• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

And now I'm awake. I seriously need to restart my exercise routine so I can sleep all night.

Sorry you're irritated, Tsuga.

Two of my ITT sisters are absolutely no help when it comes to exercise machines. I liked their posts anyway. I may have been convinced to look at gym memberships. No, that wasn't the highest vote. Sigh.

That was very gracious of you.  :D

I think a trial gym membership is a good idea.  It was 25 degrees the other day and I just could not go out in that.  So, I waited until noon when it was 45.  That was better.  But I had a horrible run.  Wah.  Plus I had been freezing all morning even in the house.  Our house was generally comfortable.  No one else was cold.  It's just me.  #wimp

• Like 4

And... Good Sunday Morning. 

I think I'm going to sort through presents this afternoon and see what I have.  I've been shoving deliveries in my closet and ignoring them.  Need to take inventory and see whose pile looks short.  (And also figure out what I did with birthday presents for 13yo ds - his birthday is Wednesday.) 

• Like 7

Well good morning to you too! Why are you subjecting me to talk about exercise first thing in the morning? Humph.

Happy happy happy! Today is really a happy day! This afternoon we will pick up ds from the university and all drive together to Sewanee, The University of the South to attend their annual Lessons and Carols service. We go every year, with a stop for dinner at Cracker Barrel, which is the best part for the kids. :D It will be a late night.

• Like 8

I think I'm going to sort through presents this afternoon and see what I have. I've been shoving deliveries in my closet and ignoring them. Need to take inventory and see whose pile looks short. (And also figure out what I did with birthday presents for 13yo ds - his birthday is Wednesday.)

Whew!

• Like 1

Good morning!

I'm still here.

Renai, I have no idea about treadmills and such. I am no help at all. On the other hand, twins are fabulous. Especially since your dds are able to help. Twins don't run in my family at all. I was 34 when I became pregnant, age probably had a lot to do with it.;)

Tex, it was rude. Maybe she felt bad, maybe she had a toothache. But still it was rude. I'm not eloquent, in any way, but I probably coulda done a wee bit better.:D

Tsuga, I've been wondering about the house purchasing. Wishing you lots of good luck.

Susan, wishing you safe traveling.

Ikslo, how's the swelling and the foot? Healing well, I hope.

KrissiK, get well soon. Hugs.

:grouphug: to everyone

• Like 5

I am reading Outlander by Diana Gsomething. I think I understand the fascination with kilts around here now. :D

So I am here, but I have to keep my mind busy. Otherwise, I think about my tooth hurting.

I will check in as I can. So carry on.

I am not going to church today. Dd16 is going, and she will teach Sunday school this morning. One of the perks of having children. :D

• Like 2

Good morning!

I'm still here.

Renai, I have no idea about treadmills and such. I am no help at all. On the other hand, twins are fabulous. Especially since your dds are able to help. Twins don't run in my family at all. I was 34 when I became pregnant, age probably had a lot to do with it.;)

Well, I turn 42 in two weeks. It's bound to happen eventually, right? It doesn't run in our family either. Although, there are two sets recorded on my mom's side genealogy. But the first goes waaaaaaaay back (4th or 5th great gmother). The last twin just died within the last year at the age of 90+.

• Like 1

Good Sunday Morning!

I missed the party last night.   :toetap05:

And the Tex-Ikslo cat fight.   :toetap05:  :toetap05:

I was too busy texting Jean's ear off while watching TV, and here she didn't even tell me!  I totally could have seen Jimmy Stewart any other time.    :toetap05:  :toetap05:  :toetap05:

And worst of all, I've blown nearly all my likes catching up.   :toetap05:  :toetap05:  :toetap05:  :toetap05:

• Like 8

I think I'm going to sort through presents this afternoon and see what I have.  I've been shoving deliveries in my closet and ignoring them.  Need to take inventory and see whose pile looks short.  (And also figure out what I did with birthday presents for 13yo ds - his birthday is Wednesday.) 

