Menu

Ignore this thread!

Good morning, all!  Well, it's back to work for me.  DS felt better Sunday, so the boys took me out bowling for my birthday (today - woot! :party: ),

Happy Birthday!! Hope you have fun!

It's my dd's birthday today, too.  :hurray:   We're on vacation now, and already gave her a bike for her bday. Today we're celebrating by heading to the beach and eating pizza afterwards.

• Like 3

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Happy Birthday!! Hope you have fun!

It's my dd's birthday today, too.  :hurray:   We're on vacation now, and already gave her a bike for her bday. Today we're celebrating by heading to the beach and eating pizza afterwards.

Happy Birthday wishes to your daughter as well.  I like her already.

Ok, I am never going to forewarn DS again if I sign him up for something. I signed him up for STEM Camp this week at the local JC. He hates new things so he moaned and groaned and put up such a fuss the last couple of weeks. So, I drop him off this morning. The first person he sees is "I" from soccer. And then I see a few other moms I know. And then I'm visiting with said moms and one mentions that they'll be doing Lego robotics and computer animation of Minions. She said the teacher of this class really tries to stay on top of what's popular with the kids. This is all right up DS's alley. He just hates doing new things. Sometimes I think I shouldn't tell him anything at all. Just wake him up, throw him in the car and drop him off. It would save us all a bunch of agony!

• Like 6

The other school called me again, this time the former district curriculum coordinator-turned-vice principal, whom I knew from when I worked prek prior. She was trying to convince me to come in to talk to them and see if I'd prefer to work there. I have a bilingual endorsement, and they are a dual-language school. I told her I just sent in the contract for the first school last night. She wanted to call hr to see if they would put it on hold so they could talk to me.

They sent an email, and I called on my end, and hr basically said no. First school recruited for me heavily and it wouldn't be fair to them. I totally understand that. It is so weird to be in this position. I hope I live up to whatever expectation they have that makes it worth all the trouble they went through. Although, if dd4 were to go to school, it would be to the 2nd dual-language school, since that is what I do at home.

• Like 3

The other school called me again, this time the former district curriculum coordinator-turned-vice principal, whom I knew from when I worked prek prior. She was trying to convince me to come in to talk to them and see if I'd prefer to work there. I have a bilingual endorsement, and they are a dual-language school. I told her I just sent in the contract for the first school last night. She wanted to call hr to see if they would put it on hold so they could talk to me.

They sent an email, and I called on my end, and hr basically said no. First school recruited for me heavily and it wouldn't be fair to them. I totally understand that. It is so weird to be in this position. I hope I live up to whatever expectation they have that makes it worth all the trouble they went through. Although, if dd4 were to go to school, it would be to the 2nd dual-language school, since that is what I do at home.

Are you happy with the decision made?

So, all of my kids except the oldest are at writing camp this week. 

Listen...... <chirp, chirp>.................  Do you hear that?  My house has been completely quiet all.day.long.  Oh my word.  This is the best thing that has happened to me in at least a year.  A whole week of this could be life changing. 

• Like 8

So, all of my kids except the oldest are at writing camp this week.

Listen...... <chirp, chirp>................. Do you hear that? My house has been completely quiet all.day.long. Oh my word. This is the best thing that has happened to me in at least a year. A whole week of this could be life changing.

My husband and children are flying to see Matt's family in a month or two. I don't know what I'm going to do with myself.

• Like 3

Migraine is gone!! Yee haw!

Went through and cleaned out email today... Score

Made frittata for dinner... Score

Tried to figure out what to do about foreign language... Not so score

Printed Bible curriculum... Score

Floated around on some threads... Not so score... Had to come back here to ITT for some happy happy

Happy Monday, my lovelies!

• Like 6

Tex, my like is really a hug because I don't like what happened to your dd at all.  That is horrible! 

I was so mad.  And I would have been on the phone with the children's director, but she left on a missions trip today.  UGH.  I will deal, though.  This girl presented it all as fact and asked little dd what she should do. 

I had the last little bit today in a fried rice.  Have you even had it?  A lot of people who diss it have never even had it.  

My grandmother fed it to me fried when I was a kid.

I don't eat pork.  Also, it is chock full of nitrites.  It's no good for you or anyone.  Stop eating Spam, Jean!

My grandmother fed it to me fried when I was a kid.

