Menu

Ignore this thread!

Good morning!

How can I be outta likes? I just woke up! Humph!

Silly Renai, you got the a.m. and p.m. mixed up on your clock!

Dh is taking the day off work which really means he's working from home but with fewer people complaining at him in person. Tonight we go see dd18's theater fundraiser performance - it's a "Broadway Through Time" kind of show. Dd is singing "Gimme Gimme" ( here's her hero, Sutton Foster, singing it: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IYmjDSpGmtE ) and a duet from Little Women ( https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tSZjUySkaSk ) and a few group pieces, tbd depending on who has the flu. Tomorrow Choir Boy and his sister are coming to see it.

Coffee!

• Like 5

Good Morning!!

COFFEE!!☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸

Ever since I started taking this herbal junk to help me sleep better I've been having bizarre dreams. Last night I was on this transport ship that travled underwater on the way to Russia for a field trip for my DS's school. We made it to Russia, but the transport ship only stopped long enough for half of us go get off and meet our guide and then kept going. DH and I ended up getting off in some city miles away from where we were supposed to be, we had little money in our pockets and spoke no Russian. Fortunately, that's when I woke up.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 6

Ever since I started taking this herbal junk to help me sleep better I've been having bizarre dreams. Last night I was on this transport ship that travled underwater on the way to Russia for a field trip for my DS's school. We made it to Russia, but the transport ship only stopped long enough for half of us go get off and meet our guide and then kept going. DH and I ended up getting off in some city miles away from where we were supposed to be, we had little money in our pockets and spoke no Russian. Fortunately, that's when I woke up. 

The herbal I take now and then also contains melatonin. 1 tablet is okay--I have my usual quota of wild dreams. 2 tablets and I'm certified crazy in dreamland. I call it my magic green medicine. :laugh:

• Like 2

The herbal I take now and then also contains melatonin. 1 tablet is okay--I have my usual quota of wild dreams. 2 tablets and I'm certified crazy in dreamland. I call it my magic green medicine. :laugh:

This stuff has Valerian root and Passion flower and a few other things. No melatonin. It has helped me sleep better, I seem to be more relaxed, but the dreams are weird.
  • Like 1

Y'all, please help me remember Renai's class tomorrow!!

Crazy week! I am now assistant director at work!!

Class time this afternoon!  Renai's class is today!   :party:  :party:

• Like 4

I didn't want to go to rehearsal tonight, but I practiced the music for 20 minutes and I'm glad I went. Danzón No. 2 is good for the soul.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXeWiixwEz4

Remind me that my body does not like it when I eat corn.

Good night! Sweet dreams!

Such wonderful music!

• Like 1

I didn't want to go to rehearsal tonight, but I practiced the music for 20 minutes and I'm glad I went. Danzón No. 2 is good for the soul.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXeWiixwEz4

Remind me that my body does not like it when I eat corn.

Good night! Sweet dreams!

That song is awesome! I like the director. And the piccolo. I played piccolo in marching band in junior high. I loved it. It was like driving a sports car.
  • Like 5

Angi, if the pastor is still talking and posting about this group that you are uncomfortable with, I would probably leave.  And I would leave quickly before you grow more attached to the church.   :(

I agree, don't get attached yet.  At the very least you need to find out more before committing to this church and volunteering.  Either look elsewhere if your concerns are strong enough already, or give it some time and watch and see how things progress.

• Like 3

That song is awesome! I like the director. And the piccolo. I played piccolo in marching band in junior high. I loved it. It was like driving a sports car.

I was particularly taken with the interplay between the oboe and the clarinet.

• Like 2

I'm going to the grocery store before Renai's class time so I can get some strawberries and some cream to whip.  

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........................

It will upset me a bit if I see you eating that while I'm teaching. I may have to ask you to leave.  :lol:

• Like 7

Angi, if the pastor is still talking and posting about this group that you are uncomfortable with, I would probably leave.  And I would leave quickly before you grow more attached to the church.   :(

What she said!

:iagree:   I would look elsewhere.  Here's the thing - if elsewhere doesn't work out, you could go back.  If they treat you weird at that point, then that's an additional sign of dysfunction, imho.  Your were in "courtship, but thought you were serious" mode.  It's time to pull back to interested, but still looking mode.  I hate the dating analogy with regard to churches, but there it is.  We've been visiting a church since summer.  We only have minor "complaints" against it.  Even so, I couldn't honestly tell you right now if we will stay there or not.  Where I would like for us to go is a significant drive, so I don't know if that is feasible or not.  

Not that you asked to hear my problems, lol.   :laugh:

• Like 5

:seeya: Long time, no see. :D

Yes, it has been. Thanks for noticing.😉I'm still here but I only get to read a few posts here and there. I end my day at 11pm and have to be up around 3:45am five days a week. I have too many irons in my fire, but it is my only means of surviving.

How has everyone been?

• Like 7

It will upset me a bit if I see you eating that while I'm teaching. I may have to ask you to leave.  :lol:

I am back from the store and eating lunch now.  Whipping the cream will have to wait until after the class this afternoon, so I promise not to eat any berries during class!

• Like 3

I am so biting my tongue on the "General Requirements for B.S." thread.

I mean, am I not the most superlatively qualified candidate to expositate on said subject?

I have a B.A. in it, but I bow to your mastery!

Yes, it has been. Thanks for noticing.😉I'm still here but I only get to read a few posts here and there. I end my day at 11pm and have to be up around 3:45am five days a week. I have too many irons in my fire, but it is my only means of surviving.

How has everyone been?

Glad to see you again whenever you can manage it!  What have you been up to lately?

• Like 1

How has everyone been?

Wow!  That's a lot of "day" and not a lot of sleep.  You're amazing!

• Like 2

PM me! I'm curious!

And be like the Bereans, searching the Scriptures. If it ain't there, then it is wrong.

I think it was Spurgeon who said discernment isn't so much being able to tell right from wrong as telling right from *almost* right. I agree with the others - even if you can't quite put your finger on it, it is wise to step back a bit.

• Like 4

Spanish with Renai in a little more than an hour from now.  My dd's are excited!   :hurray:

And after Spanish, and a little Bible homework, we are on vacaaaaaaaaation!  I might actually ketchup here a bit and find out about all the fun I've been missing.

Also, someone added in an extra zero when heating a rice sock in the microwave.  It will smell like burnt popcorn in here for a week.

• Like 6