Menu

Ignore this thread!

Uff da is Norwegian or something.  

Yes, it is Norwegian. Another similar expression is "Uffa meg!"  Translates roughly to "Oh my!" - only it sounds cooler and it's a tad harsher. if you want to swear in Norwegian, you can say, "faen i helvete!" It's harsh, but only if you understand Norwegian. Otherwise it sounds like some kind of cheese or a baby deer.  :laugh:  Or perhaps it's a baby deer eating some kind of Norwegian cheese. (which is delicious, mind you)

• Like 4

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Well, little dd asked if I had ever been drunk, and ds14 took that as his chance to spill all he knew.*  :ohmy:  So then I lectured him while pointing a pencil about how he should not tell anyone else's story. :thumbdown:  So then ds12 snapped some real jewels, like ones for the Christmas card!   :huh:   I deleted them.  No, thanks.

*The teens in my home get more information than the elementary set.

You have no idea how much I wish I was a fly on your wall.   :lurk5:  :lurk5:  :lurk5:

• Like 4

Do you do floors, Duckie? Come on down!

Yes, but ONLY if the house is kid-free.  

As I tell my dh every Saturday, you take 'em all out for the day, and I will happily mop every floor in the house.  It usually takes about 4 hours.  (30min to mop, 10min to dry, 20 min to make my lunch, and 3 hours to fritter away mindlessly on the forums.)

* I don't usually itemize my activities like that for dh's benefit, though. 

• Like 9

Did my core exercises.  I'm not used to having dh home in the evening.  I told him that if he wants to live a long and happy life he will not stand there watching me doing my exercises.  He prudently decided to leave for errands.  

HAHAHA!  I also refuse to exercise in front of my DH.  I always wait until he's in the shower or something, and then I'm like "Quick!  Squats!"  I'm doing mutu core to fix my weird post-preg ab issues.  

• Like 7

Make me do my core exercises.  I am achy as he double hockey sticks but I need to do them.  Tell me that I'm a BA and that if I don't want to be a FT (fat tummy) then I have to do them.  

Now that I've read through, I see you've done them. I'm so proud of you!

• Like 1

As for me, I'm doing homework. Don't worry, I actually slept, it's just that I woke up reaaaallly early, and needed to finish an assignment I was supposed to post on the discussion board last night. It wasn't toooo late, only about 4 hours. She doesn't care. She cares more about the assignments that are a week behind because of the whole kicking-hubby-out fiasco a week and a half ago. Yep.

• Like 3

Do these things happen in other people's homes or is this just me and mine?

Yes, we just don't want to admit it.  My brother snapped a picture of me one family gathering as I gave a child the "you have lost your mind and all wrath is getting ready to descend on you" look.  It was lovely.  And I was prayed for last night at supper for my temper.  Lots of proud moments here. 

• Like 9

A minute ago, I walked into the kitchen and found my 11 month old chewing on the top of a bell pepper that he'd pulled out of the garbage.  

I just left him there to chew on it so I could check my email.  

This is the sort of parenting wisdom that comes with the 4th child. ;)  

• Like 6

Well looky that.

Our bicentennial is approaching!  :party:

I can provide my famous savory chicken bbq nachos.  And two bags of pirate booty.

I've forgotten what "pirate booty" is. I know I've heard of it before.

Oh, and bicentennial for what?

A minute ago, I walked into the kitchen and found my 11 month old chewing on the top of a bell pepper that he'd pulled out of the garbage.

I just left him there to chew on it so I could check my email.

Bell peppers are high in vitamin C. That, and the fact that it was in the garbage... definite immunity booster. Carry on!
  • Like 8

Yes, we just don't want to admit it.  My brother snapped a picture of me one family gathering as I gave a child the "you have lost your mind and all wrath is getting ready to descend on you" look.  It was lovely.  And I was prayed for last night at supper for my temper.  Lots of proud moments here. 

:lol:

"Dear God, thank you for this food and please help our mother not to spout off angry nonsense all the time."

• Like 8

I don't know what is wrong with all you folks.  In my house I am well known for my composure and meekness.  My children behave well 100% of the time and do so while loudly proclaiming how blessed they are to have such a saintly mother.  I have to admit there is very few photos of me, the glare off my halo ruins them all.  

:lol: ANd if you believe any of that you are welcome to come hang out in my tropical cabana here in Alberta :P

• Like 6

:lol: ANd if you believe any of that you are welcome to come hang out in my tropical cabana here in Alberta :p

Do you have a cabana boy named Rocco? Who gives foot massages and delivers drinks with little umbrellas in them? If so, I'm there! 

• Like 5

Well looky that.

Our bicentennial is approaching!  :party:

I can provide my famous savory chicken bbq nachos.  And two bags of pirate booty.

I've forgotten what "pirate booty" is. I know I've heard of it before.

Why, yes. Yes this is. For sure.

That reminds me- we haven't had a hot hula video in a while...

While I do appreciate Monica's take on pirate booty, I believe the reference was to popcorn.  Although I'm sure an argument can be made that Monica's pirate booty is edible and can be bagged.

• Like 6

:iagree: It is so good! I can buy it here, but it's $17 a block. Ouch!! Worth every penny, though (once a year).

Whaaaaaaat?!? Good grief, and I thought $7 a block was pricey (Ski Queen brand at Whole Foods).

In celebration of our bicentennial, I will contribute a virtual block of gjetost, some homemade triple berry jam, and crackers. (And I notice with a bit of giddyness that we are nearing 10,000 posts!)

• Like 4