Menu

Ignore this thread!

She's pretty though.

What's a doxie?

They both sleep outside. Starting in fall, they will sleep inside because it gets too cold for my little boogers.

Dauchshund.

She is a pretty little thing.

I think she is scared and lonely.  Can you crate train both of them to sleep inside in a smallish crate together?  

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Dauchshund.

She is a pretty little thing.

I think she is scared and lonely.  Can you crate train both of them to sleep inside in a smallish crate together?  

I don't think she's that short (the legs). I wish I could get a better picture but she keeps trying to hide. She will be small though but bigger than Chavela. Oh, Little named her Luna. She has a white spot on her chest.

Very pretty, but annoying.

She is a scaredy thing. I asked dh if he couldn't have picked something a bit more brava and he said she was the prettiest. :). They do sleep together in the doghouse, and have been in the indoor crate. There is just enough room for them to sleep together in there. Both prefer to be in the house. Maybe when I get my ... crap... together I won't mind having indoor dogs again. They are certainly small enough, even in my 659 sq ft.

How do you train scarediness out of a dog?

How do you train scarediness out of a dog?

Some dogs are just more jumpy and nervous than others. Learn to recognize what scares the dog, don't reinforce it by treating the dog "wimpy" (e.g., you acting like it's something really bad, that the dog needs to be protected from) during their scared periods, reassure them and expose them to lots of different situations with you by their side for support. Take the dog to obedience classes where you can get lots of other tips from trainers, and the dog can get some positive stimulation with learning commands and socialization with other dogs in a safe environment.

• Like 2

I need my own IT person who lives in my house and can help me do stupid stuff like actually be able to open PDF files and create new folders in documents.  I dislike things that make me feel stupid because I am not stupid.

If you'll download chrome remote desktop I'll control your computer in front of your face and talk you through it over the phone. PM me if you want.

I like to play "Guess what kind of dog this is."

Me too.

The black one is a Papillon (papie-on) cross and the blond one is a Yorkie Jack Russel. No way that's a chihuahua. Is the blonde one the barker?

I'm rereading my KonMari book before I have to turn it in to the library in five days. Here's that quote I mentioned.

"Well, when I come home from work, the floor would be clear of clutter... and my room, as tidy as a hotel suite with nothing obstructing the line of sight. I'd have a pink bedspread and a white antique style lamp. Before going to bed, I would have a bath, burn aromatherapy oils, and listen to classical piano or violin while doing yoga and drinking herbal tea. I would fall asleep with a feeling of unhurried spaciousness."

the life-changing magic of tidying up, by Marie Kondo pg. 37

• Like 2

I've ignored this thread quite effectively while playing some tennis and going out for wine and food afterwards. ;)  

Have a great weekend!

BTW - news alert! I'll be crossing the border into the US this Sunday. Lock up your children, a van full of crazy Canuks will be on your highways for 5 days!!!!

• Like 4

Just finished the last episode of The Office. I love that show. I used to work part time in an office...

I loved the first 4 or 5 seasons, but the last couple were pretty bad. So sad. There is something about season #8 that must be completed for syndication's sake, that just seems to ruin some great shows (e.g., The Office, Psych). I like the UK's idea of stopping a series while it's still excellent, then going on to something else. 

• Like 1

If you'll download chrome remote desktop I'll control your computer in front of your face and talk you through it over the phone. PM me if you want.

Me too.

The black one is a Papillon (papie-on) cross and the blond one is a Yorkie Jack Russel. No way that's a chihuahua. Is the blonde one the barker?

I'm pretty sure the blond one is a terrier/chihuahua mix. She's our third one. She is really small to be a jack russell terrier. She's 7 pounds. The black is the barker. I feel sorry for my neighbors tonight. We're sleeping in a hotel. With the wifi down. Which is why I'm on my phone. Sigh.

I'm going to have to look up papillon. Thanks!

I'm rereading my KonMari book before I have to turn it in to the library in five days. Here's that quote I mentioned.

"Well, when I come home from work, the floor would be clear of clutter... and my room, as tidy as a hotel suite with nothing obstructing the line of sight. I'd have a pink bedspread and a white antique style lamp. Before going to bed, I would have a bath, burn aromatherapy oils, and listen to classical piano or violin while doing yoga and drinking herbal tea. I would fall asleep with a feeling of unhurried spaciousness."

the life-changing magic of tidying up, by Marie Kondo pg. 37

Floor clear of clutter is nice.  A room as tidy as a hotel suite is sterile and boring.  

• Like 2

Floor clear of clutter is nice. A room as tidy as a hotel suite is sterile and boring.

My bedroom is usually as tidy as a hotel suite but my bed spread is bright red, my furniture is cherry, and I have a few beautiful pieces of artwork hanging. It doesn't appear sterile or boring, it's just very neat.

• Like 1

I can't figure out what to wear today.

My bedroom is a mess, but my bathroom is clean. I can't seem to manage both places.

Wear capris with a casual shirt.

