• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

The chiropractor asked me what the highlight of my Christmas was, and I was struck dumb.  I have no life, self, or answers, apparently.  I exist only for my children.  I have no idea what I had for breakfast, and I hate questions like that and "What are your hobbies?"

Edited by texasmama
  • Like 3

So my kids tell me even I bellow all too often about cleaning it up!

I've stopped cleaning it up! If it's laying around it gets vacuumed up and that's the end of it. Of course they have so many Legos, I could package it all up and have Christmas and birthday presents until they graduate from High school.
  • Like 1

I have done three loads of laundry today.

Oh yeah? Well, I watched three episodes of that new (to me) spy flick I've been in to.

I wonder if the CIA would be interested in taking a middle aged homeschool mom with 5 kids. I really feel like I need a change in my life.

• Like 4

Aren't you supposed to enjoy hobbies? I do not enjoy that.

No.  I think it's something you do with your free time that is important to you.  You enjoy the results.  Dh doesn't enjoy the process, but he enjoys the results of fitness.  

I just asked dh, and he said it is a hobby and also a stress-reliever.

But we have no life.  Truly.  We have none.

• Like 1

The chiropractor asked me what the highlight of my Christmas was, and I was struck dumb.  I have no life, self, or answers, apparently.  I exist only for my children.  I have no idea what I had for breakfast, and I hate questions like that and "What are your hobbies?"

HOBBIES?  Now I have to get some hobbies???  I don't need no stinkin' hobbies!  I had kids instead.

So yeah, I'm out of whack.  But I have recently been re-reading the Mitford series, which my Grandma introduced me to 17 years ago.  It is sweet, well-written, peaceful, full of hope, and reminds me of her.  I did it to balance myself out.  It is just for me.  I read a bit before bed every night.

What are we?  Chopped liver?

• Like 3

Oh yeah? Well, I watched three episodes of that new (to me) spy flick I've been in to.

I wonder if the CIA would be interested in taking a middle aged homeschool mom with 5 kids. I really feel like I need a change in my life.

Oh, which one? 

I used to want to work for the CIA. That was about the time that Alias came out. I also watched Indiana Jones and wanted to be an archeologist. 

I'm easily persuaded to want to do things. The follow through is a bit shoddy. 

• Like 6

You all have been busy today! 

I spent the day dealing with dd who is, once again, running a fever. This has not been a relaxing break.  :crying: 
BUT, I did spend naptime making and decorating cookies. That was actually rather relaxing. I've never done cutout sugar cookies or even used royal icing, but I think they turned out ok. 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_39hkyGnNUHZXFiNlVWM0V4d0E/view?usp=sharing

• Like 5

You all have been busy today!

I spent the day dealing with dd who is, once again, running a fever. This has not been a relaxing break. :crying:

BUT, I did spend naptime making and decorating cookies. That was actually rather relaxing. I've never done cutout sugar cookies or even used royal icing, but I think they turned out ok.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_39hkyGnNUHZXFiNlVWM0V4d0E/view?usp=sharing

Totes adorbs! You are an awesome mom!

• Like 2

So, I really dislike it when my family make me feel badly when I am sick. 

Me too. So I never get sick.

Seriously, I can't remember the last time I was seriously sick. I'd better go find some wood to knock on or dig out a four-leaf clover or something.

Been to the salon and had my hair tended. My inner possum was showing up and needed to be colored again because it's an ugly possum and not a pretty one. Now I look all dark and windswept and messy, which is exactly the way I'm supposed to look. :001_smile: I

• Like 4

So I went to PetSmart and got some t/d canine food for the dog, only Critterfixer forgot to tell me that it is prescription only. :huh:  I didn't want to say, "Well, Critterfixer from the ITT said I should get this to avoid tooth rot on my dog."  Instead, I said my friend the vet recommended it.  The lady pushed in a bunch of numbers and said, "I will sneak it through for you this time." :lol:

I know this happened because I look like a soccer mom and not like someone who has nefarious plans for tooth rot prevention dog food.

• Like 9

Those are adorable!

Those cookies are awesome, Mary!

Totes adorbs! You are an awesome mom!

Thank you! 

I really need to get some smaller icing tips. My Walmart didn't have any decent sizes, so I had to make due. I think it might work a bit better/easier when I have the right tips. 

They're still drying a bit and some now have cracked faces and hats thanks to dd's fingers. haha But, they were mainly for practice, so I'm not too worried.  

ETA: 

Frosty the snowman

Was a jolly happy BOOYAH!

With a corncob pipe and a button nose

And two Booyahs made out of coal

Edited by Southern Ivy
  • Like 6

I've stopped cleaning it up! If it's laying around it gets vacuumed up and that's the end of it. Of course they have so many Legos, I could package it all up and have Christmas and birthday presents until they graduate from High school.

All I have to say is, "I'm going to vacuum!" and suddenly DS is cleaning up and running his hands through the carpet to find the stragglers. Only took one time to teach him!

• Like 4