• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Junie, hope your headache is gone today!!!

It's not gone yet.  And dd11 is playing her flute (w/ my permission.  because Christmas.)  She got new music (The Wizard of Oz) and she was super excited about it.

At least she didn't get a piccolo yet...  ;)

• Like 4

All presents have been opened. I'm going to have another cup of tea and I might do some writing this morning before I need to get the vegetables prepped for lunch. The kitten has the right idea. Having played in the wrapping paper, she is now sprawled on the bed for her mid-morning nap.

Hope everyone is having a good Christmas so far!

• Like 6

Is the musical service tomorrow?

Sunday morning.

Merry Christmas, ITT!

Just got back from an unexpectedly long hike up Mt. Pisgah. Actually, the hike up was usual, but we thought we'd take a different trail down which turned out to be very, very long. About 2 hours longer than expected. Dd9 and dd6 were a bit teary by the end, but we are grateful to have had a well marked trail, water, and good weather!

My legs have decided to stop working for the time being. Junie, I hope your head feels better soon!

• Like 6

Coming back after our beautiful Christmas breakfast, Bible reading and present opening.  Everyone is replete.

The most unexpected reactions were from the dogs.  Both were given toys this year because dh's Secret Santa at work knew he had dogs and gave them to him.  Libby was over the moon with happiness at being given a new "baby" and was whining with excitement.  Rocky took his excitedly but when he made it squeak by accident, he dropped it guiltily and fled.  (He knows that if something squeaks it means that he's been too rough.)  Libby now has two babies and Rocky is happy with an extra bone. 

• Like 8

Merry Christmas!

We had stollen and eggnog while we opened gifts, followed by a formal breakfast. The biggest hits were the Frozen toys and the Cars mat and cars, both of which came from Pastor. Someone left gifts on our porch! No tags, but one had a pink bow and one had a blue bow. There was also one on our neighbors porch. They have a boy not much younger than Mary.

I called my mom. She got a dog. She really shouldn't have and she knew it so I took the opportunity to tell her I'm pregnant because she thinks that's stupid and the timing was perfect. I could tell she was mortified, but she didn't say anything.

I got Amazon gift cards so I'm going shopping!

• Like 7

Merry Christmas!

We had stollen and eggnog while we opened gifts, followed by a formal breakfast. The biggest hits were the Frozen toys and the Cars mat and cars, both of which came from Pastor. Someone left gifts on our porch! No tags, but one had a pink bow and one had a blue bow. There was also one on our neighbors porch. They have a boy not much younger than Mary.

I called my mom. She got a dog. She really shouldn't have and she knew it so I took the opportunity to tell her I'm pregnant because she thinks that's stupid and the timing was perfect. I could tell she was mortified, but she didn't say anything.

I got Amazon gift cards so I'm going shopping!

You had stollen! We bought some at Aldi to bring up for FIL because no one else will buy him any - they hate it. :) It is good.

• Like 2

You had stollen! We bought some at Aldi to bring up for FIL because no one else will buy him any - they hate it. :) It is good.

Someone in our apartment works at the thriftway and brings the "expired" baked goods to the apartment lounge once a week. We get all sorts of things we'd never spend the money on. Wraps from the deli, fancy cupcakes, caramel toffee scones (oh my gosh those scones!). Matt saw the stollen at the store for $9. We just *knew* they'd be at the office. The overpriced stuff always winds up in our kitchen. It's not great for our waistlines. ;)

• Like 4

Amazon shopping complete. I got a Bible commentary with a focus on Jewish tradition and historical information (because let's face it, the OT is weird), a workout thing, and my next bullet journal.

Link to the commentary please? I've been searching for one.

Joyeux Noel!

We've had a fun Christmas day!  We opened packages and had biscuits and gravy for breakfast-yum.  After I did my necessary chores, I rode the Fjord through our (very!) snowy woods-IT.WAS.AWESOME.  And then we broke out the (very) used snowmobiles that DH bought a few months ago from a small legacy he received from his godmother. Oh, my word!  What a blast!  Now we're headed off to Nana's for more fun.