Christmas presents! doh.gif

• Like 4

I think I'm going to sort through presents this afternoon and see what I have. I've been shoving deliveries in my closet and ignoring them. Need to take inventory and see whose pile looks short. (And also figure out what I did with birthday presents for 13yo ds - his birthday is Wednesday.)

I need to do this. Gymnast has a birthday the beginning of January, so have to split those gifts too. And Slash linked silks, agh!

• Like 3

I cannot like this.  It offends my religion of introvertedness.     :D  

Mine too, but sometimes I just have to lose my religion and get school done. As much as I would love to crank up some music and write all morning, throwing various soft objects and harder words at those who would interrupt my concentration, I will be the good teacher and try to teach something.

• Like 3

Ikslo, how's the swelling and the foot? Healing well, I hope.

Swelling is gone, still some tenderness. But I think he is getting sick based on the amount of tissues on the floor around him as he is playing with his Legos.😠

Foot - I can't tell. Still hard bump and it's kind of irritated. Doc suggested warts don't like to be irritated so at first sight of plantar one should use sandpaper on it before it gets pushed into the foot; after freezing he suggested duct tape. No really. And offered to provide literature/studies to back that up. Problem is that he has a a scar from a reaction which is most likely to a band-aid adhesive when he was younger, and DS is worried that duct tape adhesive might make the situation worse. Can't blame him. So we may have to go back for a second freezing treatment. We'll see.

Thanks for asking.

• Like 4

Swelling is gone, still some tenderness. But I think he is getting sick based on the amount of tissues on the floor around him as he is playing with his Legos.😠

Foot - I can't tell. Still hard bump and it's kind of irritated. Doc suggested warts don't like to be irritated so at first sight of plantar one should use sandpaper on it before it gets pushed into the foot; after freezing he suggested duct tape. No really. And offered to provide literature/studies to back that up. Problem is that he has a a scar from a reaction which is most likely to a band-aid adhesive when he was younger, and DS is worried that duct tape adhesive might make the situation worse. Can't blame him. So we may have to go back for a second freezing treatment. We'll see.

Thanks for asking.

Sandpaper sounds unpleasant. I poked mine with sewing needles.

• Like 1

Well, it turns out that this home remedy actually beats the expensive freezing treatment many dermatologists frequently rely on. A study recently published in the Archives of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine (October, 2002) compared duct tape to cryotherapy with liquid nitrogen. The duct tape won!

Researchers divided children into two groups. Half had standard liquid nitrogen therapy to freeze the warts. The other half got a tiny piece of duct tape applied just over the wart for six days. After this time parents were instructed to remove the duct tape, soak the wart in water and then sand it down with an emery board. The duct tape was left off overnight and then reapplied. This procedure was repeated for up to two months or until the wart disappeared.

From peoplespharmacy.com

Edited by ikslo
  • Like 3

Well, it turns out that this home remedy actually beats the expensive freezing treatment many dermatologists frequently rely on. A study recently published in the Archives of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine (October, 2002) compared duct tape to cryotherapy with liquid nitrogen. The duct tape won!

Researchers divided children into two groups. Half had standard liquid nitrogen therapy to freeze the warts. The other half got a tiny piece of duct tape applied just over the wart for six days. After this time parents were instructed to remove the duct tape, soak the wart in water and then sand it down with an emery board. The duct tape was left off overnight and then reapplied. This procedure was repeated for up to two months or until the wart disappeared.

From peoplespharmacy.com

Fascinating.

#ducttapeworkseverywherebutducts

• Like 4

This is exactly my M.O., as well, and I don't even remember what I have in there.  

Thanks for asking.

I had a plantar wart once.  I applied over the counter wart removal stuff, and it was gone in a couple of weeks.  Cheap, easy, painless.  Why don't docs recommend that stuff?

Edited by texasmama
  • Like 1

From peoplespharmacy.com

I believe it.

Warts can frequently be cured by hypnotism. My daughter's was cured by a carrot. I just told her stick the carrot on there, it will fall off in due time. Of course it did.

