Menu

Ignore this thread!

The Pecan pie recipe from America's Test Kitchen, The New Best Recipe cookbook 2nd Ed. There is a variation called Maple Pecan pie in that recipe, and I like it better than any other kind of pecan pie. 

However, I am actually doing the blueberry pie first. I'll need more butter to finish with the pecan pie, so I may do that one tomorrow.

For sure tomorrow. My MIL still has my pie plate from Thanksgiving.

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 2

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

It rained so hard that our friends couldn't get to the museum. :( Not safe to drive all the way from their house; they stopped halfway and waited for visibility to improve, then turned around and went home.

DS still had fun, but mostly doing something he could have done at home.

It's coffee time, ladies! Who's going to join me for a cuppa with a bit of vanilla creamer? I would prefer a splash of Bailey's (kids are having a play date, play dates stress me out), but that's not going to happen! Lol! Sitting for a bit and then will begin wrapping the mountain of gifts that is sitting in boxes in front of poor DH's dresser.

• Like 3

Define "down."  I suspect your definition differs from mine.   :drool5:

Down in that it is off the list and in the refrigerator just chilling. 

As much as down the hatch would be good. It sure looks tasty and smells good.

Blueberry pie almost turned into a fiasco. I had all sorts of issues with my GF crust today. Lost the top crust (tragedy!) and had to improvise with a cinnamon streusel topping. So not a tragedy after all. I'm done now, though. Time to rest and relax until tomorrow. 

• Like 4

Will I jinx it if I say that I feel pretty good today? Going to take some supplies to the humane society. And pet the kitties and puppies and bunnies.

No, you will not jinx it! I'm so glad you're feeling pretty good! I do worry about you, my friend! Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 3

Down in that it is off the list and in the refrigerator just chilling. 

As much as down the hatch would be good. It sure looks tasty and smells good.

Blueberry pie almost turned into a fiasco. I had all sorts of issues with my GF crust today. Lost the top crust (tragedy!) and had to improvise with a cinnamon streusel topping. So not a tragedy after all. I'm done now, though. Time to rest and relax until tomorrow. 

I thought that I remembered that you did gf baking.

I actually cried the other night when the family ate apple pie.  Silly, I know.  But sometimes the tears come and you just can't stop them.

Anyway, I hope that you enjoy your pie.  It sounds delicious!!  (Don't be surprised if I show up for Christmas dinner. ;)  )

• Like 3

We went to the humane society.  We saw some lovely kitties (all adults, no babies), two bunnies and a bunch of dogs.  I wish we weren't out numbered by animals already (we have four humans,, four pets - we're outnumbered) because I saw a couple of kitties, one rabbit and one dog who I would have loved to have put in my car.  I was silly and left my purse with the bunnies but fortunately remembered before I was too far away and turned right around and went back for it.  No one goes into the bunny area so my purse was quite safe. 

• Like 2

Oldest ds and I had fun going to a couple stores this afternoon looking for last minute stocking stuffers. Mostly, we wanted to find Force Awakens merchandise. I was shocked at how little was in stores - and not just because it's sold out. And, shocked that of the Star Wars stuff out, there was more older stuff than newer. I usually think everything is over-commercialized, but not this time. Finding anything other than t-shirts with the new characters was difficult. So strange!

• Like 1

The cookies turned out ok. Chocolate chip was fine. Sugar cookies was a disaster. Gingerbread was the best. Chocolate chip and gingerbread was from scratch. I tried to use the store bought sugar cookie dough and roll it and cut out shapes. It does not work. So I just made round cookies and they iced and decorated. The children were happy so I will call it a success. :D

No presents wrapped yet, but there is still tomorrow. It will get done. Somehow. It always does.

Dd16 is complaining of nothing to do. She will help me wrap presents for about an hour or so. I will teach her. Haha. :D

• Like 3

It's coffee time, ladies! Who's going to join me for a cuppa with a bit of vanilla creamer? I would prefer a splash of Bailey's (kids are having a play date, play dates stress me out), but that's not going to happen! Lol! Sitting for a bit and then will begin wrapping the mountain of gifts that is sitting in boxes in front of poor DH's dresser.

Count me in for some decaf! I have Andes Mints!

• Like 1

It rained so hard that our friends couldn't get to the museum. :( Not safe to drive all the way from their house; they stopped halfway and waited for visibility to improve, then turned around and went home.

DS still had fun, but mostly doing something he could have done at home.

We had severe thunderstorms here, too. A tornado watch for a while as well. I'm glad you all are safe. :)

• Like 1

I didn't get any shopping done today, after all.

I've been fighting a headache since sometime yesterday, so I didn't feel it would be safe to drive.

I hope I'm feeling better tomorrow.

Oh, and good news.  A joint gift for dds 7, 9, 11, and 13 was scheduled to arrive on Monday -- and showed up on our porch today.  Hurray!!

• Like 5

Having trouble sleeping?

I spent an absurd amount of time compiling a photo timeline of the ENTIRE construction of my Chewbacca suit from start to finish with bonus C3PO's head:

http://imgur.com/a/jzzwJ

And then I made the dumb decision to post it on reddit at nearly midnight when probably nobody will see it and it'll be churned off the page by morning. Oh well. :)

Goodnight, you crazy ITT people.

• Like 8

Having trouble sleeping?

I spent an absurd amount of time compiling a photo timeline of the ENTIRE construction of my Chewbacca suit from start to finish with bonus C3PO's head:

And then I made the dumb decision to post it on reddit at nearly midnight when probably nobody will see it and it'll be churned off the page by morning. Oh well. :)

Dh and I just read through the whole thing.  Amazing amount of work.  Great job!!

And pretty awesome that you caught Peter Mayhew's attention!!

• Like 4

Having trouble sleeping?

This is amazing. Dd16 and I read the whole thing. Awesome!

• Like 3

Good morning!  Happy Christmas Eve!!

I'm probably going to spend most of the day shopping   :thumbup1:  and wrapping  :thumbdown: .

I'm also going to make another attempt at making my mom's spaghetti sauce.  This sauce is so good; I used to come home from school, find it simmering in the crock pot, and eat a whole bowl of it.  Sooo good.  (I've tried to make it a few times and have never gotten close.  She gave me a few tips when I saw her last weekend, so we'll see.)

• Like 5

Good Morning. ITT! And a beautiful one it is out here on the Western Front!

Junie, good luck shopping, and with your spaghetti sauce making endeavors!

Mark, amazing work! Wow! Even down to the sacrificial Tevas. That is really a beautiful costume!

Have a great day, everyone! I'll be in the kitchen baking bread if anyone needs me!

• Like 4

Good Christmas Eve everyone!  I am hoping to leave here sooner rather than later to head to the city.  As much as being around family stresses me, my tantrumming/bickering children stress me more.  Once I get to the city I will have 5 extra adults to help supervise while I drink wine...well actually I am dumping the kids off first and finishing xmas shopping (stocking stuffers and cash for my older 3), and then hiding in a room upstairs alone to finish wrapping gifts.  so it is like getting a several hour break on a day when they are so excited I want to hug them tightly around their necks.  

And I am only 90 minutes behind schedule so far haha

• Like 6

Am I the only one here who has family members who are working today? Both ds and dh have 8 hour work days.

Matt's working. My MILs working but she's a nurse. Matt inspects and packs computer servers. He should be home. Erin's working too. She's a radio producer and 4 people just quit so I see the need. She was supposed to be home.