I'm glad to hear that everyone is having a good Christmas ( an especially big YAY for no more Junie headache!)  I'll leave you with this, the best reason for joy!

• Like 8

Link to the commentary please? I've been searching for one.

My sister is raving about a devotional she got for Christmas - I think there is an app and an online community devotional - called She Reads Truth. I think they start a thing on Genesis starting in January.

http://shereadstruth.com

Just realized you were looking for a commentary. I can usually read for detail, but not when eating pie! PIE!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3

I got cushy socks and the Gluten Free Cookbooks that I wanted from America's Test Kitchen. So now I really have to start running again, because the boys already have marked the things they would like to attempt. Top of the list: Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies and Chocolate Cake. And DH wanted it because of the GF Donuts and Brownies. 

I'd better get out that half-marathon training schedule again.

I've got one heck of a tension headache, but relief is on the way!

• Like 5

Our Christmas tree, decorations, etc. are all put away. :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: Dh did it a little while ago. :001_wub: I take back half the bad things I've said about him. :hat: :biggrinjester:

What????

Christmas decorations away before the day is over?

#aintnobodyherehaveenergyforthat

• Like 8

I'll probably put my decorations away on New Year's Day. Right now all I want to do is crash. It wasn't that bad, but I'm still sleepy, my socks are cozy and I have to work tomorrow.

Also, we have a chipmunk sleeping in a bird's nest under the eve of the front porch. Super cute!

• Like 6

We still have the extended family Christmas celebration tomorrow.

So do we! Spent today at my parents' house sitting around and eating all day. Now we're just chillin' at home! It was a very nice Christmas!

So do we. My brother, his wife, my mother, and father probably, and one of dh's brothers. Maybe my MIL, too. I think I am going to keep it simple and make chili.

Then afterwards the tree and decorations can be put away. :hurray:

• Like 4

HA! I win! Matt's North Face jacket is a fake! I don't know if I relayed all of this to you but MIL found a brand new North Face jacket on ebay that was being sold for half off because it had an invisible imperfection. Invisible imperfection? Hmmm. 880 reviews, all 5 stars? Hmmm. No model number? Hmmm. But it's real. Trust me. I know how ebay works. Yeah, I know how ebay works too and it's a fake. It has the wrong tag, wrong stitching and wrong kind of fleece. I win! Booya!

• Like 5

Morning y'all!

I have discovered that it is not good to hike wearing bifocals. I am surprisingly NOT incapacitated with sore muscles from yesterday. The hike down the mountain nearly did my knees in, but they are OK today.

Happy 2nd/3rd Christmas gathering to many of you! I will be doing laundry today.

Off for my second cup of coffee...

• Like 7

Sigh.  I have overdue library books.  Somehow I missed the notice that came last Friday, so I didn't return the books -- even though I passed the library several times since.

So, I'm returning the books today and hoping that the fine isn't more than $20.

• Like 3

Sigh. I have overdue library books. Somehow I missed the notice that came last Friday, so I didn't return the books -- even though I passed the library several times since.

So, I'm returning the books today and hoping that the fine isn't more than $20.

Ouch!

• Like 1

I'm back from running, or more accurately, walking since I did that for half of it.  #Better than nothing at all.  #Better next time. 

ETA:  a (nearly) 4 hour late BOOYAH! 

This booyah is dedicated to people everywhere trying to get a work out routine going again! 

Edited by Another Lynn
  • Like 6

I'm ticked off because I returned some overdue library books two days ago - on Christmas Eve. I know they were closed but fines should not continue to accrue, in my opinion.  I keep getting over due email notices but I suppose that those are automatically generated and hope that today when they open they will check in my books and will hopefully give me credit for when I returned them (though I don't know how they will know).

• Like 2