed to be doing right now?

Ummmmmm, here on the east coast, we're finished with school by 4:00.  Well most of us.  

• Like 1

Feeling a bit sad.

My kids dance. I know nothing about dance. They have been doing it at our park and rec. It was ok. Than this last spring I spent 600 or 700 bucks having them in classes. They are taught by college kids. They play with bean bags and parachutes. Even in the classes for the 8 and 10 year olds. They really are not specific on technique at all. Kids don't listen.

The Thursday before the Saturday recital they still didn't really know what the outfits were going to be. It was just a wreck.

So we are switching to a park and rec in another town that is run more like a studio but with the park and rec prices. Their recitals look like broadway shows compared to ours. Well hopefully we are switching. Registration is this weekend. I pray we get in.

So why am I sad? I am looking at the signup forms for our towns park and rec dance, thinking should I? I could. We could?

Ugh. The other one is so much better so why am I sad about leaving? Why do I kind of want to go back?

Separation anxiety. Sentimentality. Comfort in the familiar. Lots of reasonable reasons. I always go through this when leaving one thing for another even when I KNOW the new thing is where we need to be.

It will be OK. If you try the new program and realize you prefer the parks & rec program, just go back next year or next semester.

• Like 4

LIKE! I miss snow!

I've never lived in a place with snow. We "go to the snow" once in a while, to the mountains. But, it's not a whole lot of fun. We drive up there, the kids play for a while, but they are never dressed for it, because we go so rarely that it would be crazy to buy snow pants or something to play in the snow of a couple of hours once every year or two. So, they play until they are wet and miserable, we change into dry clothes in the car and then come home. Last time we went to the snow, it was hard and crusty since it hadn't snowed in weeks, and the kids kept slipping and falling on the ice and getting hurt. It was not fun! So....snow isn't really a part of our reality.

Feeling a bit sad.   

My kids dance.  I know nothing about dance.  They have been doing it at our park and rec.   It was ok.  Than this last spring I spent 600 or 700 bucks having them in classes.  They are taught by college kids.  They play with bean bags and parachutes.  Even in the classes for the  8 and 10 year olds.  They really are not specific on technique at all.  Kids don't listen.  

The Thursday before the Saturday recital they still didn't really know what the outfits were going to be.  It was just a wreck. 

So we are switching to a park and rec in another town that is run more like a studio but with the park and rec prices.  Their recitals look like broadway shows compared to ours.  Well hopefully we are switching.  Registration is this weekend.  I pray we get in.

So why am I sad?  I am looking at the signup forms for our towns park and rec dance, thinking should I?   I could.  We could? 

Ugh.  The other one is so much better so why am I sad about leaving?  Why do I kind of want to go back? 

Because you are loyal, even when there is no need to be.  Try the other class for a while and see how you like it.  You could always switch back at a later date if you really want to.

When I stopped working I let my boss & coworkers know that it was due to family needs -- I was stretched too thin and needed to let something go.  They told me if I changed my mind I was to come on back -- always nice to hear.  MIL worked (until retirement) for another group at the same company, and would tell me about people we both knew and the various goings-on at work.  I felt guilty for the longest time for having left them, especially since one of the tasks I handled was a regular nightmare.  It took a few months before I stopped angsting over the decision daily, and several more for me to stop having guilty twinges every so often.

• Like 3

Please tell me I'm not the only one with a moustache here. Please? And a unibrow? And chin hair? And chest hair? If not for modern technology I'd be in the circus.

You are not the only one.  

• Like 2

This is what happened to me. In my younger years I was a B cup, and after nursing 6 kids and adding quite a bit more weight, my boobs are still about a C cup. The "new measurement method" had me in a G/I which would mean my boobs are bigger than my head.

PSA: DO NOT buy a size G bra before trying it on! :D

Yeah, but I tried the old traditional method of measuring and only had a 1" difference in the bust measurements, which surprised me.  I have a whole lot of sag and not that much filling anymore.

ETA to clarify:  I tried both the old and new measurement strategies and they were both pretty close.  I suspect it is the uneven distribution of back fat the back muscles I'm developing that is causing my bust measurement to be so much bigger than my band measurement.

Edited by AMJ

What should I have for dinner?  I am so over this cooking thing. 

We have enough stuff cooked up from previous nights this week DH and the girls get to to the fridge foraging again tonight.  I will, too, or I will make chapple salad again.

We're going out to dinner with Nana after the short person finishes tutoring. Come join us! The restaurant has fabulous homemade pot pies.

Oh I wish I could!  That sounds so nice.

We have enough stuff cooked up from previous nights this week DH and the girls get to to the fridge foraging again tonight.  I will, too, or I will make chapple salad again.

Dd has offered to make garlic chicken and pasta for the family.  I will toss a gf frozen dinner into the micro for myself.  What is chapple salad? 

I am soaking some yarn in hopes I can make it color-fast, and to see what "bloomed" yarn looks and feels like.  I'm a little paranoid about making coasters for gifts only to have the recipients get mad at me if the wet coasters leave stains from the yarn dyes on the furniture.

Part of my brain says I'm overthinking this, but part of me is truly worried about the possibility.

• Like 1

Oh I wish I could!  That sounds so nice.

Dd has offered to make garlic chicken and pasta for the family.  I will toss a gf frozen dinner into the micro for myself.  What is chapple salad? 

Chicken apple salad, basically diced cooked chicken, finely diced apple (granny smith apples are great in this), salt & pepper & any other seasonings you might like, maybe some dried cranberries (DD15 doesn't like dried fruit and they are rather high in sugar so I tend to leave them out), and enough yogurt of choice to act as a dressing.  Noosa's honey yogurt is especially nice, but I've been good and using a lower-sugar yogurt my dr recommended.

My family likes to contract names of things, especially compound names of things.  Though they really don't like doing the cutesy name-blending of couples, like "Brangelina".  Cran-apple juice is "crapple juice" here.

• Like 2

I'm. So. Tired. 8:50 p.m. here in the eastern portion of the midwest, and I'm going to bed.

See you tomorrow!

Me, too.  I kept falling asleep on the couch.  Getting up hurt because I stiffened up again.  Bedtime here now, too.

Good night, sweethearts!

• Like 1

Liked because snarky. Unliked because SUSAN!? :crying:

:D

Of course, Susan.  .... and Dawn.... and Slache... and Renai, and Ikslo, and Krissi, and Jean, and Junie, and Ellie (can we be BFF with the Queen?), and JJM and Critter and AMJ and Prairie, and Mary and Stephanina and LanaLou and Heather and Tex and maybe a few others.   :willy_nilly:  :svengo:

• Like 7

:D

Of course, Susan. .... and Dawn.... and Slache... and Renai, and Ikslo, and Krissi, and Jean, and Junie, and Ellie (can we be BFF with the Queen?), and JJM and Critter and AMJ and Prairie, and Mary and Stephanina and LanaLou and Heather and Tex and maybe a few others. :willy_nilly: :svengo:

I don't know how to feel about this.

Ugh. Ever since I downloaded the Pokémon Go update, the game has a hard time communicating with gps. Without that, there's no catching, stops, gyms, or hatching eggs. I don't expect ya'll to understand my angst, so just agree with me.

:iagree:   Smile and nod.

#clueless

• Like 3

Ugh. Ever since I downloaded the Pokémon Go update, the game has a hard time communicating with gps. Without that, there's no catching, stops, gyms, or hatching eggs. I don't expect ya'll to understand my angst, so just agree with me.

It's horrible! :banghead:

It's a pokebooya!

Edited by Slache
  • Like 5