Menu

Ignore this thread!

Dd ran a 10K.  AKA a mom brag.  Since I can't even walk a 5k at the moment, I'm in awe of all of you.

I stated a health/pain log this morning for the new doc.  He didn't ask me to do this.  And he may totally diss it but I think it could be helpful.  

But you homeschool your children, manage your family, and provide support and wisdom to many, many people.  While dealing with chronic health and pain issues.  Pretty dang impressive I'd say.  YAY, you. :thumbup1:

I think it's worth a BOOYA. (ETA  You beat me to it!)

• Like 5

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

But you homeschool your children, manage your family, and provide support and wisdom to many, many people.  While dealing with chronic health and pain issues.  Pretty dang impressive I'd say.  YAY, you. :thumbup1:

I think it's worth a BOOYA.

Jean is BA.

• Like 3

The gray and white kitten we fostered (King Tut), has been adopted so only Marley the tabby kitten remains. (And mama cat) Little dd fell in love with Marley and carried her in a blanket and pushed her in a doll stroller. It is taking all I have to not drive over and get Marley.

• Like 2

So it turns out that a good way to see me have an all-out sailor-infused tantrum is to put a mostly liquid strawberry shake in the freezer - positioned just right so that, just as I am putting the frozen veggies in, it spills all over the freezer/refridgerator/floor.

And then have 15 of your 7 family members ask when dinner will be ready, "'cause we have to leave soon."

Is there a cursing sailor smiley?

• Like 5

Go get Marley!

Ds12 ia my voice of reason, and he thinks it is not a good idea.  So I am not doing it.  I have made a superstitous deal in my head, though, but the chances of it happening are about zero so the chances of me going back to get Marley are about zero.  I am sad and miss her.  We already have too many pets.

So it turns out that a good way to see me have an all-out sailor-infused tantrum is to put a mostly liquid strawberry shake in the freezer - positioned just right so that, just as I am putting the frozen veggies in, it spills all over the freezer/refridgerator/floor.

And then have 15 of your 7 family members ask when dinner will be ready, "'cause we have to leave soon."

My kids love to booby trap stuff like this.  Sigh.

• Like 3

if there is, Renai will find it.

So did they get take-out or go through a drive though window?  

• Like 5

Ds12 ia my voice of reason, and he thinks it is not a good idea.  So I am not doing it.  I have made a superstitous deal in my head, though, but the chances of it happening are about zero so the chances of me going back to get Marley are about zero.  I am sad and miss her.  We already have too many pets.

We can console each other  I keep thinking about Archimedes (the disabled bunny).  

• Like 1

I will not be able to participate this evening.

My MCT order arrived today while I was at work. As is only natural, my over-planning side just took over my brain. Must. plan. now.

I didn't know you could plan like that. I thought you were supposed to plan your curriculum and then start it and do the next thing the next day. I think if I planned a year out I'd be really discouraged if we fell behind. Now I'm confused and slightly frightened.
  • Like 3

When I ran the Disneyland Marathon, we ran through Anaheim Stadium.  Our names were announced over the sound system.  So, as I was running through, I got to hear "FA Sticky from Hometown Hometown Hometown."

It was so awesome.

I wish you'd put Sticky back as your avatar. I miss Sticky.

• Like 1

I didn't know you could plan like that. I thought you were supposed to plan your curriculum and then start it and do the next thing the next day. I think if I planned a year out I'd be really discouraged if we fell behind. Now I'm confused and slightly frightened.

Don't be. Your first idea is fine. I would (sometimes) plan a year just to get an idea of pacing, then I wouldn't look at the plan for the rest of the year. Seriously. Also, don't get attached to one way of doing something (ie, planning). It will change as your kids grow and you get your groove. Do not despair!

• Like 3

Sorry. You'll have to use your imagination.

1118379-Cartoon-Of-An-Angry-Sailor-Royal

• Like 5

Not quite a sailor, but...

gif.gif

• Like 4

Home from work.  We now have 9 cute chicks, 1 died as it was hatching, 16 that have not started yet.

Dinner is in the oven (lemon dill salmon, asparagus and baby potatoes)

Tortoises are getting moved right now, then time to turn their normal home into a temporary brooder.  

Won't be online much tonight, must catch up on school work, final is tomorrow.

• Like 4

Home from work.  We now have 9 cute chicks, 1 died as it was hatching, 16 that have not started yet.

Tortoises are getting moved right now, then time to turn their normal home into a temporary brooder.  

The juxtaposition of these two sentences is...disturbing.

• Like 4

The juxtaposition of these two sentences is...disturbing.

Yes, for half a second, I thought she was having 1 dead hatching chick for dinner.  (Salmon, asparagus and potatoes sounds yummy!)

• Like 3