Menu

Ignore this thread!

3 hours ago, KrissiK said:

We are having egg salad sandwiches for lunch.

I love egg salad!  My kids had leftover sweet & yellow potatoes, leftover zucchini bread, and cottage cheese with peaches and pineapple.  They were less than impressed, and I haven’t yet convinced them of the gloriousness of cottage cheese with pineapple. 

3 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I know what should go on your Christmas list!

?

• Like 1

My husband drove 40 minutes to the church to get my paycheck and 40 minutes home... without the check. An hour and 20 minutes. For nothing. I called to make sure he had the check in his hand, I told him NOT to go back into the building, that if he did go back into the building to set it down, but he didn't. He took it in the building and left it there. I should have called him 5 minutes after the first call. I usually do. Silly me.

• Sad 5

Workers showed up today to begin foundation repair on my beautiful home. They drilled holes around the perimeter (including through the patio), found bedrock 20 feet down. o_0 Tomorrow they'll begin drilling inside the house, and somehow they will connect the piers in all the holes and level the house.  Mr. Ellie moved my computer upstairs to a guest room, as the room we use for an office will be gutted pretty soon (new hardwood flooring in the whole house, paint the office). I had to stay home from church tonight to conserve my mental energy.

that is all.

Edited by Ellie
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ellie said:

Workers showed up today to begin foundation repair on my beautiful home. They drilled holes around the perimeter (including through the patio), found bedrock 20 feet down. o_0 Tomorrow they'll begin drilling inside the house, and somehow they will connect the piers in all the holes and level the house.  Mr. Ellie moved my computer upstairs to a guest room, as the room we use for an office will be gutted pretty soon (new hardwood flooring in the whole house, paint the office). I had to stay home from church tonight to conserve my mental energy.

that is all.

Yikes.

Oh my goodness!  I forgot to tell you guys about my trip to the grocery store.  So, youngest Ds and I walk into the grocery store this afternoon and we see this guy standing in line wearing a Spongebob head, a white tshirt, his underwear and shoes and he had the Spongebob theme song playing really loudly on his phone.  The manager did ask him to leave, I laughed so hard.

Edited by mama25angels
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I haven’t either. Locals don’t use them here on the PNW.   Most drizzle or mist just blows up under the umbrella anyway.  Gortex, however, is our best friend. 

Well, yeah, but Junie isn't in the PNW. :-)

Sometimes I pretend I'm in Seattle and leave the umbrella behind, but sometimes I just want the umbrella. ?

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Ellie said:

Well, yeah, but Junie isn't in the PNW. :-)

Sometimes I pretend I'm in Seattle and leave the umbrella behind, but sometimes I just want the umbrella. ?

When I was in Copenhagen, they had rain a lot like the PNW - we soon learned that it wasn't really worth hauling out the umbrella.  In Goteborg, Sweden, though, we had a true gully-washer and needed full rain gear plus golfing umbrella.  Sadly, we only had our ultra compact travel umbrella.  

Good morning.

I don't use umbrellas either and we get real rain here.  I always just found them annoying and I seemed to get wetter trying to juggle opening and closing it while getting in and out of the car, holding other packages or purse, helping kids.  Just more trouble than it's worth.  

Ds, on the other hand, carries an umbrella everytime it looks like there could possible be a drop of rain.   As long as he's careful not to hit anyone with it, and doesn't hold us up too much, he's welcome to.

I'm going to vote with oldest dd at 9.  We were supposed to go at 8 but she's running late.  

• Like 5

Good morning!

No one here is happy about being awake. There were a couple tornadoes in the area, but mostly well south of here.  In recent years we have become more diligent in making everyone get to the basement in a storm even when we feel pretty certain that it's not going to hit our house because you rarely know until it's too late to get to safety.

We like umbrellas here.  I get a little overly excited when Aldi puts them out for sale in the fall.  I usually only use one when I need to protect things like instruments or orchestra music or books from getting wet (and that's 80% of the time I leave the house).

Coffee!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3

I have had an itchy bite on my ankle since we went to a beach the first week of September! Should I:

a- go to the doctor (hahaha, noh)

b- continue alternating between ignoring it and scratching it

c- light a match, stick a safety pin in, jab it into the bite, and see what happens

I’m thinking c...?

Edited by Paige
Bugs bite Booyah
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Paige said:

I have had an itchy bite on my ankle since we went to a beach the first week of September! Should I:

c- light a match, stick a safety pin in, jab it into the bite, and see what happens

I’m thinking c...?

I would put some hydrocortisone cream on it and cover it with a bandaid so I couldn't scratch it.

I also might try some Benadryl if it didn't matter if I slept all day.

• Like 3

Dd14 told me last night that she wanted to self-study Latin.

I told her I had a textbook that I could give her.  She's apparently someone serious about this, because she reminded me a few minutes ago that I forgot to give her the book.

I pulled the book off the shelf and showed her how the lessons are set up.  She smiled when I handed her the book.

Any advice that I should give her?

This is the book we have.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

It looks like when we move to Texas I will have to actually go vote, which is butt because right now I do it by mail. I can get out of it if I either go to jail or Mexico every voting season. I'll have to think about that.

6 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

Revelation with two other ladies.

Are you using a text? I love Ryrie. :wub:

• Like 2

We had a casualty from the storm last night.  Somehow the steel wire mesh, the clear plastic sheeting, and the entire string of Christmas lights were lifted off Lynette and onto the deck this morning.  Lynette was partially uprooted and languishing on her side.  The baby is OK and it seems that all her leaves are intact.  I am baffled that the lights, which were wrapped around her several times in and out of branches, managed to end up on the deck without Lynette. I have tried to get everything back into place and put in a support to keep her upright, but we'll have to wait and see if she recovers.  

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Paige said:

I’m thinking c...?

Clean it with some witch hazel or rubbing alcohol.  Apply Neosporin and a bandaid.  Do this every day. After this much time I'm worried it will become infected.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paige said:

I’m thinking c...?

Put tea tree oil on it religiously until it goes away. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Clean it with some witch hazel or rubbing alcohol.  Apply Neosporin and a bandaid.  Do this every day. After this much time I'm worried it will become infected.

The skin's not broken. Would it still help? It is just an itchy itchy bump. There used to be bunches of them but there's only 2-3 that are lingering.

I have visions of them being filled with some weird bug's babies or something because I watch too much tv or read too much.

• Like 1