• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

I have a poem for my first book, and my second. The poem composed for the second book was something sung as a lullaby in the first book. As I was reading today, I realized that I think I have the poem for the third, assuming I get to write a trilogy. Ironically, it's the poem the protagonist recites during that "dark moment of the soul" toward the end of the book.

That was kind of cool--that third poem is incomplete, but I've got bits and pieces of it. It will come together. The opening lines have that third book feel to them, though.

• Like 5

I want a nap. I think I'll have another cup of tea instead. I still have editing and housekeeping to do this afternoon, and I mean to make pizza crusts.

ETA: Nix the pizza--I don't have any tomato sauce to make marinara. The boys stated they would have sandwiches. Okay by me!

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 1

Dutch Babies

We've been over this before. No eating Dutch babies. #parentofdutchbabies

I don't know what Andersons is, but I am down with 1/2 price!

Exactly! It's a local or regional chain (not sure). They also sell roast beef sandwiches (and hot dogs, fries, etc). 

I just signed the kids up for violin/guitar lessons. Or rather, for a trial lesson. They need to get back to me on that, but I talked to the person on the phone, and filled out the registration form and paid the $20/kid registration fee (so, it's not like we'll be getting free trial lessons, but, that's fine. I'm okay with paying $20 for a trial lesson when lessons start at $30/30 min). And, they rent instruments, so I don't have to worry about buying the 6yo a violin (I probably won't want to worry about until he's big enough for a 1/2 size at least, I'd think... he's probably 1/4 size now, given that I started with a 1/4 size when I'd just turned 8 and he's probably almost as big). 

• Like 5

We are also expecting you to get to bed at a recent hour.   :toetap05:  :toetap05:  :toetap05:

You can let us know tomorrow if this worked.

It worked on me, and I didn't even read this until just now!

Of course, it just might have been the headache that caused me to go to bed at a decent hour (I just realized you mistyped... I did not go to bed at a recent hour - I went to bed about 30 min after you posted that, not before). 

• Like 2

DD16 that until she gets with him over TWO math lessons she can't have any electronic entertainment.  He wants HER to drive her math, coming to him when she has stuff for him to check or needs help with something, and yet she is unclear

Totally misread that as nuclear. Which apparently is an anagram for unclear. Huh.

Boomyah!

Edited by luuknam
  • Like 3

no odd sticky substances on the floor

no dirty socks or 4 yo underwear on or under the furniture

no pink ring of shame around the toilet bowl, no toothpaste smears in the sink

Really, my standards are low, but this house gets amazingly dirty quickly.

ETClarify:  My 4 yo leaves underwear randomly everywhere around the house. She likes to change her outfit umpty bazillion times a day, and her detritus is left behind.  My 11 yo likes to change socks in the same manner. No one agreed to my plan to burn all of the socks and become a sock free house even though we live in the tropics.

ETC2:  Because I live in a warm humid place, ring around the toilet bowl forms every three days.  I never had it in our previous homes.

Edited by kbeal
  • Like 1

The odd dirt covered sticky spot doesn't bother me. The weird squelching sound ones that leave the bottom of your foot or shoe sticky should be mopped before inviting over 40 women.

Probably true...

On the other hand, if you serve drinks, with that many people everybody will assume somebody else spilled something.

• Like 5

So, I know I do a lot of drive-by postings lately. Such is the nature of my life. :( 
But, I have to share our conversation on the way to speech today. 

Riv: So, funny thing, Mom. I thought that the sun was Jesus. I now he's not. But I mean, I STILL don't understand that. The Bible says that Jesus is the son, but you tell me that he is NOT the sun. So I don't know what he really is.

**we discuss the sun/son confusion**

Riv: So...Jesus is a son. Because he is a boy child of God. He is a son because he was borned.
When was God borned?

Me: God wasn't born, baby. God had just been alive for ever and ever and ever.

Riv: Mom - really. He was borned. Jesus is God and God is Jesus. Jesus was borned, so God is borned and that means God is a son. So, who is God's mom and dad?

Me: umm, Well...That isn't in the Bible.

Riv: So...you don't know. Got it.

Sometimes, I think I need a PhD in theology to raise this child.

• Like 8

My kids order stuff with their own money from Amazon.  They get really excited when the boxes come and open them in the living room.  It takes me FOREVER to get them to clean up the boxes and detritus from the living room.

Dh will finally get around to DIY  stuff.  Which is great.  But then he will leave leftover screws and tools in whatever room he was working in.  it takes me FOREVER to get him to clean up the DIY detritus.

I need a specialized Roomba that will sweep up people's detritus and then distribute it to their rooms. 

• Like 4

Dear Riv.   Jesus is special because He is both God and man at the same time.  Before He became a man, He was God.  He was not born as God because God was always there.  But God had a special job for Jesus that He could only do as a man so He sent Jesus to be born as a baby.  We celebrate the day He was born as Christmas. 

• Like 6

Trigger warning. Edpo. Brag alert:

I've still got a headache... but apparently, Broccoli does not, because while he whined about being tired while doing math earlier today, he did just bring me a long division problem to check while I was on the toilet, and got the correct answer. :) 5383/3=1794R1. And then he proceeded to check his own work by adding, and messed up the addition. :(

ETA: Reported! (gosh, I keep forgetting all the things I need to write)

Edited by luuknam
  • Like 2

Dear Riv. Jesus is special because He is both God and man at the same time. Before He became a man, He was God. He was not born as God because God was always there. But God had a special job for Jesus that He could only do as a man so He sent Jesus to be born as a baby. We celebrate the day He was born as Christmas.

Excellent answer. Deserves more than just a "like"!
  • Like 4

3/4 of my house looks presentable. This is a huge improvement over this morning.

1/4 of my house looks presentable. This is normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are supposed to have part of our house look presentable?   :leaving:

• Like 4

It worked on me, and I didn't even read this until just now!

Of course, it just might have been the headache that caused me to go to bed at a decent hour (I just realized you mistyped... I did not go to bed at a recent hour - I went to bed about 30 min after you posted that, not before). 

Argh!  (outta likes)

and

Auugh!  (Charlie Brown yell of frustration)  but also  :lol:  over my typo.

• Like 1