I don't eat pork.  Also, it is chock full of nitrites.  It's no good for you or anyone.  Stop eating Spam, Jean!

SPAM is basically really thick bacon.  I do eat pork.  I like pork.  Just for the record, Filipinos frequently mix up their P's and their F's so sometimes my MIL feeds me fork.  We don't eat it often.  This is the first time in 20 some years of marriage that we've had it for dinner and I think it has been at least 6 months or more since we had it for breakfast.  I did have some again today because there was a tiny bit left over and all the SPAM prejudice caused me to eat it in protest.  

Little dd came to me at bedtime last night crying and scared. A girl her age in children's church told her how a scary doll with a knife had cut her, she saw "Run Katie" written in blood, a bad man came downstairs and threatened to kill her parents if she told the parents he was in the house, etc. It sounded like the plot of a Chucky movie, but I've never seen one. The girl went on and on. Little dd was completely traumatized and had to sleep in her brother's room. I am so mad! Can't she even go to children's church and not hear about horror movies??? :thumbdown:

The children's director is gone next week, and I was asked to be in the children's service as a monitor so I will be speaking to this girl. There was also a boy involved who played along. I will likely be speaking to her parents, as well.

I have no idea how long little dd and the kitten will be sleeping in ds14's room now. :closedeyes:

I will share one of my least proud childhood moments (but only if y'all promise not to think I am a meanie.) When I was in elementary, I lived in an urban area with my grandparents. I had a friend down the street that I played with who was a year or two younger than me. (Ironically, I want to say her name was Katie:-) One day, I told her some dreadful tale because she wanted me to tell her a "scary story". The next day, I went to her house to play. Her mother read me the riot act and said she couldn't play with me anymore. After a few weeks, she did anyway, but it was not a pleasant time. I felt so bad that I had scared her and was mortified that now her mother didn't like me. The joys of youth.

Just to be clear, I know your daughter didn't asked to have the carp scared out of her:-) I don't tell this story with any real point other than the fact that it brought back that little gem of a childhood memory, lol. Kids can suck.

• Like 1

SPAM is basically really thick bacon.  I do eat pork.  I like pork.  Just for the record, Filipinos frequently mix up their P's and their F's so sometimes my MIL feeds me fork.  We don't eat it often.  This is the first time in 20 some years of marriage that we've had it for dinner and I think it has been at least 6 months or more since we had it for breakfast.  I did have some again today because there was a tiny bit left over and all the SPAM prejudice caused me to eat it in protest.  

Nope, not thick bacon.  Pork butt and pork shoulder chopped up and mixed with salt, sugar, water, potato starch and nitrites.

Don't eat fork.  Don't eat Spam.

That is my last word on this issue. :hat:

(I don't really get the cat in the hat smiley, but Ellie uses it so it must be good for something.)

• Like 2

I will share one of my least proud childhood moments (but only if y'all promise not to think I am a meanie.) When I was in elementary, I lived in an urban area with my grandparents. I had a friend down the street that I played with who was a year or two younger than me. (Ironically, I want to say her name was Katie:-) One day, I told her some dreadful tale because she wanted me to tell her a "scary story". The next day, I went to her house to play. Her mother read me the riot act and said she couldn't play with me anymore. After a few weeks, she did anyway, but it was not a pleasant time. I felt so bad that I had scared her and was mortified that now her mother didn't like me. The joys of youth.

Just to be clear, I know your daughter didn't asked to have the carp scared out of her:-) I don't tell this story with any real point other than the fact that it brought back that little gem of a childhood memory, lol. Kids can suck.

I feel a bit sorry for this girl because some adult saw fit to expose her in some way to what seems to be a horror movie at the age of 9 or under.  Who does that?

And obviously the supervision needs to be upped in children's church because all of this long string of horrible stories happened while they were supposed to be making cards for missionaries in South America. UGH.

Maybe they could show a Freddy Krueger movie next week while knitting caps for children in China.

• Like 2

Nope, not thick bacon.  Pork butt and pork shoulder chopped up and mixed with salt, sugar, water, potato starch and nitrites.

Don't eat fork.  Don't eat Spam.

That is my last word on this issue. :hat:

(I don't really get the cat in the hat smiley, but Ellie uses it so it must be good for something.)

I am confident and happy in my spamminess.  (Since you've already announced to the world that you've used up your last word on the issue, I'm getting the last word in.  ;)  )

PS - you said butt.  

• Like 1