Menu

Ignore this thread!

No it is not too much to ask. Especially since you have been doing this for the last 18 years, and you probably can't even find peace and quite in the bathroom. At least I can't, as soon as I shut the door: "MOMMY?", "Where's mommy?", "Where is your mother?" Or one of the twins barges in. Rant over.:D

Yes, Jean, you absolutely deserve some solitude.......enjoy some for me, please.:)

• Like 5

Happy Saturday all!! I have missed being able to read through this thread. How about a one post recap of the past month? :)

I would gladly give you a one post recap of the past month except I can't remember it.  :leaving:

(Jean had camp; came home and started school)

(Tex had a water park family vacation which sounded more like purgatory.  Then came home and started school and teaching a high school lit class at co-op.  And now she is not sleeping well, but she's about to get that under control.)

(Renai started teaching preschool and taking the last class (or 2 ?) for her masters.  And her older dd decided to homeschool highschool.  She is superwoman and probably needs a couple more projects in her life right now, lol.)

(Ikslo has started the new homeschool year with a bang.  I know she must be working hard because sometimes she reads, likes, waves hello, and carries on.)

(Critterfixer's MIL and FIL were in a bad wreck.  FIL is okay, MIL had to have surgery and is doing PT now and recovering well.  Her accountability thread posts put me to shame.)

(Slache gave you her update.  She's had some illness, but is better now I think.  She's also the Kon Mari expert extraordinaire.)

(Ducklings sent all her little ones to her sisters for a couple days to plan school, and now they have started too.  And she still has house renovation work going on.)

(Susan might be surrounded by idiots in her co-op - just a guess, but I don't want to put words in her mouth.  But she has her act together in spite of it.)

The real danger in an update like this is that I've forgotten posters and events. 

• Like 9

Thank you all so much. I am working through the thread but since I'm behind, my being behind, of my reading the thread from the beginning, it might take a few-years- to catch up. I hope every one is having a good school year so far.

I was thinking that it would be benefitial if Wm had a notepad on the site that way as you read posts we could typed what we want to remember. Then I wouldn't have paper after paper all over my desk. The other thing would be if we could "bookmark" where we are in a thread right from the site in order to go back and pick up where we left off. Yes, I know we can bookmark in each browser but it would be nice to bookmark within a site.

Just my $.05. :)

• Like 8

2 soccer games down (they changed the time of one but I didn't get the text, so we got there at half time. Got me rather flustered. I hate being flustered, I wish I didn't get flustered, but I do.)( oh, and DS got 2 goals in his game, not the one we were late for), birthday party completed, grocery shopping done, one more game to go to and then a church BBQ. I hate days like this.

• Like 3

I just cleaned out two very gross (as in deserving of hazard pay) crispers.  Yay, Me Time.  On the bright side, this has been hanging over my head for a whole week now and I can cross it off my list.  

Ok wait...what is a "crisper"??? :confused1:

Ok wait...do I want to know???

Ok wait...if I'm [insert age of choice] and I don't know what a "crisper" is, perhaps I don't need to know.

Never mind.

No, I still want to know.

• Like 7

Ok wait...if I'm [insert age of choice] and I don't know what a "crisper" is, perhaps I don't need to know.

Never mind.

Crisper = the drawers in the refrigerator where you put produce.  What do you call them?

• Like 2

Another Lynn's memory puts me to shame.

I ran off and forgot a movie I was supposed to take back to the library, and it was the one movie that I really wanted to take back today because they gave me the wrong movie!

In my defense, it was dark this morning, and I understand that spiders like me have very poor eyesight. :laugh:

Crisper = the drawers in the refrigerator where you put produce.  What do you call them?

Thing 1 and Thing 2. It's where lemons go to die.

• Like 9

At the food drive.

Lady:  (to dd who handed me the bag of food instead of giving it to them directly) :  Oh, you're so shy.  Don't be shy, girl!

Me:  (laughing)  Well, she did help pick out the items.

Lady:  (to dd) Oh, good for you.  You're so smart, too.  What grade are you in?

Dd :  8th grade.

Lady:  Oooh.  Where do you go to school?

Dd:  We homeschool.

Lady:  Oh, who do you report to for support?

