Menu

anyone familiar with sprouts market?

lynn

I love Sprouts! Their produce is especially good and priced well. Every six weeks or so there is a coupon ( in the newspaper incert only..not the store weekly adds) for $5.00 off of a $30.00 produce purchase. We like some of their cerials . The dairy is overpriced as is the frozen, but is good. It can be a good place for supplements, and bulk spices, and grains. The meat dept. is ok, but I would miss the bakery section. They have their adds online and always have produce as some of their loss leaders.

HTH

• Like 2

I don't remember any Sprouts exclusive items. They have some store-branded things, but it's not like Trader Joe's. More similar to Whole Foods. Their prices on the toothpaste and body wash we use was better than Whole Foods. They have some great produce buys. Great prices on things like almond milk.

Kroger's organic apples are all a year old! The Tiger Farms market sells organic potatoes for an ungodly price!

But Sprouts has both items fresh and affordable. I usually stick to the sales there, and I look for bulk almond and pecans on sale. If you avoid the meat, you can save money and get good items. I have gotten clearance items cheap, as well. I wish I had one closer.

If you do anything like Bea Johnson's #zerowastehome or packaging reduction, Sprouts is far and away the best general resource. Love their produce, love the bulk options, love the plant-based/whole-foods/health orientation. They have some specialty meats like bison, if you're into that, and the wine/beer selection seems solid.

It's my favorite supermarket by a huge margin, not least because the prices are terrific.

• Like 1

It's a good compromise store for me--I can get the specialty things we need (food allergies and special diets here!) and the more ordinary food items in one store, rather than going to even more food stores each week.

A few times a year they have a Vitamin Extravaganza, which is a big sale on all cleaning, personal care, and supplement products--I think it's 25% off? Then they have a significant sale on freezer items other times of the year.

The monthly ads in the store often have coupons for things we actually buy, which is so unusual for us.

Blasphemy. Sprouts is the ugly stepchild of Whole Foods.

Sprout's prices are much better than Whole Foods around here. Perhaps it's the other way around - Whole Foods is the snooty step child of Sprouts. I am not letting people trample my Sprouts without piping up. :lol:

• Like 4

I don't go often but when I do its Wednesday;s afternoon, as you can get the previous week's and that week's sale items. As with any store you have to watch their ad's for sales.I find the marinara sauce good esp when I have to feed a crowd.

Apart from the produce, the things that go on sale that are worth buying are the traditional medicinal teas like Breathe easy,Throat coat for $2.99 or even as low as  2 for $5 .

There are other teas too that go more frequently on sale but everyone here loves the throat coat or seasonal sampler so I stock up.

Braggs Acv ,Ezekiel bread,Bulk almonds,bulk candied ginger,sea salt ,almond milk,red peppers ,bulk cheese.I have not found the vitamins cheaper than Vitacost or Amazon even on sale.HTH