My entire house is never neat and clean at the same time.  Hasn't been for years.  Too much space, and too many people and animals.  I focus on the common living areas and on the half bath off the kitchen, as it is the one I use most and that company would use.

Also, when you get older kids, they want a say over their own space, and I am okay with this.  I would prefer everyone be neat and orderly, but that only happened once out of four kids. :lol:

• Like 2

It has been three hours since anyone posted. People are not taking this thread seriously.

Some of us are trying to sleep in. Being that it's Saturday and all. But then their 4 year old dd climbs in bed with them and plays with their face until they finally get up. Thank goodness for a programmable coffee pot. One of life's small pleasures!
  • Like 3

This is one of my favorite expressions. I don't know why. I had to look it up the first time I heard it. But I really like it!

It is such a wonderfully descriptive term to add to one's lexicon.  Pop culture, instant description in a few words, hearkens to a classic TV show - it has all the things.

• Like 1

Dh and I have watched the entire series. It did jump the shark after Michael Scott left. I fell in love with Jim. (Dh knows.)

I realized a month or so ago that I never saw seasons 5-8, so I watched all that plus the final season. I got a little teary over the "Seasons of Love" scene (and several from the last season, because you knew it was "Goodbye").

• Like 1

Renai, look at citronella anti-bark collars. These collars emit a puff of citronella at the dog's nose when it barks, so there is no shock involved, so they are gentle. For best results, be sure to reward her quiet behaviors with petting, treats, attention and play sessions. This will help her to gain some confidence and also help her to understand that quiet gets you a better response than barking.

And I agree about keeping the dogs together at night if the one is quiet and they enjoy each other's company.

• Like 4

Renai, look at citronella anti-bark collars. These collars emit a puff of citronella at the dog's nose when it barks, so there is no shock involved, so they are gentle. For best results, be sure to reward her quiet behaviors with petting, treats, attention and play sessions. This will help her to gain some confidence and also help her to understand that quiet gets you a better response than barking.

And I agree about keeping the dogs together at night if the one is quiet and they enjoy each other's company.

Ok, I'll look this up, thanks! The two dogs are together all day, so that isn't a problem. She's finally starting to play. My older dog was trying to get her to play before and she'd just cower in the dog house and lay looking at her. Yesterday I saw her starting to play.

We got back home this afternoon and the neighbor said our dog barked all night. I knew it would happen. He wasn't happy. We live on a private road, and it's his family, so...

My bedroom is usually as tidy as a hotel suite but my bed spread is bright red, my furniture is cherry, and I have a few beautiful pieces of artwork hanging. It doesn't appear sterile or boring, it's just very neat.

I like this image. It's how I want my bedroom.

• Like 1

My bedroom looks like a storage room, sad to say. I am laying on the bed right now and as I look around my eyes do not rest on anything that is neat and tidy. But part of this is DH's fault. He is worse than I am (was) at getting rid of things.
  • Like 1

My bedroom looks like a storage room, sad to say. I am laying on the bed right now and as I look around my eyes do not rest on anything that is neat and tidy. But part of this is DH's fault. He is worse than I am (was) at getting rid of things.

I've been on this mission of minimalism for a few years now. I was always organized and always cleaning. I decided to start getting rid of stuff to make my life easier and the more I got rid of the more I wanted to get rid of. I've gotten rid of about half of our stuff in the past two years. I would like to get rid of another half. I used to spend about 5 hours a week cleaning. Now I spend about an hour a week.

• Like 2

Ok, I'll look this up, thanks! The two dogs are together all day, so that isn't a problem. She's finally starting to play. My older dog was trying to get her to play before and she'd just cower in the dog house and lay looking at her. Yesterday I saw her starting to play.

We got back home this afternoon and the neighbor said our dog barked all night. I knew it would happen. He wasn't happy. We live on a private road, and it's his family, so...

Renai, for the neighbor's sake I would crate both of them inside at night.  

Renai, for the neighbor's sake I would crate both of them inside at night.  

I will until the collar gets here. For my sake too! It is too hot in this house to have the two dogs in the crate at night (or during the day), so I prefer them outside over the summer.

• Like 1

I'm going to Walmart now. I hate Walmart. With a mighty passion. But, in my season of life one stop shopping is a necessity!

Ugh.  I ended up running into Walmart today too.  I was grabbing a few things on short notice for supper tonight as a friend from out of town was driving through at supper time.  Her dh is deployed and they have a couple little ones, so I hated to resort to pizza though dh suggested it if I wanted to.  Anyway, walmart was so nuts I almost walked right back out intending to go for the pizza option.  But I pulled up my big girl panties and made myself hunt for what I needed.  In our case, Walmart was on the way home from the TKD tournament I took ds to. 

• Like 1

Here is a question to ponder: why would a person mention, in their weekly "family update mass email" the weights of all household members? (Keep in mind, these are not people who are trying to lose weight and have accountability. Just "Grandma is holding steady at 140, Justin is 170, etc.)

I guess it shouldn't surprise me since their primary topic of conversation is the weight (gain or loss), relative attractiveness, and apparent financial status of people they know. I can only imagine how they talk about us...

• Like 2