Dd:  (looks blank)

Me:  (again laughing a bit since I didn't really want to have a serious discussion about this)   She reports to me!

Lady:  But. . . you should report to someone in the school district.  Really, they are there to help.

Me:  OK  (smile.  But I have no intention of reporting to anyone. . . .)  

• Like 7

It's ok.  Lady is obviously pro-education for our kids.  I am too.  I disagree about how we can achieve that but I didn't have the time or inclination to teach her about homeschooling and all it's facets.  But I'll just keep reminding myself that she means well!  (And hope that she doesn't meet any newbie homeschoolers. . . .)  I did take the time to educate in excruciating detail when it was one of our councilwomen because I felt that ignorance was dangerous to let stand.  

• Like 7

I would gladly give you a one post recap of the past month except I can't remember it.  :leaving:

(Tex had a water park family vacation which sounded more like purgatory.  Then came home and started school and teaching a high school lit class at co-op.  And now she is not sleeping well, but she's about to get that under control.)

(Renai started teaching preschool and taking the last class (or 2 ?) for her masters.  And her older dd decided to homeschool highschool.  She is superwoman and probably needs a couple more projects in her life right now, lol.)

(Ikslo has started the new homeschool year with a bang.  I know she must be working hard because sometimes she reads, likes, waves hello, and carries on.)

(Critterfixer's MIL and FIL were in a bad wreck.  FIL is okay, MIL had to have surgery and is doing PT now and recovering well.  Her accountability thread posts put me to shame.)

(Slache gave you her update.  She's had some illness, but is better now I think.  She's also the Kon Mari expert extraordinaire.)

(Ducklings sent all her little ones to her sisters for a couple days to plan school, and now they have started too.  And she still has house renovation work going on.)

(Susan might be surrounded by idiots in her co-op - just a guess, but I don't want to put words in her mouth.  But she has her act together in spite of it.)

The real danger in an update like this is that I've forgotten posters and events. 

Wow!  That is amazing!  She remembers more about my life than I do!

That should be my new member title.

I think I might give up and take a nap.

Did you steal that from me?  I have a t-shirt that says "World's Okayest Mom".

Never mind.

I'm so glad you know what a crisper is.  (I read further down...)

• Like 4

Lynn, you're awesome!

Actually, working FT plus overtime and starting up homeschooling again put me behind in sleep which led to me having to fight of being sick and then my period started.  I've had a two weeklong headache.  But today was okay.  Sort of.  I managed to clean and organize the school room (aka the loft/office) and wash the sheets and re-make the beds.  Shower did not get cleaned and I don't even want to talk about the state of my LR.  DS just took my phone away from me to play a game b/c the iPad was out of juice and now I am back on my laptop. 

Oh, and I am on level 106 of AlphaBetty Saga.  Candy Crush has been long since forgotten.  Spreading cheese is better for the brain.

• Like 4

(((hugs)))  A two week headache???  

The first week I was fighting of an ear infection it the headache came along for the ride, and the second week was leading up to and the beginning of that special time of month.  Headaches never used to be part of that for me until like maybe 9 months ago, and then WHAMMIE!  Now I get them for two days prior and sometimes during.  This month was bad because I was feeling bad already and doing the late nights homeschooling again and getting little sleep. 

I don't usually whine like this.  At least not since I was a teen :leaving:  But I just want to feel better again.

• Like 2

KWIM?

ETA:  Booya!

This non-h booya is dedicated to Slache.

This is the thread that never ends,
It just goes on and on my friends.
People started posting not knowing what it was,
And they'll continue posting forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends
You'd best come join it with your friends
'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze
And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that never ends...

• Like 6

Got back from visiting MIL. She's sitting up more and more when I come, and doing her exercises. On the whole, much better physically. She's still down about the time it is taking her to recover. I feel like this week and last week have just been dragging on for a month, so I understand how time must just press down on her in the hospital. Anyone got some good suggestions to help her pass the time? I don't know how much longer she will be there, but I'm banking on another two weeks. Normally she is very active, likes to work in her flower beds, cleans her house, goes to the library, shops in town, visits friends, goes to her Bible study, Bingo Night, etc. So you can see how weeks in the hospital is making her feel depressed.

• Like 4