Okay, I have dealt with presents.  I think the stacks look reasonable.  Except oldest's pile looks pretty lame compared to the others.  We'll possibly make up the difference with a gift card.  But still, I wish it looked a little better.  I have also made note of how many boxes I think I will need for wrapping.  And I'd like to get wrapping paper soon so I'm not doing everything Christmas Eve like I usually do.  :svengo: #toooldforthat

• Like 5

So people from the church asked what happened this week because the tables were moved in the fellowship hall. I told them about the party and how we put all the tables away for games and sorry we put them back wrong. The dad told me later that the reason we were invited and nobody else was was because he knew we wouldn't gossip about their adoptions. :( He said people treat him differently when they realize he was raised by white people. I'm glad he trusts us but so sad that he has to protect his children from that. AT A FRIGGING CHURCH NO LESS!

• Like 3

From peoplespharmacy.com

I have no doubt about duct tape. Because duct tape. But sandpaper....no. o_0

• Like 1

I had a plantar wart when pg with baby #1. I applied over the counter wart removal stuff, and it was gone in a couple of weeks. Cheap, easy, painless. Why don't docs recommend that stuff?

We tried that stuff and it didn't work for DS' plantar. So his ped already knew we had tried that.

• Like 1

I believe it.

Warts can frequently be cured by hypnotism. My daughter's was cured by a carrot. I just told her stick the carrot on there, it will fall off in due time. Of course it did.

I read raw potatoes work, and the insides of banana skins (held in place by duct tape, of course).

It's on the Internet.

#mustbetrue

• Like 5

I don't have much, but I did manage school, took care of the critters, cooked for the kitten, made chili for us, and washed the master bedroom linens. Now I'm going to write for the rest of the evening.

I also researched some curriculum for next year. Just a little.

• Like 3

I think I'm going to write an open letter: To everyone at the church who is better than me. I can think of so many pleasant things to put in it. So I'll type it up, then I'll put it in the church bulletin because I'm the secretary and nobody would notice until everyone had one. Oh, that would be so satisfying.

• Like 1

I corrected the grammar for two posted signs at two separate stores today. Of course, I did not write it directly on the signs. I wrote the corrections on a piece of paper and gave it to an employee. One is a local store and we've known the owner since I was pregnant with dd16. That employee asked if I was a teacher. I had to confess that I was. I also let him know that I knew the owner. I later saw him comparing my written corrections with the sign and laughing. The other was Walmart. I've been cranky today.

• Like 2

I corrected the grammar for two posted signs at two separate stores today. Of course, I did not write it directly on the signs. I wrote the corrections on a piece of paper and gave it to an employee. One is a local store and we've known the owner since I was pregnant with dd16. That employee asked if I was a teacher. I had to confess that I was. I also let him know that I knew the owner. I later saw him comparing my written corrections with the sign and laughing. The other was Walmart. I've been cranky today.

You're not the only one!

• Like 1

You're awesome!

And a one and a two and a....

"Booyah bells, Booyah bells, Booyah all the way!

Oh what fun it is to Booyah in a one horse open Booo-yah!"

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 6

I'm having a hormonal day. Someone at church who is typically not very nice was not very nice again today. I've cried 3 times. I know it's not a big deal, but I'm hormonal. So there. I made a mistake with the power point and asked her to tell the power point guy I would be there early to replace it. She didn't tell him or text me back so I assumed she didn't see her phone. Right before service started she told me she doesn't like the way I am and she would appreciate it if I didn't text or call her anymore. I have no clue what she meant. She's always hated me and speaks cruelly to me almost every Sunday. I'm becoming bitter.

:grouphug: Slache. If you don't have to work with her, I'd be inclined to let her go be nasty all by herself. If you have to work with her, and it sounds like some interaction is necessary, I'd try to make it minimal, and pretty much suggest to her that you can both dislike each other and still at least try to be professional. Ain't nobody got time for that kind of nonsense.

I'm bored. I put together a curriculum list for next year. There's too much stuff on it. Good thing I've got months to prune it to the proper amount of work for the year. 

• Like 6